Ice Harris

Advertisement
I'll forgive Ice his one shot at revenge, but will not by the bull that it wasn't revenge. Fire me and I'll take a shot at your head too. Now it appears to be over and maybe he can help. He didn't help much last time but not sure it was his fault. I would like him on the field coaching. Might put a little fire up everyones' rear. BUT we have no clue if he can coach at this level. However, what can he hurt. Not like we have this finely tuned coaching machine out there.

Ice is shady to me... Cant pinpoint why but i dont think he cares all that much about helping us

I told y'all he secretly wants Al Golden's job.....

I'm sure he secretly wants Saban's and Jimbo's too but it ain't happening.

Who doesn't? That was a pointless post.
He's DRIVEN....He wants to prove he can succeed on this Level that's all...... It's funny when a BLACK man is striving for success it is perceived as a negative by the masses.

Ice is shady to me... Cant pinpoint why but i dont think he cares all that much about helping us

He's DRIVEN....He wants to prove he can succeed on this Level that's all...... It's funny when a BLACK man is striving for success it is perceived as a negative by the masses.

Why do you have to go the racism route? How about you change the sentence to read "It's funny when a Black man who has had a checkered past with the University of Miami and hasn't exactly steered his more prized athletes UM's way is striving for success and it's subsequently viewed with a skeptical eye by Hurricane fans"

Then at least the sentence is somewhat factual. Give me a friggin break dude

I don't understand when people say ICE didn't help last time. Wasn't he in the same position? When we signed the #1 recruiting class though alot of flops it was still #1 at the time. We had alot of s Fla studs still here. Correct if I'm wrong.

Advertisement

Why do you have to go the racism route? How about you change the sentence to read "It's funny when a Black man who has had a checkered past with the University of Miami and hasn't exactly steered his more prized athletes UM's way is striving for success and it's subsequently viewed with a skeptical eye by Hurricane fans"

Only checked past or ? About Ice and the U was when Golden dropped the ball on the Kirkland Recruitment ICE loves the U but he can't force every player here A HighSchool coach is supposed to give his players the BEST info on schools where He thinks they would succeed and reach their goals

...''... It's funny when a BLACK man is striving for success it is perceived as a negative by the masses.[''

GTFOOH with that BS, we don't care if he's purple as long as he brings Miami back. I can't wait for Ice to become a coach at Miami, I think he can help the team in every way.

Last edited:

...''... It's funny when a BLACK man is striving for success it is perceived as a negative by the masses.[''

GTFOOH with that BS, we don't care if he's purple as long as he brings Miami back. I can't wait for Ice to become a coach at Miami, I think he can help the team in every way.
Speaking on the group who's constantly saying he's trying to sabatoge the U from the inside

Speaking on the group who's constantly saying he's trying to sabatoge the U from the inside

Say whatever you want dude...it's a matter of opinion. I've never trusted that dude and this little second stint at UM is simply an intersection of a mercenary trying to better himself and move up the coaching tree and a current coach who is getting desperate and trying to pull out all the stops to save his job. I have zero problem with Ice wanting to better himself by the way except for the fact it's happening at UM. The guy wants to be a college coach...good for him.

That doesn't mean we have to believe his intentions are actually legit. I'm pretty good friends with someone who was on his staff in the past...and let's just say if you heard half the things I've heard you'd know Ice doesn't exactly bleed orange and green.

To each their own...but it has nothing to do with racism. I could care less if Miami's head coach was red, black, green, or had spotted yellow polka dots.

And for the record....I don't even need to say it but I'm one of the bigger AL Golden skeptics on this board...so it's not like I'm supporting the "white guy" either.

Advertisement

Only checked past or ? About Ice and the U was when Golden dropped the ball on the Kirkland Recruitment ICE loves the U but he can't force every player here A HighSchool coach is supposed to give his players the BEST info on schools where He thinks they would succeed and reach their goals

What is so hard to accept by some people. Ice had an axe to grind(for me a justified one) and he swung it when he got the chance. Fairly sure it was Barrow who pulled the little punk's free ride when Coley dropped the dime about kid being secret commit to FSU TOO. Donna stuck her nose in it and kid ****ed all over her face. Al refused to go to the meeting. Donna look like fool. Ice took his shot. Al acted like stand up guy and took the shot. Him and Ice are at peace but dudes like you just can't accept that and keep stirring the pot. Also, for all you who think Ice pushed the kids away that year, there really isn't any indications of that either. The idiots here are fans who will not let loose of this, Selio, and Luke. Let's hope Ice can help out, but to those who think just because he is black all will be fine are not paying attention to the coaches who keep winning NCs. That said, sure hope Ice and bring some swag.

I don't understand when people say ICE didn't help last time. Wasn't he in the same position? When we signed the #1 recruiting class though alot of flops it was still #1 at the time. We had alot of s Fla studs still here. Correct if I'm wrong.

Well you are wrong.

Ice joined the staff the year after in which we had probably 2 of our worst recruiting classes(which most of the players especially on defense never made it or were kicked off the team) since I can remember.

This^^^ is a huge reason why our depth, especially on defense has been so bad the last 2 seasons, yet everyone wants to blindly blame Golden and Donofrio.

A lot of people(the Golden haters or blind Randy supporters) conveniently forget this, and the fact he has had to deal with the longest NCAA investigation in history in where over 100 news outlets had the phrase "death penalty" in their headlines about us.

And since it was the longest NCAA investigation, there was about 2 and a half years where we could not tell recruits what the future of our program was.

Now if you are a top recruit with offers from everyone and planning for the next 3-5 years of your life, would you really consider a team that has not been so great the last 10 years and is being investigated by the NCAA and the phrase "death penalty" is getting thrown around not only by the news, but by apposing coaches trying to land you, "mentors" and high school coaches with their hands out for these apposing coaches, and you ask UM coaches what might happen, and for 2 years we had no clue what the NCAA might do and had to be honest and say "we don't know".

Would you not say, hey I'm from south FL and grew up liking UM and all, but this is a business decision and I just don't know what's going to happen at UM, so I'm going to UF or F$U b/c I still want to stay in FL, or Bama b/c they have been great and put a lot of guys in the league.

Then there are some elite recruits that get offered extra incentive$ to choose a school, we cant compete for a recruit who is looking for that, and there are a lot more than you would think.

Any of you who have thought that Golden is on an even playing field with our apposition when it comes to recruiting just doesn't know too much about recruiting and college football.

Back to our depth problems on defense that are a main result of the 2009 and 2010 recruiting classes(the 2 classes ICE was on staff for)

Trust me, I get frustrated at some of the schemes he runs too, but Donofrio has not had the horses to compete with solid teams with correct depth.

We are finally getting to where we want to be depth wise everywhere except DT, need to work on that.

There seems to be a light at the end of the tunnel, but we are gonna need some of these top south FL kids staying home and taking pride in and repping their city the right way(not throwing up 305 gang signs in Tallahassee lol) to reach it.

Advertisement
Back