I think we are going to be very good..

Advertisement
This is a 10 possibly 11 win ball club, no doubt in my mind.

I still don’t think Ivey or McCloud should be playing that much this season & IMO are below average players, but aside from that we’ll have a very good 2 deep that if they remain healthy can compete with the entire ACC, Clemson post Trevor Lawrence included.

If Miami doesn’t win the Coastal & have a good double digit win season it’s on Manny & no one else, the pieces are there.
I am willing to bet Blades starts opposite Stevenson. McCloud is situational at best and loses situational snaps if the both Williams give good reps early. I'm more concerned about our defensive tackles get enough push up the middle against a competent offensive line. This is legitimately a Top 10 team if we stay healthy.

10 win season at MINIMUM

We should not get blown out by Bama... we might not win but he’ll their breaking in all new QBs, WRs, RB and some talented Defensive players (yes I know they have reload guys) but either way 1st real game for them with the lights on... tons of unknowns

but again we SHOULD NOT get blown out of the **** building

Advertisement
Guys... what do you think. Would you take Garcia as a day 1 starter over King? Just want to know what y’all think about that?
Absolutely fckin not lol.

I was very impressed with Garcia, he was fearless & made some really nice reads & throws today, his stock is way up in my book...

But lets not forget this was a controlled environment & basically just a Spring scrimmage, not an actual game.

King when healthy is the best QB on the team & it’s not up for debate, Garcia showed good promise for the future today, but he ain’t done it in a real game vs a real opponent yet. Even if King wasn’t ready to go by the beginning of the season & Garcia had to start as a TF he would have games where he would struggle because that’s the nature of the beast for every TF QB, even the ones who have been successful recently as TF starters.

I tried telling you guys.
Happy Season 9 GIF by The Office

Advertisement
Here's my one note of caution. We'll really know if we've turned the corner if we can a) run consistently and b) stop the run. With so few running plays today and only 2 scholarship RBs getting carries it was impossible to tell if we've really made strides there. But we have some athletes on defense now we've coveted for a long time.
I'm not sold that we can average 175 - 200 rushing yards per game. If you can run, you run the ball.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Absolutely fckin not lol.

I was very impressed with Garcia, he was fearless & made some really nice reads & throws today, his stock is way up in my book...

But lets not forget this was a controlled environment & basically just a Spring scrimmage, not an actual game.

King when healthy is the best QB on the team & it’s not up for debate, Garcia showed good promise for the future today, but he ain’t done it in a real game vs a real opponent yet. Even if King wasn’t ready to go by the beginning of the season & Garcia had to start as a TF he would have games where he would struggle because that’s the nature of the beast for every TF QB, even the ones who have been successful recently as TF starters.
Trevor Lawrence says Hi. I hear you though.

Advertisement
Back