If firing assistants gets you excited...

Advertisement
Firing a head coach as if the ceiling set by the head coach is not there no amount of assistants will make it higher.

true

but Diaz was never getting fired year one

So, he either makes a great hire like Orgeron
Or he gets fired Year two like Taggart.

/ this is a win win for us
you may be right as we will get stuck with this JV coach for a second year.

Advertisement
DING DING DING.

Dabo the same.

Its no different from when Randy fired Cokers guys or Al Randys guys etc etc. Its what happens often when the interim coach becomes HC.

But the sucker fans cant think that deeply.
Dabo isn't the same, he retained Napier and he hired kevin steele. I by no means are comparing manny to dabo, but dabo made two wrong hires

you are a sucker.

Randy fired his buddy and DC Walton after his first year. Nix after year two.

Coker fired the entire staff sans Randy after LSU.

Firing coaches is not a signal of a good coach. In fact when the coaches are all your guys you brought in, the need to fire them is a sign of desperation and incompetence. You dont get credit for cleaning up the **** you took on the carpet.

I'm not excited by a long shot.

Stubbs, Banda, Baker and Patke are still here.

I mean, I would love Mandy gone too, but that looks like that's NOT gonna happen.

Advertisement
Matt Canada was Ed's hire. It didn't work and he was fired mid season. We should have done the same.

Firing assistants doesn't make Manny a good coach but it's the right move. We literally just had two coaches that refused to make staff changes for the past nine years so we'll take what we can get.

I doubt anything will save Manny's career. I don't think he's a good HC but I also don't think ED O is a good HC. So if by a slim chance he nails the staff then that's his only shot. If it's me, I'm doing all I can to land Yost along with a good DC like Charlie Strong and I pray they can save my butt.

you are a sucker.

Firing coaches is not a signal of a good coach. In fact when the coaches are all your guys you brought in, the need to fire them is a sign of desperation and incompetence. You dont get credit for cleaning up the **** you took on the carpet.
Been saying this all along.

Manny hired a sHT crew to start which happens a lot with first time coaches because they don’t have the contacts or the respect of their peers yet who are willing to leave a secure job to join them.

Manny either was told to fire Enos or was smart enough to do it himself( or Enos bailed if you want to believe that scenario) but he needs to figure out what he’s going to do with the rest of this merry band of idiots he’s assembled.Problem is he’s in a worse situation now than he was when he was hired.Now those peers he was hoping to gain the respect of have seen him fail miserably and can see he’s walking on thin ice so they’re even less apt to leave any kind of security to join him.

Manny can fire the entire staff if he wants to.The problem is going to be can he lure a replacement that is better than each one of those guys he fires.

I doubt he can which puts us right back where we were last year when he was hiring these no coaching morons he’s got around him now.With an incompetent staff that have no clue how to fix the mess Manny and this regime created in the first place.

Advertisement
Manny hired a sHT crew to start which happens a lot with first time coaches because they don’t have the contacts or the respect of their peers yet who are willing to leave a secure job to join them.

Manny either was told to fire Enos or was smart enough to do it himself( or Enos bailed if you want to believe that scenario) but he needs to figure out what he’s going to do with the rest of this merry band of idiots he’s assembled.Problem is he’s in a worse situation now than he was when he was hired.Now those peers he was hoping to gain the respect of have seen him fail miserably and can see he’s walking on thin ice so they’re even less apt to leave any kind of security to join him.

Manny can fire the entire staff if he wants to.The problem is going to be can he lure a replacement that is better than each one of those guys he fires.

I doubt he can which puts us right back where we were last year when he was hiring these no coaching morons he’s got around him now.With an incompetent staff that have no clue how to fix the mess Manny and this regime created in the first place.
The key is making the right OC hire...a proven, seasoned OC, that has a track record of success....once that's done, that OC will be able to make the call of who he needs to make the offense work...the only one I would definitely keep is Fields...

Not a Manny fan, but at least he’s not a first class p*ssy like our last 2 coaches who were afraid to let underperforming coaches go. Golden might still be here if it were not for his unwavering allegiance to his ****** assistants.

The key is making the right OC hire...a proven, seasoned OC, that has a track record of success....once that's done, that OC will be able to make the call of who he needs to make the offense work...the only one I would definitely keep is Fields...

Manny’s biggest problem will be trying to Convince someone with those qualifications that he actually has a clue what he’s doing and that he won’t be canned at the end of the year because he doesn’t.I mean would you leave a secure job to go take on a major undertaking knowing that all your hard work might be for naught because the guy you’re working for got canned and chances are the new guy isn’t going to keep you on.

Therein lies the problem Manny I’ll have tying to replace all the guys he fires even though the OC and DC ( if he goes that route) will be his biggest chore

Advertisement
you are a sucker.

Enos been here 11 months this team been *** for 24+ months

you are a sucker.

Getting out in front of the "I told you so" crowd?

Advertisement
Back