Ice Harris

Ice puttin in work in da hood....Da U already benefitin

Maybe by signing day, but if not for Walton reclassing we would have what, 1 of the top 20 so fla kids in Cronk?

The benefit is going to be hard to perceive when Tmac/Gibson/Ridley/Becker/Phillips/Scarlett/Durante/Clarington/Jaquan/KMac
don't pick the U.

Ice can't recruit yet till he gets the degree he's missing, I don't really think '15 class Ice will have a impact on.

Which I guess raises my question, how is "da U already benefiting"

Advertisement
Ice puttin in work in da hood....Da U already benefitin

Maybe by signing day, but if not for Walton reclassing we would have what, 1 of the top 20 so fla kids in Cronk?

The benefit is going to be hard to perceive when Tmac/Gibson/Ridley/Becker/Phillips/Scarlett/Durante/Clarington/Jaquan/KMac
don't pick the U.

Ice can't recruit yet till he gets the degree he's missing, I don't really think '15 class Ice will have a impact on.

Which I guess raises my question, how is "da U already benefiting"

I guess with his current role strengths the bond with the community.

I want Ice Harris to coach for Miami. If Al messes up, can he get him fired? Then be a shoe-in for the job. His offense would be great for our team.

This is one of the most retarded things I have ever seen posted on this board, congratulations.

It shows that any broken fences have been mended. It takes away some ability to mouth off from some people. It shows that, regardless of any coaching weaknesses, Al has done much to fix relationships with HS coaches in the area -- at least those who are not bought and paid for buy others. Ice might help out with some kids, but I am not sure anything can be done about the Slave Traders of the world and the $$$$ being paid by many programs to kids.

I do think Ice could bring something to the field as an assistant, so I hope he gets his degree. He is fresh from teaching HS kids how to play football. I think our staff has glowing weaknesses in the teaching area; Ice might help that. Teaching anything is its own skill and it is not an easy one.

i wonder how long he has to finish. i thought i remember him saying he only had like 1 semester or something like that. it wasnt much.

Advertisement
We didn't see much of a benefit last time he was on staff. I don't expect anything to change. Maybe when he gets his degree and is sent out to get his hands dirty we can see some improvement, but I doubt much changes until then.

Not saying he should be HC because the administrative aspects of high school and college are so different, but who on our staff is a better coach or teacher of football? Honestly. Who else has accomplished as a coach what he's accomplished?

I want Ice Harris to coach for Miami. If Al messes up, can he get him fired? Then be a shoe-in for the job. His offense would be great for our team.

This is one of the most retarded things I have ever seen posted on this board, congratulations.

Advertisement
Not saying he should be HC because the administrative aspects of high school and college are so different, but who on our staff is a better coach or teacher of football? Honestly. Who else has accomplished as a coach what he's accomplished?

Kehoe's accomplishments as a coach at a higher level would have him beat.

He's kinda like Marques Gayot for me. I wasn't quite sure what I thought about Gayot, was/is he a Miami player? Idk. But, then, I knew for **** sure I didn't want him balling out at Louisville after we passed. That's how I think about Ice until the tangible evidence of his impact is seen. I have no clue what kind of impact he's having but I know I don't want him at Arkansas or FSU coming down here.

Well said and couldn't agree more.

niner2107 I see why you say that and I do love Art as a Cane. For the sake of discussion, do you see Art as a great teacher of football and coach?

Newsflash ICE hasn't taught any college players ****, so before you compare his accomplishments to that of a man with 5 NC rings(4 for coaching and 1 for playing) step away from the keyboard and think for a second, I know that is hard for some to do around here.

Just like another poster said, the only reason I want to keep ICE on staff is so he doesn't go to another program and funnel the best south FL talent to them.

He didn't do **** for us on Randy's staff and won't be able to do anything for Golden until he has his degree.

And then it is still to be determined, just how good of a college position coach he may become.

Not gonna lie, I still got a bad taste in my mouth about ICE form the shenanigans he pulled with the Kirkland fiasco, and honestly if he wasn't going to get scooped up by some $EC team or F$U to be a tool to recruit against us, I would not want him on this staff.

We literally awarded him for bad mouthing our program to anyone who would listen in the south FL community, even going as far as going on the f#@king radio.

**** ICE, but I don't want him at another program, so just gonna have to deal with it.

Advertisement
He's benefitting the program the same way he was the last time he was stealing a paycheck with a bull**** job title.

Going by what great players have said of him, yes.

niner2107 I see why you say that and I do love Art as a Cane. For the sake of discussion, do you see Art as a great teacher of football and coach?

Advertisement
Once he earns his BA and can join the staff as an assistant on the road recruiting. In his position now (Hurlie Brown's old one) he can only interact with recruits on campus visits and at the Al Golden camps or community out reach events like the Deserve Victory Camps.

FYI: each school can only designate a certain amount of "on the road" recruiters. To put ice on the road, they will have to take a position coach off the road permanently.

Advertisement
Back