I think what drives us Canes fans crazy..

All i want is our team to look prepared, not make stupid mistakes over and over, win the games we should win.

Im not expecting championships right now or big time upsets. I want to see we are getting better and have hope for the future. Right now i see absolutely nothing that makes me think we made the right decision last off season.

Even though i think we should've beat A&M i can take that type loss. Literally no excuse for our other losses.

Advertisement
All i want is our team to look prepared, not make stupid mistakes over and over, win the games we should win.

Im not expecting championships right now or big time upsets. I want to see we are getting better and have hope for the future. Right now i see absolutely nothing that makes me think we made the right decision last off season.

Even though i think we should've beat A&M i can take that type loss. Literally no excuse for our other losses.
Then Dude, you are blind. Did you not watch the adjustments being made defensively vs UNC? Did you not see the adjustment made offensively? That IS coaching.

Then Dude, you are blind. Did you not watch the adjustments being made defensively vs UNC? Did you not see the adjustment made offensively? That IS coaching.

You serious clark?

So adjustments were made on defense and they outscored us.

Adjustments were made on offense and we scored less than them.

We outgained them by 100 yards. Had less interceptions and lost.

That is coaching!

Quick response.

* We're not seeing the endless false starts and other foolish penalties that we've seen under past regimes.

* We're not seeing the need to waste timeouts like we saw under previous regimes.

* Im seeing some solid adjustments in the second half of games.

There's a few other things I can point out but its too late. Im going to bed. Someone else who sees it can expand from here. Recruiting is another topic that can be mentioned.
college gameday sport GIF

Advertisement
Maybe you should listen to the Steele press conference .... they changed nothing on the back end with coverages other than Kam Kinchens stopped ******* up his assignment.

Advertisement
I didn't expect a juggernaut or a 11 win team. I thought 9 wins looking at the schedule was attainable. 7-5 last year. I thought Mario and the staff put together would be worth two additional wins. I thought we would look more prepared and start games faster in all three phases. I was hoping to see the defense play faster and more aggressive. Especially from the DBs and no more giving up the slant all game like we did with Manny.

9 wins, while still possible, looks like a long shot and lofty expectations at this point.

@Rellyrell has helped me come down off the ledge a bit. I’m still worried about the offense and the direction it’s headed.

Like @Miami[]_[]Smoke said, I think it was him, the style of play Mario likes is going to continue to keep games close and that’s a concern I have.

Mario is here and will be here for a while so it’s time to just grin and bear it. I just hope we can get faster and more exciting on Offense. Then become more sound and execute well on defense

And if I’m being honest, there’s no honest assessment among this fan base. Waaay too much Kool Aid drinking, way too much calling every player elite b4 putting on pads, & way too much living in the past. We’ve been picked to win this division since 2004, & every single yr, u’ve been duped to believe this yr will be different.

My frat brother texted me b4 the season, & asked my thoughts (b4 I made my OP). I told him 8-5 or 9-4 at best. The first thing he says: “Look at the schedule, Rell! Name me 4 or 5 losses?” My response? “I know this team, & since 2004, I couldn’t name u 4-5 losses on paper, but for 17 yrs, I’ve seen 4-5 losses annually, despite talent level.”

Mario is the best coach we have had, but he is old school. While the outsiders have been gassing us, he’s told us repeatedly we’re not there & the roster is not where he wants it to be. Despite that, the thirst to be back, along w/ the love of the fumes of gas that infiltrates this site causes unrealistic expectations.

W/ the lack of portal additions, along w the loss of more than 50% of offensive production + new playbook = struggles for yr 1. Idgaf what the industry “experts say”, b/c most of those mofos don’t know chit anyway, but we collectively have seen the struggles of every first yr coach at this program EXCEPT D.E & L.C, both won w/ ready made rosters, & both **** near killed the program after the program builders’ players left.

No excuse, EVER, to lose to MTSU, but we gotta stop the 15-0 & ACCCG or Bust bull chit every off season UNTIL we get there, & imo, we will.
No my friend every player on the bench is elite until they step on the field. Then, they are JAGs. Then, the freshmen are elite until they make their first mistake. The recruits are elite... You get the point

I didn't expect a juggernaut or a 11 win team. I thought 9 wins looking at the schedule was attainable. 7-5 last year. I thought Mario and the staff put together would be worth two additional wins. I thought we would look more prepared and start games faster in all three phases. I was hoping to see the defense play faster and more aggressive. Especially from the DBs and no more giving up the slant all game like we did with Manny.

9 wins, while still possible, looks like a long shot and lofty expectations at this point.

@Rellyrell has helped me come down off the ledge a bit. I’m still worried about the offense and the direction it’s headed.

Like @Miami[]_[]Smoke said, I think it was him, the style of play Mario likes is going to continue to keep games close and that’s a concern I have.

Mario is here and will be here for a while so it’s time to just grin and bear it. I just hope we can get faster and more exciting on Offense. Then become more sound and execute well on defense

I spend my weekends as a guidance counselor. Lol. Bill is in the mail, champ. Lol.

P.S - don’t mind that extra zero before the period.

Advertisement
^I guess I can see your point here. Just think back to the end of the first half of the Texas A&M game. Mario definitely made sure he didn’t waste any time outs there.

Yeah I was actually yelling at Mario from Section 241 when that happened. Im not sure why he didn't call any timeouts there. That said, the example is not really correlated to my bullet point. Think more along the lines of Manny calling a timeout on defense when the other team is in the two minute drill and trying to get to the line to spike the ball.

Advertisement
Yeah I was actually yelling at Mario from Section 241 when that happened. Im not sure why he didn't call any timeouts there. That said, the example is not really correlated to my bullet point. Think more along the lines of Manny calling a timeout on defense when the other team is in the two minute drill and trying to get to the line to spike the ball.
Or like Shannon calling timeouts 2 mins after opening KO, because not enough personal/ or incorrect personal on the field, while his Keystone Kops coaching staff were bumping into each other like a Chinese fire drill...

It's astonishing, really. Two weeks ago a bunch of the porsters on this board were claiming that TVDs record breaking season last year was a mirage and he should be benched for Garcia. Then 5 weeks into the season Cristobal finally decides to tailor the offense to TVDs skill set and the result is he throws for 3 TDs and almost 500 yards. Again, it took 5 weeks to adjust to TVDs abilities. Yet there are still people who think we don't have a coaching problem.

Goal line strategy and production are still straight garbage.

Steele adjusts well in 2H but has a trend to play poorly 1H. I’m willing to give him a pass though, secondary and LB players are severely lacking

Advertisement
Back