I told yall muddasuckas last week NOT TO PANIC about the offense! This defense doe...

Advertisement
i rewatched the game and found the same thing over and over again. bad angles and DT slanting in the wrong direction and not trusting or knowing that the LB would clean it up, but again sometimes the LB took the wrong angle and did not clean up. a work in progress, but it will get better.
As far as DTS slanting in the wrong direction that’s gonna happen when you call premeditated movements. Lbs just gotta know their fits after they read where the ball is going.

lan" gives up 34 points and over 500 yards of offense, your game plan sucks.
4. I watched a condensed version of the game. There was no game plan or conscious effort the game plan. You're not part of the staff.
2. That's our game plan with EVERYBODY. Nothing was uniqitzing is forces tighter coverage than playing a 3 deep zone. You might not get beat over the top, but you'll get nickel and dimed to death. (like we did) You think that'1. You don't know the game plan. You're no2. That's oue plan with EVERYBODY. Nothing was unique about what we did versus UL.
3. If your "game plan" gives up 34 points and over 500 yards of offense, your game plan sucks.
4. I watched a condensed version of the game. There was no game plan or conscious effort to take their best player out of the game.
5. Playing man while blitzing is forces tighter coverage than playing a 3 deep zone. You might not get beat over the top, but you'll get nickel and dimed to death. (like we did) You think that's a good game plan, but OC's have figured this out and when we blitz they dink/dunk.

What "game plan" allows WR's to catch the ball at 7 yards and run for another 7?
Makes. Zero. Sense.
Go look at the long post from Lance just now and tell him he doesn't know the game plan either. Broke down the entire film and came away with "game plan was to sit back, take away the explosive plays and force them to complete long drives." Exactly what I said. Don't have to be in the locker room to watch that game and understand what they were doing. I'm sorry you can't see it man.

Go look at the long post from Lance just now and tell him he doesn't know the game plan either. Broke down the entire film and came away with "game plan was to sit back, take away the explosive plays and force them to complete long drives." Exactly what I said. Don't have to be in the locker room to watch that game and understand what they were doing. I'm sorry you can't see it man.
He don't know the game plan either.
It's easy to look at footage of a defense giving up EVERYTHING underneath and justifying it by saying "well we just wanted to limit the explosive plays". Meanwhile you're allowing the offense to take everything else it wants, ALL THE WAY DOWN THE FIELD.

It's a bullsh!t cop-out and makes zero sense.

Been coaching for 13 years.
Been to hundreds of clinics. NEVER seen a DC say that they're content with giving up easy throws over and over again. That's the dumbest fvckin' logic I've ever heard. Most DC's want to TAKE AWAY the easy/high percentage throws. (i.e. short/intermediate throws in the middle of the field)

What's harder to execute?
Short dink-and-dunk throws?
Or long throws down the sideline?

Bigger/explosive plays are harder to execute. That's why they're rare. Allowing an offense to dink-and-dunk you down the field is only doing THEM a favor, now they don't have to rely on any big plays. (i.e. low percentage throws)

It's a bullsh!t excuse by our fans to justify a poor defensive performance.

Advertisement
Funny how you brag up lashlee and our offense for scoring against a bad defense, but also bashing the defense for giving up plays against a very good offense...great perspective. Louisville’s defense is also full of 3 star kids with Akron offers that won’t stack up to clemson

Lashlee is a fvckin' savage. Every time Louisville got some momentum that MF'er pulled something out of his bag of tricks. He did the same thing last week.
Any time someone scores on our defense my man gets that 7 points right back.

And like I told yall months ago, I know we're excited about Rooster and Chaney but that dude Cam AIN'T...NO...SLOUCH!
I'm tellin' ya. I saw it live when he made the entire D1 filled Daytona Mainland defense look like they were running in quick sand. Dude is sneaky fast.
How 'bout Lashlee setting up that 75 yard run by motioning the single WR to the other side, clearing the UL defense of an edge player...then BOOM. House call!

I told yall last week that we didn't see even 4.9% of the playbook versus UAB. Tonight we saw much much more. I imagine there's even more good **** to come next week.

I really wish that long Mallory play didn't get called back, cause that was some Jeremy Shockey type of **** he did. We are spoiled at the TE and RB position. The way Lashlee schemes things up to get the ball to Jordan, gotta love it.

Let's talk about this defense though fellas! SMH
A pretty decent first half but once UL's staff figured out WTF was going on, it was a lube-less a$$ raping.

