If I told you in February 2019...

Advertisement
Huge fan of his style and game. I think his potential to play bigger is understated. I've been really curious to see if his body evolves one level up to be like Josh Jacobs. I've seen the Lamichael James comparisons (I presume because of those great feet bc Knighton is the same size now as a near 23 year old James was going into NFL), and I see Knighton squat better as a HS senior than James did at the end of his college career.

Knighton's cutback style, the way he plants his foot, and accelerates upfield are all more similar to players like Jacobs and Duke Johnson. On a field where players will finally be spread across the 53 1/3 AND vertically, guys like Knighton are a nightmare against LBs and Safeties trying to fill alleys.

Yes, agree!
I feel like people have him pegged as a finesse back. He is very, very physical. And he ENJOYS being physical. There's times where he'll actually look for contact, just to send a message.

And what I like is, he varies it up. I've seen him get in one-on-one situations (in the open field or on the sideline)...and sometime he'll shake the guy, sometimes he'll run right through the guy, and **** - sometimes he'll hurdle him.

His ability to go 0-to-100mph is what separates him from most RB's though. (IMO)

Yes, agree!
I feel like people have him pegged as a finesse back. He is very, very physical. And he ENJOYS being physical. There's times where he'll actually look for contact, just to send a message.

And what I like is, he varies it up. I've seen him get in one-on-one situations (in the open field or on the sideline)...and sometime he'll shake the guy, sometimes he'll run right through the guy, and **** - sometimes he'll hurdle him.

His ability to go 0-to-100mph is what separates him from most RB's though. (IMO)

Could you guys imagine what Duke would have done in a Lashlee offense? IIRC, Duke made one of our guys injure his knee in practice by trying to keep pace with one of his cuts. My favorite Cane in the bad years since the ST/Gore era. Good lord, I hope Knighton has that type of explosiveness.

Could you guys imagine what Duke would have done in a Lashlee offense? IIRC, Duke made one of our guys injure his knee in practice by trying to keep pace with one of his cuts. My favorite Cane in the bad years since the ST/Gore era. Good lord, I hope Knighton has that type of explosiveness.
He's more explosive than Duke, less lateral ability though.
He can't (or doesn't) shake-n-bake like Duke does.

I don’t want to see any of you haters beating your chests when the season starts and we are ****** teams up. None of that screaming “It’s all about the U“ and bragging to your UFag and FSwho friends. Nah, keep that same energy that you have in this and every other positive thread.

Try to jump on the bandwagon and I’m gonna hit y’all with that Forrest Gump, “Can’t sit here”.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Manny as a coach willing to address reality and fill needs by any means necessary is what keeps me bought in. Yes, he has to show it on field, we all know that, but we have to be jacked by the progress we've made with personnel despite adversity.
Considering the 6-7 record, class is actually pretty good when you see it on paper. Those late pulls for Williams and Knighton were huge. I just don’t understand why we can’t recruit better at CB?

Yes, agree!

He buried somebody in that Vero Beach game.

Honestly I cant read through this. We went from thinking we would beat UF to losing to FIU. Go win the conference if you want anyone to think you arent a joke

Advertisement
ROFL, not this **** again, the real class ranking will be known if permitted in at minimum, 2 or 3 years from now. Seeing people getting amped up over some nerd recruiting site/s class rankings is still comical and asanine to me. If the 2008 so called "1 class ranking" didn't teach y'all nothing, I said it way back than, HTF is a class full of wideouts and linebackers rated the #1 class, pure stupidity! When in fact that 2010 class was actually his best class cause it was his most physical class, people who claimed to know football back than and even now are probably still to foolish to see it. With that being said, the last 2 classes have definitely brought in more physical position players, so we going in the right direction.

Also let's stop saying coach diaz is doing a better job than previous staffs cause he making changes, that's because he has to, he doesn't have the "bandwidth" as a headcoach to not make changes, and particularly those who want to act like he's somehow already doing a better job than coach richt, lol. Coach richt was an established headcoach and instantly restored credibility to the program again.

Here's what coach diaz has to attain to past coach richt:

* First 10 win seaon and last one in around 17yrs!
* First bowl win in around 10 yrs!
* First True on field play, coastal division champs!
* First ACC championship game!
* Coach of the year in all of college football!
* 2 first team True all-freshman players: Ahmon Richards and brevin jordan!
* Consistent top 5 defensive categories under the coach richt regime/leadership, including the #1 pass defense in all of college football, shouts out to coach rumph and coach banda!

I'll stop their, and that's just at UM, so let's see if coach diaz can come close to that., 1st , so the non-sense needs to stop!

Advertisement
Back