I tried telling y'all that Manny is that coach

Definitely optimistic no doubt about that. Like many others above, he needs to take more control defensively, and then address some failures on the recruiting/coaching end (again defensively without naming the obvious deficiencies).

This is HIS defense,...make no mistake about that. He's going to need to recruit more studs. Him calling defensive plays during game day isin't the magic pixie dust that will turn this year's version into the 2018 version.

Advertisement
The mythical 10 win season stuff goes with an OOC schedule that we don't have in such a weird year.

So that metric goes in the trash this year because it's just that much more incomparable with the lack of conference play, to be completely honest.

They will have their "awards" metrics after this season that will mean very little as well but the difference is, you supposedly are looking for a direction to go in based on the metric, whether they will be doing awards just because.

I mean,...hold onto "10 wins" as tight as you wish, but it means very little. Certainly hope we get there though because that means better recruiting. But I wanna see our ability to fill gaps (we've already done so on offense and kicking) and improvement (on defense).

The kicker and QB are temporary gap fillers -- not developed players -- but you should be able to recruit off of their success. We've needed something to build off of,...and now it looks like we finally have it.

Including a bowl game, 10 wins is VERY attainable this year. I 100% stand by that. If you want to finish with a top 5 recruiting class you need the type of buzz that comes along with those results.

Rumph, Patke and Baker all need to go. We can’t be jumping up and down for joy just because we finally beat a ranked team on the road. Yes, Manny has addressed- QB, kicker and offensive coordinator. But now it’s time to overhaul the defensive staff. If this does not happen, it will cost Manny dearly. Since Baker has been the defensive coordinator here, our defense has regressed. Period. Rumph cannot recruit (clearly) and by the the looks of it, cannot coach either. Patke I don’t think I need say much on. All three of them have to go. Banda has recruited great and has earned the right to be the safeties coach here.

Let’s pump the breaks. We beat Louisville last year too. And felt the offense was maybe finally figuring things out. We all know what happened after that.

We tend to do this after any decent win. Let’s just beat the p*ss out of FSU and see what happens.

True. But the feel is night and day compared to last year. We have a legit QB now, the Off was suspect all last year. the enod effect

I never said this years team isn’t better than last years team. In fact i agree with you.

What I said was we’ve had a history of looking good in a few games then falling off. Let’s be patient and see how the season progresses before we crown Manny.

I can agree with that. However, you brought up last year like you fear that it could to be what happens this year. An honest assessment of the current team to date doesn't indicate to me that we'll see a similar result (sans King getting injured).

I hear what you are saying. I just don't expect it. At all.

Advertisement
Let’s pump the breaks. We beat Louisville last year too. And felt the offense was maybe finally figuring things out. We all know what happened after that.

We tend to do this after any decent win. Let’s just beat the p*ss out of FSU and see what happens.
I may be wrong and I completely understand where you are coming from. But. The quarterback is a different animal.

This is HIS defense,...make no mistake about that. He's going to need to recruit more studs. Him calling defensive plays during game day isin't the magic pixie dust that will turn this year's version into the 2018 version.
Him and Baker are not the same. Just watch the games and its obvious. For example, Manny loved the corner blitz. We haven't seen it since Baker took over.

He’s already got the co-dc title, so Manny thinks he’s ready. He thinks his whole d staff is ready to run their own d
Wasn't he promoted by Richt just before he retired. And I believe he was made co-DC. He must not have had complete confidence in him. I still don't know how that was supposed to work.

When Manny came back, he decided not to demote and humiliate him. He was in the middle of recruiting season.

Advertisement
Rumph, Patke and Baker all need to go. We can’t be jumping up and down for joy just because we finally beat a ranked team on the road. Yes, Manny has addressed- QB, kicker and offensive coordinator. But now it’s time to overhaul the defensive staff. If this does not happen, it will cost Manny dearly. Since Baker has been the defensive coordinator here, our defense has regressed. Period. Rumph cannot recruit (clearly) and by the the looks of it, cannot coach either. Patke I don’t think I need say much on. All three of them have to go. Banda has recruited great and has earned the right to be the safeties coach here.
I agree with just about everything you said, but in Rumphs defense, his unit performed better with Manny calling plays. That's not a coincidence. His recruiting is a problem tho.

I agree with just about everything you said, but in Rumphs defense, his unit performed better with Manny calling plays. That's not a coincidence. His recruiting is a problem tho.
I agree with you. Rumph’s unit performed better when Manny was DC. Rumph still has to go though

Advertisement

Naw, Manny calls far better def game than Baker. And it's not even close. IE: The blitz call on SR22 ff in the comeback on fsu. Manny makes really good half time adjustments too.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Lack of legit CB's is the problem, poor defensive recruiting. I believe this prevents any defensive playcalling from being aggressive. You need legit corners to be very creative on D.
Yeah? Who’s fault is that? because I see a HC that was coaching the defense for years, and he’s know that his CB coach can’t recruit

You’re saying Manny is “that coach” because he beat UAB and Louisville? Don’t get me wrong, Louisville had my attention and has an elite offense but they are not a complete team on both sides of the ball... Manny has a long way to go to prove he’s legit. Long way to go

It seems right out of the frugal miami playbook. Banda is either getting a promotion or a big raise if we plan to retain him. I'd much rather keep him than Baker. Not necessarily as DC but i don't think there is some massive XP gap between baker and banda either. It's still Manny's D at the end of the day.

If everything else is the same but Banda gets rid of the delayed blitz, then the defense will improve by 300% on that alone. It's not rocket science. Miami is already weak on the back end, so why the **** are you sending them after the QB 4 seconds after the ball is snapped? I think Diaz might have to train Baker like a dog and put a shock collar on him. The next time he calls a delayed blitz, he gets juiced.

Advertisement
Back