I'd like to propose a new rule for this board

Advertisement
How good is the WR from columbus, Jesus wilson? I'm sure Coley is a lot better, just wondering.

That is a good mention. That kid made sick plays this year.

Yeah, but compared to needs/spots/other options, him not getting an offer/attention is understandable.

We're only talking 1 WR this year and it looks to be Coley or bust with the numbers we have on our roster already.

How good is the WR from columbus, Jesus wilson? I'm sure Coley is a lot better, just wondering.

Yeah, but compared to needs/spots/other options, him not getting an offer/attention is understandable.

We're only talking 1 WR this year and it looks to be Coley or bust with the numbers we have on our roster already.

Didnt we recently offer a wake Forrest commit from GA

Advertisement

Maybe. I doubted the lack of attention on wilson. Will be interesting to see how he develops. That kid made plays.

Maybe you can throw Eddie Jackson on that list? The kid that committed to Bama.

He seemed to get ignored all year long due to grades. Doesn't appear he was ever a priority.

But is the question whether we're striking out or whether we're missing out? Because if we're ignoring kids from so fla that alabama wants, then that's worthy of comment, IMO. At least when our so fla recruit list is thinner than usual.

Advertisement
From what I recall with the camps/reports etc. Wilson camped, staff didn't offer. Jackson came on late, we slow played that because by then we were pretty deep with Coley and by the timethe NCAA crap went down, he was already to commit when we had a few spots open up (hence the offer to the wake wr). Bosa was evaluated during his Jr. yr in the camp circuit and he NEVER showed any interest. We lost interest in Quay Bain. Again we had decided we wanted a JUCO and I think we felt pretty good about Bostwick/Bryant. Robinson committed pretty early in the process and we had our eggs in the Burns/Carter basket. But the staff has been working him pretty hard now that we want one more at that position. Honestly, I have no issues with the guys we have targeted, the guys we have gotten and the staffs willingness to wait till NSD for the local kids. What is great is I think the staff even has back up guys ready to take some spots if guys decide to burn us. (Brooks, Gus, Cunningham,) But who knows. Those guys may end up committing today.

If a kid is committing to Bama, it makes me raise an eyebrow that we didn't go after him. They're not WVU or FAU, which we know take kids who otherwise fail to qualify elsewhere.

If you come in here and parrot the "We only have 2 SoFla commits" crap, you're required to list the kids who have committed elsewhere who you think we obviously missed on.

This is a dumbass "shock" statistic getting repeated by people with an axe to grind. So before you spew it, start naming these ballers you think we missed out on. Right now, as far as I can see, the list is a whopping Rashard Robinson... who I love but might not have grades anyway (and might end up here anyway) . Everyone else is a debatable take at best.

Can we make a corollary to this a plan to draft WhatTheHell or a mod to write a counter-editorial (vs. that ill-informed Yahoo hit piece) on Deadspin once we land EVERYONE on Wednesday?

I guess Cunningham is another kid you could note, given that's he's pretty highly rated. But I'd take Coley over him without hesitation.

Advertisement
I guess Cunningham is another kid you could note, given that's he's pretty highly rated. But I'd take Coley over him without hesitation.

I was a big big fan of cunningham too, after his JR year. But give me Coley all day!!

Robinson -- LSU
Jackson -- Alabama
Bosa -- OSU
Wilson -- FSU
Bain -- LSU (but none of big 3 showed interest)
Kirkland -- ?
McCringleberry -- ?
Dookmarriott -- ?

Advertisement
Here is the problem...

Every single year, there are tons of players that end up proving their worth around the country. Miami-Dade/Broward/Palm Beach is so deep and talented every year, calling anyone a "debatable take" is a bit foolish...just because he's a 3* or 2* recruit? Have we not learned that SoFla is PACKED with talent every year...sometimes you just need to dig a little bit.

Do I understand looking for tight ends elsewhere around the country? Yes. Do I understand looking for OL talent elsewhere around the country? Yes. SoFla doesn't usually produce high end talent at this positions...but there are tons of SoFla players that end up being very good around the country and just because they don't get love from the sites...doesn't mean our staff shouldn't find'em.

I listed a team over 5 years in a zon3cane thread and the list of SoFla players was staggering...do you know how many players on the list would have been "debatable takes" at the time? At-least half.

Does anyone else get the feeling that during this hour segment the U has on ESPN on NSD, Al is simply going to get his **** out and plonk it on the table?

"Deeez nuts".

Folks *****ing about this - right now - don't deserve access to this board.

Jackson is a corner. Trade him for Burns? I wouldn't.

Cunningham or Wilson will matter if we miss on Coley. If we land him, it's wasted breath.

Ditto Bosa and Bain for Bryant and Bostwisck.

Fundamentally, it's a retarded point until after NSD.

Here is the problem...

Every single year, there are tons of players that end up proving their worth around the country. Miami-Dade/Broward/Palm Beach is so deep and talented every year, calling anyone a "debatable take" is a bit foolish...just because he's a 3* or 2* recruit? Have we not learned that SoFla is PACKED with talent every year...sometimes you just need to dig a little bit.

Do I understand looking for tight ends elsewhere around the country? Yes. Do I understand looking for OL talent elsewhere around the country? Yes. SoFla doesn't usually produce high end talent at this positions...but there are tons of SoFla players that end up being very good around the country and just because they don't get love from the sites...doesn't mean our staff shouldn't find'em.

I listed a team over 5 years in a zon3cane thread and the list of SoFla players was staggering...do you know how many players on the list would have been "debatable takes" at the time? At-least half.

Larry, you're pretty in-tune with recruiting. Are there some guys here in SoFla that you wish Miami would have looked at over their OOS counterparts? For example, is there a Standish Dobard down here?

Advertisement
Back