If firing assistants gets you excited...

Advertisement
you are a sucker.

Randy fired his buddy and DC Walton after his first year. Nix after year two.

Coker fired the entire staff sans Randy after LSU.

Firing coaches is not a signal of a good coach. In fact when the coaches are all your guys you brought in, the need to fire them is a sign of desperation and incompetence. You dont get credit for cleaning up the **** you took on the carpet.

I agree with you.....

The team is essentially "starting over"....

New OC, new DC which means new game plans, new coach/player relationships to form, new culture to implement....

The idiots on this Board calling for firings are such low football IQ--- they don't understand that starting over means you ***KING start from step 1 again and pray that the pieces fit exactly right for this team to perform at a high level in NINE MORE MONTHS!

I totally expect another 6-6, 7-5, 8-4 in 2020..... and the dumb-asses on this board will be flinging the same ****** poo next year....

you are a sucker.

Firing coaches is not a signal of a good coach. In fact when the coaches are all your guys you brought in, the need to fire them is a sign of desperation and incompetence. You dont get credit for cleaning up the **** you took on the carpet.
You’re exactly wrong.

Manny isn't getting fired so why not get hyped for assistants getting canned? I mean let's face it as bad as the season was, the defense didn't play poorly and when they did it was a result of the offense failing to sustain drives...why can't I believe that by (AT LEAST) fixing the offense that we'll improve?

I'm not saying Manny is the answer but you can't just **** on him for not making changes and then **** on him for making them...

Advertisement
I agree with you.....

New OC, new DC which means new game plans, new coach/player relationships to form, new culture to implement....

The idiots on this Board calling for firings are such low football IQ--- they don't understand that starting over means you ***KING start from step 1 again and pray that the pieces fit exactly right for this team to perform at a high level in NINE MORE MONTHS!

I totally expect another 6-6, 7-5, 8-4 in 2020..... and the dumb-asses on this board will be flinging the same ****** poo next year....
Yea so just let everybody stay in place and hope for the best. All great organizations are run this way.

DING DING DING.

Dabo the same.

Its no different from when Randy fired Cokers guys or Al Randys guys etc etc. Its what happens often when the interim coach becomes HC.

But the sucker fans cant think that deeply.

Or when Manny fired all of Richt’s offensive assistants. Only to bring in even worse guys.

Sure but this is good for a few reasons
1. Hopeful improvements
2. Get out of jail free card is burned

Bingo, Manny now needs to **** or get off the pot. James may give a little more rope due to the $4M to Temple and the exposure on himself for the hire, but this puts Manny on the clock regardless. We now have a scant of hope one way or the other as soon as the end of next season.

Advertisement
OP is right. Anyone who thinks a new coordinator helps Manny to right the ship is out of their mind. Coker, Shannon nor, Golden ever lost to the kind of teams Manny did his first year.

First team ever to lose (3) or more games where they’re favored by 10 points.

First team ever in Independence Bowl history to be shut out.

First power 5 team to be shut out by a team ever in a bowl game.

Helped set an Independence Bowl record for punts in a game.

Never got in the red zone versus La Tech

Allowed FIU to score 30 points in a game.

Blew (4) 4th quarter leads versus Florida, UNC, GT &, Duke

0-3 coming out of bye weeks.

This program needs a nuclear cleansing from the AD to the Waterboy.

Ed didnt bring in the OC he was handed.

And for every Ed ill raise you a Coker and Randy.

When the program is a total mess, a coordinator isnt fixing it.

LSU was a perennial top ten team for a decade before Ed got there.

Do you not see how vastly different the situations are for ***** sake?

It's convenient to leave out that LSU has been stacking 4/5 star recruits for years.... and their prior HC's were pretty **** good... The team was under performing and needed a good coach.....

Not the same for Miami-- we've been stacking prima dona's like JW and JT and a bunch of tweeters who are more concerned about throwing up "Da U" on instagram, than practicing hard...

This has been the problem for 18 years--- we have Hurricane Wanna-Be's but very few true dogs who came to kill....

Manny isn't getting fired so why not get hyped for assistants getting canned? I mean let's face it as bad as the season was, the defense didn't play poorly and when they did it was a result of the offense failing to sustain drives...why can't I believe that by (AT LEAST) fixing the offense that we'll improve?

I'm not saying Manny is the answer but you can't just **** on him for not making changes and then **** on him for making them...

Here’s a great example of a sucker.

You just accept that Manny isnt getting fired. You just get bent over so easily, and get excites for the **** sandwich Blake and Manny feed you by firing some coaches.

Have some self respect and be a man for ***** sake.

It works the second time around if you make the right hire. The ones you cited didn’t. It’s all about the hire.

Advertisement
I agree with you.....

I remember how long it took for the defense to click after manny took over from D’no. Must’ve been like what... 4 minutes.

Even the right coaches get the wrong coaches work for them from time to time. It happens less, but it still happens.

My biggest concern, it was an issue when we hired Diaz and remains to this day, who is he going to replace them with. He doesn't have a big Rolodex, couldn't resist, to go through and hire from. That is always a tough thing with green coaches as coaching is more about who you know than it isn't.

Other factors, like a horrible first year will make hiring quality an uphill battle. He isn't going to knock it out of the park with an established coach everyone wants. He'll have to go the up and comer route who wants a challenge.

Advertisement
First of all Manny should have taken the temple job .I admit last Jan I didn't want him to leave.but now I realize a green hc can't cut his teeth(get experience o r learn hc duties) at a div 1 school like miami.this mess here has been going on a lot longer than Diaz has been here.we need a young butch Davis type of coach who can toughen up this team.

Here’s a great example of a sucker.

You just accept that Manny isnt getting fired. You just get bent over so easily, and get excites for the **** sandwich Blake and Manny feed you by firing some coaches.

Have some self respect and be a man for ***** sake.

You have a mental disability if you think he's getting fired Year 1. AGAIN Dumbf^ck, I didn't say he deserves to keep his job, but if you think anyone is firing him after Year 1 you don't know the Miami Adminstration.

you are a sucker.

At least it gives the fans hope
And at this point that’s the best we can get

A suckers logic:

“Manny hired a staff so bad that the BOT made him fire them all....I know, let’s let Manny pick a second staff!”

Advertisement
Back