I would not want to be a ND fan walking out of...

If you’re a ND fan, this isn’t the game to bring the wife/kids/gf. It will be ugly the 5 hours in the parking lot, it will be ugly during the game and if the canes win will be nasty and ugly walking out.

A buddy of mine said his friend and dad are going (both ND fans). The Dad claims he is going to wear his Catholics vs. Convicts t shirt. I kind of laughed and smiled saying well he has a 50/50 chance he makes it to his seat doing something that dumb. I can understand supporting your team but purposely being antagonistic because you think it's cute. Not smart at an away game if you ask me, particularly a Miami away game.

He's gonna walk out like

giphy.gif

Advertisement
Haha we aren’t upset about the “convicts” slogan. It isn’t true, but nothing we’re gonna do or the team is gonna do to change anyone’s mind.

Again, you guys can be all cordial and share a beer tailgating or in the stands with some Nd fans. Not me.

Ask a ND fan to join your tailgate, they'll go back to their boards and say they were almost mugged. Might as well mug them and make it a true story.

Haha we aren’t upset about the “convicts” slogan. It isn’t true, but nothing we’re gonna do or the team is gonna do to change anyone’s mind.

Again, you guys can be all cordial and share a beer tailgating or in the stands with some Nd fans. Not me.

Soooo, if you are not upset about the convicts slogan, why are people gonna rip the dudes shirt off and beat the snot out him? Just trying to get an understanding here.

Advertisement
We don’t mind the convicts slogan. It’s us vs the world and why most of us are canes fans. Hopefully our team uses It as disrespect.
I could see some drunk inner city dudes take offense to the shirt. Do i actually think it’ll be ripped off? No. Harassed before and after the game, yep.

wooohooo -- pride in being ignorant --- super awesome!!!!

let me add.. Ive been arrested for fighting at the orange bowl -- so not only am I being a hippocrite but actually have some solid advice

Dont fight at game and get arrested -- the process FUC K ING sucks!

8 hours of court sponsored "Anger Management" Classes

Guess when they were? 9am-2pm on Saturdays

Guess who missed most of the tailgates the following year and 2 hours of 2 games? -- yep

100% not worth it

Neither was the night in jail

Dont fight unless its absolutely necessary

A dude wearing a shirt is not a good reason

let me add.. Ive been arrested for fighting at the orange bowl -- so not only am I being a hippocrite but actually have some solid advice

Guess who missed most of the tailgates the following year and 2 hours of 2 games? -- yep

100% not worth it

Clap+0.0.0.gif

Advertisement
If you’re a ND fan, this isn’t the game to bring the wife/kids/gf. It will be ugly the 5 hours in the parking lot, it will be ugly during the game and if the canes win will be nasty and ugly walking out.

A buddy of mine said his friend and dad are going (both ND fans). The Dad claims he is going to wear his Catholics vs. Convicts t shirt. I kind of laughed and smiled saying well he has a 50/50 chance he makes it to his seat doing something that dumb. I can understand supporting your team but purposely being antagonistic because you think it's cute. Not smart at an away game if you ask me, particularly a Miami away game.

Why fans upset about the whole "convicts" slogan when you acting all hard like you going to kill someone for wearing a shirt? Wouldn't that name fit then? Please advise.

I in no way said I was going to do anything. Honestly the guy can wear whatever he wants, but it shouldn't be surprising that he will get some really heated looks or responses and depending on his response to the situation and people's level of alcohol, well use your imagination. I do find the convicts slogan to be offensive as it is a covert way of saying the N-word or Black. Especially coming from fans of the team from Indiana where the KKK is known to have strong roots. If you don't believe that's how a lot of the originated and is still seen that way by a lot of people that remember the 80's game then I don't know what to tell you.

I also find it slightly hypocritical that ND's recent program issues and arrests are seen as non issues. Not surprising, but hypocritical. Not trying to change anyone's mind and I do believe it will be a great game. With that GO CANES! BEAT ND!

Best Fight I saw was in the OB. Guy sitting right in front of me at the 2003 WVU game is wearing an ohio state jersey. He is on the aisle and getting a ton of ****. This guy walks up to him and goes take off the jersey. He refuses and then the canes fan clocks him right in the face. Fight breaks out with his buddies trying to break it up, but didn't go well for the OSU fan. As for the guy who clocked him in the face, he went out bought another ticket and came right back in. Classic OB.

how much did that ticket cost u to get back in?

100% not worth it

But was it a notre dame fan?

Advertisement

Why fans upset about the whole "convicts" slogan when you acting all hard like you going to kill someone for wearing a shirt? Wouldn't that name fit then? Please advise.

I in no way said I was going to do anything. Honestly the guy can wear whatever he wants, but it shouldn't be surprising that he will get some really heated looks or responses and depending on his response to the situation and people's level of alcohol, well use your imagination. I do find the convicts slogan to be offensive as it is a covert way of saying the N-word or Black. Especially coming from fans of the team from Indiana where the KKK is known to have strong roots. If you don't believe that's how a lot of the originated and is still seen that way by a lot of people that remember the 80's game then I don't know what to tell you.

I also find it slightly hypocritical that ND's recent program issues and arrests are seen as non issues. Not surprising, but hypocritical. Not trying to change anyone's mind and I do believe it will be a great game. With that GO CANES! BEAT ND!

You gotta keep in mind, the Klan hates Catholics too. If anyone is interested in reading, this is actually a good article about the time the Klan tried to hold a rally in South Bend and the students beat the **** out of them.

the players aren't convicts, we are.

L
O
L

Agree with 5X, but no reason for any ND fans who are just there to watch the game meet physical harm. Anyone who does not understand the jungle they are in, better learn fast. We could quit football and take up debate and still be stuck with this bad wrap. This team is going to embrace it, I hope they stand at mid field and challenge the Irish to fight.

Advertisement

100% not worth it

Come on now? It ******* sucks? Really? Is one experience a truly large enough sample size to form that strong of an opinion? You should at least give it another chance. You never know. You might like it this time.

OK let me be clear. I hate ND and their holy school point of view. They stole a national championship from us on a BS call. Their fans on message boards are A-holes.

But, I took my son to Chicago to see the "neutral site" game there a few years back [they went to the NC game and lost]. Sat in a section that was all ND season holders. They were soooooo nice it was difficult for me. When our Fr WR dropped a sure TD, they all said stuff like, "did you see that route and speed? NFLer for sure when he gets a few games of experience." At half when it was still a game, they said stuff like, "Boy your team looks like it has ballers everywhere!" "When Miami gets another class like this they will be in the NC mix." They invited us out to drink and dine after the game and all gave us business cards to call when we were ever in the area. In other words, the people who were there in ND gear were just like us. They loved their team and understood the game. The punks on the message boards were no where to be found. I still hate the ND football team and want to rip out their hearts Saturday. But, if I run into a ND fan in their gear, I might joke with them and offer them a convict beer. But, I do not hate a fan who spends $3000 to follow their team to an important game......OK if you want to kill me, blast away.

Goose v. Gander applies here.

Advertisement
Back