I will never understand why the Dolphins rarely go after former Canes whether in the draft or free agency

Advertisement
Goes back a ways too. JJ drafted Daryl Gardner when Ray Lewis was sitting there. Yatil just couldn’t stay healthy.
In fairness, he ended up drafting Zach Thomas in that same draft so he got his DT and MLB.

Advertisement
Dolphins are a **** organization from the top down.

As hard as it is to win a Super Bowl in the NFL it's probably exponentially harder to go 17 seasons with a transcendent talent at QB and only make it to 1 title game.
Worst def coord ever. I think worse than NoD

I was a kid that used to only visit South Florida intermittently during his reign of terror. The hatred for the dude was palpable as soon as you talked Dolphins with anyone though. Jesu Christo, even in Pittsburgh people would lament the fact that the guy was killing the prime years of Danny Marino's career.

As hard as it is to win a Super Bowl in the NFL it's probably exponentially harder to go 17 seasons with a transcendent talent at QB and only make it to 1 title game.

I was a kid that used to only visit South Florida intermittently during his reign of terror. The hatred for the dude was palpable as soon as you talked Dolphins with anyone though. Jesu Christo, even in Pittsburgh people would lament the fact that the guy was killing the prime years of Danny Marino's career.

As Count Floyd would say, "Very Very, Scary!!!"

The Dolphins have the worst front office in the history of sports. They earned that a long time ago. Remember Dan Marino? They could never find him a running back or a defense at the same time.

I wasted most of my lifetime watching them play, and transferred that curse to my kids making them Fin fans before they could decide on their own. Finally had enough 4 years ago. Don't watch the NFL, college is a much better product across the board.

The Dolphins have the worst front office in the history of sports. They earned that a long time ago. Remember Dan Marino? They could never find him a running back or a defense at the same time.

I wasted most of my lifetime watching them play, and transferred that curse to my kids making them Fin fans before they could decide on their own. Finally had enough 4 years ago. Don't watch the NFL, college is a much better product across the board.
I gave up on the Fins a long time ago... and for the most part for the same reason as the OP and you bring up. In about the mid 80's I realized that college football was much more interesting and the fan base was much more loyal than the pros and for sure the Dolfans. Having season tickets for 21 years in the OB helped solidify that. To me first and foremost, and second to no other school or team, I'm a Cane.
There's a lot of things that the Fins organization have done that ****ed me off, but the most egregious is the Gator Championship celebration in Joe Robbie stadium some years back... just totally a fvcked up idea. Just solidified the fact that the Rock isn't our real home... we just play there.

Advertisement
At least the Bucs had Warren Sapp and Vinny Testaverde.

Craig Erickson, Winston Moss, Lamar Thomas, and Horace Copeland played there too. Copeland was about to bust out before he ruptured a knee bad. Not anyone of note in recent years. Like another poster said, I wanted Njoku but Howard is going to be a special player.

Oh...and don’t forget CIS HOF Dan Sielo.

Why would you wish that on our beloved Canes? It's for their benefit to keep them away from the Dolphins. I grew up a Dolphins fan but now I rarely waste a Sunday watching the garbage they put on the field. Bill Parcells gave the organization CancerAids. There is no getting better.

Even when the Fins made the playoffs for the first time in forever in 2008, it was only because Tom Brady's leg fell off. A couple years ago they were honestly the worst playoff team I can remember. Gase doesn't stand a chance with the idiots in the front office. There is not a single area of the team that is top 15 in anything. Qb? Nope. Rb? No Ajayi. TE? Fasano? WR? Underachievers. OL? Jesus wept. Kicker? Hey here's a good one ! Oh wait we didn't resign him. Defense? I'm not even going to dignify it by going position by position. Defense is a desolate landscape of pure, depressing sadness.

And the hilarious thing with Dan is, he fell into the Dolphins lap. I'll believe till the day I die it was the Dolphins were really put the rumors out about the drugs.

Advertisement
It's a clown franchise and it's not showing any signs that is changing any time soon.
Whatever the dolphins do...you can can count on it being the wrong choice.

The last two Canes we drafted were very good players and excellent value. Why aren't we getting the Sam Shields and Adrian Colberts of the world?

Advertisement
When you consider the rules regarding pre-draft visits ("local visits" do not count against the limit of 30 pre-draft visits) and how advantageous they are to Miami, it's pretty incredible how much the Dolphins suck at this.

Players who attend college or reside in a club’s “metropolitan area” can be given a physical examination without counting against the 30-player limit, unless the club provides transportation for the visit. Also, a player who attends college or whose hometown is in a club’s “metropolitan area” may be timed and tested at the club’s facility, as long as the club does not provide transportation. “Metropolitan area” is defined as contiguous suburbs.

So any player who goes to UM or is from Miami that can afford an Uber ride to the stadium can be interviewed, physically examined, timed, and tested by the Dolphins at our facilities without counting towards the yearly limit of 30, and we still miss these guys routinely. The Dolphins are Masters of Suck.

And the hilarious thing with Dan is, he fell into the Dolphins lap. I'll believe till the day I die it was the Dolphins were really put the rumors out about the drugs.

Yeah I could swear I heard a story on a sports show about somebody confirming that once, too bad they didn't keep it up since it was their only finesse move over most of his career.

Advertisement
Back