I was wrong about Tom Herman.

Advertisement
Well they’re of the firm belief they are the football elite, like they were in the 40s and 50s and 60s, so eventually it won’t be good enough.

You can’t continue to win 10 - 11 games a year, making the playoffs every once in a while, but then getting totally clocked every time - the fanbase and boosters delusions will take over, and they will start to get tired of not doing anything when it comes to the big games.
I don’t disagree. Kelly is Mark Richt, but also happens to be an a-hole. I’ve thought Meyer might take a run at that job one day. He almost did when he left Utah, but wisely chose UF instead. No doubt in my mind if Meyer wants the job his reps are making confidential phone calls if Kelly is on a hot seat.

Better hope Texas recovers and wins this year

Texas is prob a job Lashlee would go for and they might go for him

Advertisement
I live in Texas, so I'll just comment on what I know. The University of Texas is basically trying to become respected for academics, and that is their #1 focus. They're basically UCLA. The admin at that school knows what kind of shady **** goes on in the recruiting world, and they want no part of it.

And they've pretty much succeeded. They're probably a better school than UCLA academically, and much better than any SEC school.

SEC pays players, straight up. They play dirty. Texas did at one time, but they want no part of that game today. Their focus has just changed.

If Texas WANTED to become a football powerhouse, they could. Easily. They have more money than any football school in America, and more access to local talent. Yes, we have as much or more talent in South Florida, but the difference is Texas could be landing every single player in the Southwest if they wanted to. They could build a program like Alabama.... getting the #1 class every year... only do it better.

But that's not what they're interested in. All they want to do is become a tech hub, poach companies from New York and California, and make Austin a premiere destination for high tech companies to go to. They're not really heart and soul in to football like the SEC is anymore.

They basically just tolerate football anymore as long as it stays clean and doesn't embarrass the university.

Last edited:
I thought he would be the answer there and he just lost to the worst OU team in some time.

There aren't many top dogs and not only do fans get it wrong but plenty of AD do as well.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back