I want to put something into perspective for yall.
Our defense got their a$$ handed to them by an offensive squad full of 3-star kids who had offers from the likes of Akron and North Dakota Tech A&M. (joking, but not entirely)
This game was a match-up off 2 outstanding OC's and a couple of out-matched Defensive Coordinators. Baker had absolutely no answer for UL in the second half. UL's QB, WR's and RB all got off on us. (all 3 star kids)

With that said...issues that I noticed...
(that will never get fixed)

Defensive Line
I think the jury is out on our DL. Outside Zone running plays kill us. We saw it in the UAB game, and we saw UL exploit it as well, big time. Reason being, our DL always get reached and can't maintain their gap. They get cut-off by the O-lineman in front of them and they try to "back door" everything. This often creates an extra gap for the LB's to defend and/or leaves them out to dry by allowing O-lineman to reach the next level. Go watch our defense and tell me how many times our LB's are actually running free. Rarely. That's why you will likely NEVER see a LB reach 100+ tackles in this defense. This is a product of a D-line that's told to play "vertical" i.e. just get straight up field. Don't get me wrong, it creates havoc and TFL's sometimes, but tonight it got us torched in the run game. (think I saw Roche get reached like 39 times tonight)
Any smart OC from here on out is simply gonna run outside zone plays and let our DL run themselves up-field and out of the play.

Linebackers
I thought McCloud played better today. He had one play where he was on some grown man ****. Lit up the blocker and the ball carrier on an outside run. He also forced that fumble on UL's QB towards the end of the game. You can still see how he's limited athletically at times. I thought Jennings showed a lack of instincts on a couple plays. Honestly, it's really hard for me to be too critical of the LB's though cause they get ZERO HELP. Nobody on the DL is requiring double-teams because (as I mentioned above) they're just running themselves up-field and through the back door. Our LB's have to deal with free-running O-linemen on a lot of plays.

Secondary
Here's where it gets ugly. The alignments, the assignments, just a plethora of **** that makes no sense.
1. You can't have Bubba Bolden covering Tutu freakin' Atwell one-on-one. That is all.
2. You can't play man coverage...with OUTSIDE leverage/alignment...and no help underneath. Multiple times tonight I saw a DB lined-up in man coverage with an outside alignment. The WR would simply run an in-breaking route for an uncontested catch. Go watch Tutu's long catch late in the game. Bolden is lined up OUTSIDE of him and Tutu just runs a post/deep cross, wide open. Same thing with a couple short/intermediate throws we gave up. On one particular play I saw Couch lined up OUTSIDE of a 2-WR bunch set (I believe)...in man coverage...and his WR simply ran an inside hitch for an easy 1st down. YOU'RE ALREADY BEAT PRE-SNAP WITH THAT ALIGNMENT.
3. Why the fvck do we blitz 6+ guys (from a mile away) and play zone behind it? We leave the middle of the field wide open. JUST FVCKIN PLAY MAN IF YOU'RE GONNA SEND 6! We blitz 6 guys our **** CB's are playing bail zone coverage, and any in-breaking route is wide open! (cause the CB's are playing an outside zone)
4. I saw zero effort to account for UL's most explosive player on every snap. On Tutu's TD late in the game, UL is in a trips (3x1) formation and Tutu is at the #3 WR spot. This is a fvckin' dead giveaway that they want to get him the ball. Do we have a Safety play over the top of him? Noooo. He runs vertical down the middle of the field and he's past the LB's in a split second. Their QB had to move around and couldn't throw it, but he was **** near unaccounted for. Would've been an easy TD. Ultimately he got open FOR A SECOND TIME and UL's QB was able to find him while scrambling. We made absolutely no effort to contain their most explosive offensive weapon. If you're creative there's ways to double a WR in basically any formation. I did last year in the play-offs versus Bryan Robinson. Dude had 5 TD's the week before, versus us 3 catches for 11 yards. If you KNOW an offense is insistent on getting the ball to a certain player, and that's where the majority of their explosive plays come from, you make a conscious effort to take him out of the game and force them to rely on their less talented players for 48 minutes. YOU DON'T JUST ALLOW THREE DIFFERENT OFFENSIVE PLAYERS TO HAVE CAREER DAYS ON YOUR DEFENSE! The fvck man?! We didn't stop any of their guys! LOL

Unfortunately I don't think any of this is gonna change. The defense will have some games better than others, but i fear that versus any team with a decent offense we are gonna find ourselves in a shoot-out. Thankfully we have Lashlee and King. But you can't really count on the offense to fire on all cylinders EVERY game. That usually doesn't happen.

For anybody who says "well Louisville is a good offensive team and we still won the game!" allow me to remind you that UL is playing with a bunch of 3-star kids. They are not playing with the same deck as Clemson.

Good win nonetheless. Love the **** offense. Should be a fun season!
Macho

You are DC.

Give us your philosophy. How do you fix?

Funny how you brag up lashlee and our offense for scoring against a bad defense, but also bashing the defense for giving up plays against a very good offense...great perspective. Louisville’s defense is also full of 3 star kids with Akron offers that won’t stack up to clemson
Doofus.
You can watch Lashlee's offense and see how he schemes up plays, uses concepts that make sense, etc.
You watch our defense and a large number of things are simply preventable.

Advertisement
Nah @Coach Macho is speaking big facts.

we won the game, ok cool.

But you can still admit that the defense was trash.

Im never going to be jumping for joy at any defense giving up 400-500+ yards.

Louisville had potential to score big time in the first half. We had a few great open field tackles from the secondary and even the linebackers that saved some 20+ yarders that first half.

