If Manny is betting on himself...

I view this as Manny’s betting on himself and Shoop. He’s perfectly familiar with Shoop’s ability, and I don’t believe he would be on this limb without Shoop’s presence. Hopefully Shoop is just that guy as a strategist.

Advertisement
I view this as Manny’s betting on himself and Shoop. He’s perfectly familiar with Shoop’s ability, and I don’t believe he would be on this limb without Shoop’s presence. Hopefully Shoop is just that guy as a strategist.
Schoop won’t be calling plays or on the sidelines making in game adjustments

Schoop won’t be calling plays or on the sidelines making in game adjustments
My thoughts were focused on game planning. You make good points though. Taking it a step further, what roll can Shoop technically play in-game as an “analyst.”

We went 10-3 that year. With 2 of the losses in the postseason. If Manny has that same success this year the mopes might as well fly the banner and cancel there season tickets because he’s getting an extension whether they like it or not.
And signature wins happen in the postseason and against great teams. great wins lose their luster when you limp to the finish line with bad Performances…I’m sure he will get an extension but richt followed up 2017 with 7 wins so did we really turn a corner? Nope. And i Already made a thread about what happens if he wins 10 games but our best win is against a 7-8 win team like ncsu and we lose or get smoked by all the good teams on our schedule. To me this year will Be our peak record-wise and our chance of doing something special.

Advertisement
Come on Dude…Our fans don’t want to count 4th quarter touchdowns that Louisville had last year against us, so context only matters when it’s in our favor? Can’t have it both ways…

The difference is one actually happened while yours is a connect the dots scenario made up to make a weak position plausible.

Advertisement
We went 10-3 that year. With 2 of the losses in the postseason. If Manny has that same success this year the mopes might as well fly the banner and cancel there season tickets because he’s getting an extension whether they like it or not.
I'm going to need proof of current season ticket holder status for some of these clowns.

Advertisement
How much can analysts actually do? Is there any set guidelines or rules?
i would imagine he'll be up in the box and communicating directly or indirectly with manny. perhaps through other coaches. remember he is game planning, which is his top task. he should have specific responses to specific plays and formations and variables. he would have planned those in advance, including specific defensive play calls.

per a nebraska newspaper article on the subject matter: "During practices and games, analysts by rule may observe the proceedings and interact with coaches. What they can’t do at those times is engage in any “coaching activities” with players. That includes skill instruction, strategy planning and participating in drills.

Analysts may be in game huddles as long as no coaching occurs. They are allowed to offer “words of encouragement” in such a setting."

some if not all of this is difficult if not impossible to enforce.

What happens if it just the opposite. We hold Alabama under 200 yards rrushing and the D holds Alabama to under 400 total yards. What happens then. We WILL be dancing around it and the Credit will fall squarely on Manny. We shall see.

Manny is the HC not the DC. So if the exact opposite happens, then it still falls squarely on Manny. This is his 3rd season and 2nd OC. That said, regardless of what happens in the Bama game. I am not going to hold it against Manny. No one should expect a team like Miami to beat a powerhouse like Bama. No one should even expect a team like Miami to keep it close with Bama. If he loses to any other team on our schedule, including the "mighty" UNC. That is where the blame will fall squarely on Manny.

The difference is one actually happened while yours is a connect the dots scenario made up to make a weak position plausible.
the post I was responding to was a made up scenario too…mine was also a hypothetical scenario to illustrate you can’t just say “we’ll be dancing if our defense hits these numbers”. Numbers don’t always tell the whole story and context matters, so Yes I want to see the game before I give an opinion on how well our defense played

Advertisement
Manny is the HC not the DC. So if the exact opposite happens, then it still falls squarely on Manny. This is his 3rd season and 2nd OC. That said, regardless of what happens in the Bama game. I am not going to hold it against Manny. No one should expect a team like Miami to beat a powerhouse like Bama. No one should even expect a team like Miami to keep it close with Bama. If he loses to any other team on our schedule, including the "mighty" UNC. That is where the blame will fall squarely on Manny.
I agree with this to a point. If the team loses by 50 or 60, and just looks horrible on national TV and the recruits run for the hills, I'll blame Manny for not having the team prepared.

I totally don't expect that at all. I think Miami will cover at the very least.

I agree with this to a point. If the team loses by 50 or 60, and just looks horrible on national TV and the recruits run for the hills, I'll blame Manny for not having the team prepared.

I totally don't expect that at all. I think Miami will cover at the very least.
I agree with that. If they make us look like a G5 team or a first game of the season FCS cupcake. Then yes I will blame him.

Advertisement
Back