If Canes win last 3, where do you stand?

If Canes win last 3, where do you stand?

• Excited for the future

Votes: 90 27.5%
  • Optimistic but cautiously

Votes: 169 51.7%
  • Apathetic

Votes: 57 17.4%
  • Angry no matter what the Canes do

Votes: 17 5.2%

• Total voters
If we win our final 3 I'd be optimistic but I'm fairly confident at this point that Mario ceiling is a NY6 bowl. He will not win a Natty here. He's not innovative or savvy enough to win it. I was hoping we would eventually be UGA n just out talent everybody but we don't have the resources to stack those classes.

Advertisement
Year 3 we better get double digits-

The playoff field expands to 12-

There’s no reason why we can’t be in the hunt-

If we don’t get in the field of 12 either next or the following-

The program is dead to me.

Apathy.

Our P5 wins - Texas A&M underachieved once again. Clemson is way down compared to last 8-10 years and a UVA team that stinks.

The GT loss was on the HC. Running for 3yds and a cloud of dust is not a winning formula and yet we want to be happy about possibly 8-4??? Lol..

This team has talent and more than enough playmakers to have won 10 regular season games.

On to 2024. Let’s see if the HC turns it around.

I think it’s more likely they lose all 3. It’s momentum. I hope they win Saturday and then I think there is a very good chance they finish 9-4.

Advertisement
We're currently in 10th place in the ******* ACC. We have yet to play 9-1 Louisville and 6-4 BC.

The only ACC teams we've beaten are 3-4 and 1-5 in conference play.

We'll be lucky if we get a patsy opponent in a bowl game and finish 7-6.

We're currently in 10th place in the ******* ACC. We have yet to play 9-1 Louisville and 6-4 BC.

The only ACC teams we've beaten are 3-4 and 1-5 in conference play.

We'll be lucky if we get a patsy opponent in a bowl game and finish 7-6.
giphy-16.gif

5-7 to 9-4 is definitive progress, no matter how much the women here would try to convince you otherwise.

Winning 9 in Year 2 isn't good enough, overall. But if you want to believe the program had to be torn completely to the studs and rebuilt from the first board, then going from 5 wins to 9 wins and being competitive in every game is certainly progress in that regard.

But then you better win 10 next year.
I agree with all of this, except the 9 wins in year 2 not being enough. We've only had 9 or more wins 3 times since 2006. We haven't had had 9 or more wins in 6 seasons. Getting a minimum of 9 wins over the next two seasons would show major progress, especially on raising the floor. I do think if we somehow pulled off 9-4 this year, then 10 must be the expectation for next year. However, we've been historically bad, so baby steps.

Advertisement
Winning the last 3 games would be massive for this program and IMO is doable even when considering our current roster circumstances. Last year’s team would be 3-7, 4-6 at best at this point against the current schedule with some major *** whoopings mixed in.

6-4 is not what we wanted but the reality is you lost a game due to a once in a generation mistake (tech), another to one of the worst, untimely QB performances I’ve ever seen (state), and another to your #4 ranked rival on the road with a true frosh making his 2nd, and not even consecutive start by a TD. Not making excuses but a mistake taken away here or there and you are 7-3, 8-2, or even 9-1. All with true freshman sprinkled in playing major roles and a bunch of other young bucks who are getting their first significant work this season.

Not caring is missing the bigger picture and quite frankly it’s the mentality of a loser. Many on here projected 9-4 as a realistic finish but somehow that just doesn’t matter now. Winning is good no matter how it gets done and losing sucks. Go Canes

I'm more concerned about the recruiting class than the final record. We weren't going to win the championship this year anyways, so if we get the same class at 8-5 that we would have at 10-3, its a mostly successful season.*

*will be a very successful season if FSU loses in the next couple games and gets knocked out of the playoff picture.

Winning the last 3 games would be massive for this program and IMO is doable even when considering our current roster circumstances. Last year’s team would be 3-7, 4-6 at best at this point against the current schedule with some major *** whoopings mixed in.

6-4 is not what we wanted but the reality is you lost a game due to a once in a generation mistake (tech), another to one of the worst, untimely QB performances I’ve ever seen (state), and another to your #4 ranked rival on the road with a true frosh making his 2nd, and not even consecutive start by a TD. Not making excuses but a mistake taken away here or there and you are 7-3, 8-2, or even 9-1. All with true freshman sprinkled in playing major roles and a bunch of other young bucks who are getting their first significant work this season.

Not caring is missing the bigger picture and quite frankly it’s the mentality of a loser. Many on here projected 9-4 as a realistic finish but somehow that just doesn’t matter now. Winning is good no matter how it gets done and losing sucks. Go Canes
Once in a generation???,

Mario has done it twice!!!!!

Yea twice!!!

Advertisement
As long as we get to listen to the dulcet tones of Joe Zagacki and Don Bailey, Jr. announce the Narcotrafficantes Human Trafficking Bowl from El Paso on Christmas Eve Night this year then I can die and go to Heaven.

Sponsored, of Course, by Coyotes everywhere and Trojan Condoms.

Oh, we're probably going to play Tulane.

If our resume is beating a good A&M team, Clemson, close loss on the road to #4 team, beat a top #10 team and win a bowl game for what the third time in 20 years? Yes we had a few bad losses but you have to be a bit optomistic compared to last year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back