I'd like to propose a new rule for this board

TheSwagger1

Retired staff
Premium
If you come in here and parrot the "We only have 2 SoFla commits" crap, you're required to list the kids who have committed elsewhere who you think we obviously missed on.

This is a dumbass "shock" statistic getting repeated by people with an axe to grind. So before you spew it, start naming these ballers you think we missed out on. Right now, as far as I can see, the list is a whopping Rashard Robinson... who I love but might not have grades anyway (and might end up here anyway) . Everyone else is a debatable take at best.

Advertisement
Agreed. We got the big SoFla studs right now with Burns, Carter, hoping to add a couple more come NSD.

And they must post a ratio of fla kids to out of state kids in golden's first 2 classes. For a history lesson

What about this Maquedes (sp?) Bain kid who goes to school in Ft. Lauderdale Nova or something? I was looking at the ESPN 150 list and he's there. What was the story with him? Also, Joey Bosa, though that seems like a kid we have 0.00% chance for.

The key to this "2" stat really is how we close. The big local targets are still out there -- Grace, Coley, Collins, Thomas, and Kirkland. If we close with all 5, then we cleaned up in SoFla. If we get half of them, we did pretty good, but we didn't seal off the SoFla border. These next couple days will be telling.

Last edited:
Those rivals guys are ****ing me off with that ****, well of course were only gonna have 2 when like 90percent are waiting till the last second, I'd like to see them wed. When Al makes them look ridiculous, and don't get me started with Manny, he continues to insist that fsu "stole" John Franklin, Michael Johnson, and Jesus Wilson from us

Advertisement
What about this Maquedes (sp?) Bain kid who goes to school in Ft. Lauderdale Nova or something? I was looking at the ESPN 150 list and he's there. What was the story with him?

He didn't even play DL his senior season and it appeared that all 3 instate schools backed off heavily. Pretty telling with our DT situation that we said "no thanks".

What about this Maquedes (sp?) Bain kid who goes to school in Ft. Lauderdale Nova or something? I was looking at the ESPN 150 list and he's there. What was the story with him?

Supposed to be a dt. But only played oline in highschool. Not offered by any of the big 3 fwiw

Next.

Great point, I want kids that want to be hurricanes and the top talent from S.Fla. We have #1 Safety, 1 #CB committed and in play for #1 RB, #1 OLB,#2OLB ,#1 WR , 2 top DT's and #1 OL in S.Fla. Not sure what ppl are complaining about.

Advertisement
If you come in here and parrot the "We only have 2 SoFla commits" crap, you're required to list the kids who have committed elsewhere who you think we obviously missed on.

This is a dumbass "shock" statistic getting repeated by people with an axe to grind. So before you spew it, start naming these ballers you think we missed out on. Right now, as far as I can see, the list is a whopping Rashard Robinson... who I love but might not have grades anyway (and might end up here anyway) . Everyone else is a debatable take at best.

TheSwagGod has spoken.

Only one I can think of is Bosa. Not sure he had much interest in Miami

Bosa is a legitimate mention. But I have a feeling the South Florida Diva Squad members who keep parroting this stat aren't thinking about Bosa.

Advertisement
Bottom line, we've offered and pursued the top local talent. How effectively we close on that talent is up in the air.

He didn't even play DL his senior season and it appeared that all 3 instate schools backed off heavily. Pretty telling with our DT situation that we said "no thanks".

By all accounts, he desperately wanted in this class. He was recruited heavily early on and then pretty much once the H.S. season started, Miami backed off big time. Bad example.

Advertisement
No one is gonna post any examples cause the ones that use that statistic dont know **** about whats going on or the teams needs

Need to add to the "missed out on" part to include and who had actual interest in us. If a kid (Bosa) has no interest in going to Miami you can't technically say we "missed out on him."

How good is the WR from columbus, Jesus wilson? I'm sure Coley is a lot better, just wondering.

Advertisement
Back