I tried telling y'all that Manny is that coach

Manny called. Field goal attempt from 57 Yards!
that is extremely aggressive coaching.
kind of like going for it on 4th down from the 35 yard line against UAB. Manny will take some chances, like his defense, but he is aggressive. UM hasn‘t had that mentality since Erickson. Not even Butch would have tried that 4th down or field goal.

Advertisement
Lol at the revisionist history. “We were saying the same thing this time last season”. Uh this time last season, dozens of posters were calling for Manny’s job so no, not quite the same thing..

Manny's ability to address program needs quickly, effectively, and without bias is unmatched. In his second year as a head coach, El Jefe is showing you why he is the real deal.

I tried telling you last year!

When is he going to address Mike Rumph? That’s going on 5 years now...

@Andrew It's too early for this proclamation. I was very optimistic when he was hired until reality hit last season.
Agreed. Andrew pulled his trigger too soon. He’s been sitting on this for a while. Let him enjoy it. We’ll see how season goes for Diaz in October and November. Hopefully, Andrew is right about Diaz.

Advertisement
Let’s pump the breaks. We beat Louisville last year too. And felt the offense was maybe finally figuring things out. We all know what happened after that.

We tend to do this after any decent win. Let’s just beat the p*ss out of FSU and see what happens.
I agree. While I love the win, I am tempering expectations. I will be sold on Manny in late Nov.

Manny's ability to address program needs quickly, effectively, and without bias is unmatched. In his second year as a head coach, El Jefe is showing you why he is the real deal.

of course I hope you're right ... but I'll suspend kudo's until Seasons end.

The defensive coaching staff still requires almost a complete purge. If he does that and stops clearly playing favorites on that side of the ball....then he'll have completely won me over.

Let's see how this season goes and then what he does about Rumph and Baker before we crown him. Like I've said from day 1, I'm rooting for the guy but there are still some tough decisions that MUST be made and some results that MUST be attained.

I have no aspirations of beating Clemson. We don't need to beat Clemson for this season to be a success. However, anything less than a double digit win season and I'm sorry but all this newfound goodwill will evaporate in a second. We need to parlay that mythical 10 win season into a top 5 recruiting class to make up for the recruiting misses this staff has had the last 2 years.
You need a healthy mix of teachers and recruiters. So, I would keep Banda and Stroud. That leaves Baker, Rumph, and Patke as your candidates for replacement. I'd set the over/under on replacements at 2 and would probably bet the under.

Advertisement
You need a healthy mix of teachers and recruiters. So, I would keep Banda and Stroud. That leaves Baker, Rumph, and Patke as your candidates for replacement. I'd set the over/under on replacements at 2 and would probably bet the under.

I get it and I agree. You do need a balance of both.

Here's what I know, Baker doesn't teach or recruit ****.

He still needs to make changes on defense. Patke and Baker are all highly questionable hires. Rumph is a complete failure and should have been canned years ago. Diaz isn’t involved much at all with the offense. It doesn’t take a genius to know Enos and his hand picked staff had to go. Simply because he’s not as stubborn as Golden doesn’t make him a good HC yet. He still has a ton to prove. A win over UL and UAB doesn’t come anywhere near to making up for a loss to FIU and a 6-7 season. Pump the brakes dude.

Advertisement
Lol so no problem with threads like this but as soon as it’s a thread criticizing Baker it has to be shut down?

Agreed.

How would you rate the rest of the defensive staff on coaching + recruiting?

Well , I mean, he who will not be named but coaches defensive backs NEEDS to go.

All I know is this, what Manny BETTER NOT do is just promote his buddy Banda to a role he has no business being in. As long as THAT doesn't happen and they go out and make a change....I'll at least applaud him for being proactive.

Advertisement
Let’s pump the breaks. We beat Louisville last year too. And felt the offense was maybe finally figuring things out. We all know what happened after that.

We tend to do this after any decent win. Let’s just beat the p*ss out of FSU and see what happens.

The difference is those games showed our potential.

Enos’ arrogance and Jarren’s immaturity destroyed all of the positive momentum. Thing is, Jarren or N’Kosi would have put up big numbers LAST YEAR in this offense, flaws and all.

King just gives us the potential to dominate. We are scoring even with not having a full offseason to install the offense. The team could have been even more polished and consistent under normal circumstances. Reducing practice time gives advantage to the defense.

This offense is who the Miami Hurricanes really are. This is the same team that slept walked to 17 on Central Michigan and got ****ted by La Tech. The UAB game was a HUGE deal no matter how you slice it. Theat game is proof of how different things will be.

We barely scratching the surface. Our best ball is AHEAD OF US.

The defensive coaching staff still requires almost a complete purge. If he does that and stops clearly playing favorites on that side of the ball....then he'll have completely won me over.

Let's see how this season goes and then what he does about Rumph and Baker before we crown him. Like I've said from day 1, I'm rooting for the guy but there are still some tough decisions that MUST be made and some results that MUST be attained.

I have no aspirations of beating Clemson. We don't need to beat Clemson for this season to be a success. However, anything less than a double digit win season and I'm sorry but all this newfound goodwill will evaporate in a second. We need to parlay that mythical 10 win season into a top 5 recruiting class to make up for the recruiting misses this staff has had the last 2 years.
THIS

Love Manny's offseason moves, and I am actually pleased with the Offense. Even with an OL and WRs that are still not at playoff caliber, our O is good enough to put up points and get us some wins.

I salute Manny for being humble and man enough to make those badly needed changes. Just by doing that alone we're a Top 15 - Top 20 football team. And if he can hold onto the '21 class, we will have some very good talent on which to continue the trajectory.

Now if Manny is serious about taking that next step to be a Top 10 team, he's got to find a guru to head up the Defense. They are playing aggressively but unsound. Love Rumph and what he's done for us as a Canes player, but time for him to go as a coach. If you can't recruit year after year after year, it's time for you to go. Baker is not a UM caliber DC. He's got to go. And neither is Patke.

You've come a long way in my book Manny, but make some needed D staff upgrades, and I will be fully in your corner.

There are some people close to the program that believe Patke is very smart and a good coach but a mediocre recruiter. The latter is obvious but it's sometimes hard to assess his coaching ability and football acumen.

From a purely X's and O's standpoint, what are your thoughts on Patke?

Advertisement
Back