Ice Harris

Fly1

Covert Bag Man
I know it's early on in the 2015 recruiting process still, but when will we start to reap the benefits of having Harris on staff.

Yes...I know we need to win more, but does anybody have any insights to the impact Ice has brought to the table/will bring to the table?

Advertisement
when you see a BTW player commit to us, ppl will make a connection. The truth is he's a liaison b/w the UM coaching staff & the high school coaches. His impact will show indirectly by an increased success rate of recruiting top tier talent in south Florida

Once he earns his BA and can join the staff as an assistant on the road recruiting. In his position now (Hurlie Brown's old one) he can only interact with recruits on campus visits and at the Al Golden camps or community out reach events like the Deserve Victory Camps.

Advertisement
He's kinda like Marques Gayot for me. I wasn't quite sure what I thought about Gayot, was/is he a Miami player? Idk. But, then, I knew for **** sure I didn't want him balling out at Louisville after we passed. That's how I think about Ice until the tangible evidence of his impact is seen. I have no clue what kind of impact he's having but I know I don't want him at Arkansas or FSU coming down here.

I think Ice is responsible for the camps thats been going on lately. I think Walton will be a lock because we have Ice.

I want Ice Harris to coach for Miami. If Al messes up, can he get him fired? Then be a shoe-in for the job. His offense would be great for our team.

Advertisement
HS to college has been done before with Malzhan. If that did happen we would get back to old school Miami football hella quick.

I really want AL to succeed. the man has put in major work here. trying to compete with facilities with a poor mans budget. Ice needs to be a coach a recruiter so he can get us some great prospects.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Ice puttin in work in da hood....Da U already benefitin

Maybe by signing day, but if not for Walton reclassing we would have what, 1 of the top 20 so fla kids in Cronk?

The benefit is going to be hard to perceive when Tmac/Gibson/Ridley/Becker/Phillips/Scarlett/Durante/Clarington/Jaquan/KMac
don't pick the U.

Ice puttin in work in da hood....Da U already benefitin

Maybe by signing day, but if not for Walton reclassing we would have what, 1 of the top 20 so fla kids in Cronk?

The benefit is going to be hard to perceive when Tmac/Gibson/Ridley/Becker/Phillips/Scarlett/Durante/Clarington/Jaquan/KMac
don't pick the U.

Ice can't recruit yet till he gets the degree he's missing, I don't really think '15 class Ice will have a impact on.

HS to college has been done before with Malzhan. If that did happen we would get back to old school Miami football hella quick.

Malzahn spent 6 years as an assistant coach/coordinator at Arkansas, Tulsa, and Auburn and spent a year as head coach Arky St before taking over Auburn. Plus he was a head coach at the high school level for 13-14 years.

Gerry Faust, coach of a Notre Dame before Lou Holtz, came straight from Archbishop Moeller HS. At the time Moeller was the best high school football program in the country. He did not do well at ND.

About 5-6 years ago North Texas hired the head coach of Southlake Carroll HS, which at the time was unstoppable in Texas. Him and his spread option offense couldn't muster crap in the SunBelt Conference.

Don't get me wrong, I want Ice to succeed, but to say he is ready to jump to being the head coach of a major D1 program is asking a bit much. It's no knock on Ice, it's just an experience thing.

Advertisement
Back