I wanted to see Miami come out and stop the run......lol they ran down Miami’s throat. Hawkins averaged 6.1 and Hall was over 13 YPC.

“They are a good offense”
Yes they are. And WKU limited Hawkins to 3.7 YPC.

Louisville had potential to score big time in the first half. We had a few great open field tackles from the secondary and even the linebackers that saved some 20+ yarders that first half.

I wanted to see Miami come out and stop the run......lol they ran down Miami’s throat. Hawkins averaged 6.1 and Hall was over 13 YPC.

Yeah - most of these cats have no idea what they’re watching. They’re just regurgitating excuses. Our defense played like trash. And I’m tired of hearing about one half. It’s dumb. Their success had A LOT more to do with our poor play than how good they are..

1. You don't know the game plan. You're not part of the staff.
2. That's our game plan with EVERYBODY. Nothing was unique about what we did versus UL.
3. If your "game plan" gives up 34 points and over 500 yards of offense, your game plan sucks.
4. I watched a condensed version of the game. There was no game plan or conscious effort to take their best player out of the game.
5. Playing man while blitzing is forces tighter coverage than playing a 3 deep zone. You might not get beat over the top, but you'll get nickel and dimed to death. (like we did) You think that's a good game plan, but OC's have figured this out and when we blitz they dink/dunk.

What "game plan" allows WR's to catch the ball at 7 yards and run for another 7?
Makes. Zero. Sense.
Stop it with actual knowledge about CFB @Coach Macho ....thats not welcomed here....

Advertisement
He don't know the game plan either.
It's easy to look at footage of a defense giving up EVERYTHING underneath and justifying it by saying "well we just wanted to limit the explosive plays". Meanwhile you're allowing the offense to take everything else it wants, ALL THE WAY DOWN THE FIELD.

It's a bullsh!t cop-out and makes zero sense.

Been coaching for 13 years.
Been to hundreds of clinics. NEVER seen a DC say that they're content with giving up easy throws over and over again. That's the dumbest fvckin' logic I've ever heard. Most DC's want to TAKE AWAY the easy/high percentage throws. (i.e. short/intermediate throws in the middle of the field)

What's harder to execute?
Short dink-and-dunk throws?
Or long throws down the sideline?

Bigger/explosive plays are harder to execute. That's why they're rare. Allowing an offense to dink-and-dunk you down the field is only doing THEM a favor, now they don't have to rely on any big plays. (i.e. low percentage throws)

It's a bullsh!t excuse by our fans to justify a poor defensive performance.

Weren’t you a staunch defender of Mark “regularly give up 2,000 yards a game” Onforio

Advertisement

We gave up 20 points until 7 minutes left in the game on the road

We held them to 6 points in the first half, would it have you feel better if we gave up 14 but held them to 4 YPC?

Ive said all along Manny defense is overrated but nitpicking stupid crap like “oh they missed a throw, we barely made a tackle” but then don’t mention how Hawkins scores a long TD on a perfectly executed defensive play until Roche went rogue and didn’t hold contain

Half of this fan base always finds something wrong with everything. You guys could get a ******* from the hottest woman on the planet and then complain about it because she didn’t swallow

We gave up 20 points until 7 minutes left in the game on the road

We held them to 6 points in the first half, would it have you feel better if we gave up 14 but held them to 4 YPC?

Ive said all along Manny defense is overrated but nitpicking stupid crap like “oh they missed a throw, we barely made a tackle” but then don’t mention how Hawkins scores a long TD on a perfectly executed defensive play until Roche went rogue and didn’t hold contain

Half of this fan base always finds something wrong with everything. You guys could get a ******* from the hottest woman on the planet and then complain about it because she didn’t swallow

I love when our fans want to argue that certain minutes or certain quarters don’t really count. Bad football is bad football, man.

They want to create havoc but we often hustle backwards. This scheme is OK. Just OK. It could be a lot better if we scaled back on the chaos just for the sake of chaos. It’s really ironic but if we fixed our alignments and attacked the right gaps.. chaos would happen organically with our talent and we wouldn’t have to “scheme” it as often.

Weren’t you a staunch defender of Mark “regularly give up 2,000 yards a game” Onforio
Lmao **** no! I was over golden and company after Maryland.

I was happy that Diaz was coming because In the Golden era, I was ****ed seeing Miami never be aggressive.

I said **** if we are going to give up 500 yards or lack the athletes we may as well be aggressive.

That was relative to the Golden era.

The Diaz era has things that are fixable at least. Coach No D was literally no hope you knew that he and Golden wouldn’t change ****.

If Diaz doesn’t fix these pre-snap alignments, coverage assignments, and telegraphed blitzes his boy Baker and many of the defensive staff can GTFO.

Jury still out for Diaz because he has shown he is at least willing to make changes. Let’s see if Miami adjust throughout the season defensively. We are only on game 3.

2 games in is leaving a lot to be desired. Gave up too many yards and points against UAB for what it’s worth.

If FSU gets 400+ yards or 13+ points (offensively) I won’t need to wait till the season finishes to be over it. It’s probably the worst team Miami faces offensively.

Advertisement
Back