I tried telling y'all that Manny is that coach

Advertisement
..You can be. But what’s that have to do with everyone bringing up past failures as a reason not to be excited about this team or being 2-0?
You seem confused. This thread was started by someone crowning Manny a bit early, not by someone saying they were not excited about the season. I only see people basically saying to not crown Manny so soon.

He fixed the three major issues with the team from last year: K, QB, and most important, OC. He couldn’t do much on the offensive side of the ball, once he figured out Enos wasn’t going to work out, and Baxa got the yips. He can always take over the defense. I don’t see a team on the schedule, besides Clemson, they can’t or shouldn’t beat.

This week will be interesting. FSU does not look good. Maybe the rivalry factor will kick in, and they play lights out, but I think the DL will play a big part in this one. I don’t think FSU has the offensive weapons Louisville has. They could have just overlooked GT and mailed it in, but compared to last year, Miami has made major improvements and they’ve gone backward.
Defense was an issue last year when we played offenses with a pulse. You gotta look behind the stats to see the issues last year with the D. The alignment on 4th and 15 last year was telling, along with all those unsuccessful delayed blitzed coming from West Palm.

Game 2 of year 2. It's early yet but I sincerely hope Manny can get it done and stop the turnstile of JAG HC's

You seem confused. This thread was started by someone crowning Manny a bit early, not by someone saying they were not excited about the season. I only see people basically saying to not crown Manny so soon.

How am I confused? Have you read through this thread? People are bringing up the past as a reason to not be excited about Manny and this team. They aren’t bringing up things from this season...

Advertisement
How am I confused? Have you read through this thread? People are bringing up the past as a reason to not be excited about Manny and this team. They aren’t bringing up things from this season...
They are bringing up the past to show it’s too early to crown Manny. He’s just over .500. They never said they were not excited. They have an opposite view of the point of the thread... Crowning Manny so early in the season.

What with this fan base anointing players and coaches early? And the endless “he needs a raise” or “he needs a promotion”...

Can we be successful first? Jesus we barely beat two *** teams...
I don’t know but it’s maddening to me. Lashlee is two games removed from being the oc at smu, and he seriously only had one good year there. Now he’s going to be a hc next year supposedly.

Will he be able to cut off his friends? Baker has to go. Make a real hire and DO NOT PROMOTE BANDA.
A lot of this comes down to budget. If UM gives Manny the green light to spend as needed on the defensive side then I am confident you’ll see changes. But the money had to be there.
And truly, this is not the season in which UM will make any money. No ticket sales means less money to make changes.
‘Nothing happens in a vacuum

Advertisement
Keeping Lashlee for three or four years will be a long shot. Because as long as Miami continues to have success on offense the rest of the season and brings it next season too, he'll be a Head Coach at some school. Bloody GUARANTEE IT!

Also, Miami athletics DOESN'T have the " cash flow situation " as the vast majority of Power 5 programs across the country. Ouch. So that will be a negotiating problem for both Diaz and the AD.
Enos was reported to get 1 mil from bama, you know he didn't come here for less. So odds are Lashlee came for at least what Enos was getting.

Miami may not have the same cash flow, but I think they would pay up to keep him for a couple of more years. A long shot for sure, because he'll be a HC next.

Baker is gone after this season. Also our backside contain is atrocious. If this doesn't change and fast we are looking at 2 or 3 losses

Manny's ability to address program needs quickly, effectively, and without bias is unmatched. In his second year as a head coach, El Jefe is showing you why he is the real deal.

I tried telling you last year!
We’ll see. He’s done well thus far in addressing issues quickly. He couldn’t have known Enos would be a bust. Let’s see what he does with his “protégée” Baker. Does he let personal get in the way of business or does he take care of business. Rumph and Pakte too.

What with this fan base anointing players and coaches early? And the endless “he needs a raise” or “he needs a promotion”...

Can we be successful first? Jesus we barely beat two *** teams...
100% agree, said it earlier we can beat any team on schedule( except Clemson, Tigers are a playoff team)
and we can lose to anybody as well. show up and play for 60 minutes and keep the pedal to the metal

Advertisement
1600651180702.png

Advertisement
I'm calling it now. Diaz let's Baker walk and elevates Banda to DC to retain him. We fire Rumph and then we go out and hire a S coach and elevate DVD to CB coach.

No MOAR 1st time coaches, this **** has to stop

Banda to DC
DVD to CB coach

It seems right out of the frugal miami playbook. Banda is either getting a promotion or a big raise if we plan to retain him. I'd much rather keep him than Baker. Not necessarily as DC but i don't think there is some massive XP gap between baker and banda either. It's still Manny's D at the end of the day.

Every defensive coach is FUQIN" replaceable especially Banda

I am sure he will address the defense. Next week is a big test for Baker. Manny could always take over the defense for Clemson.
How do you know this? And i'm not sure what yo mean by "take over" but the problems go much deeper than simply calling plays.

Advertisement
Back