I think we are going to be very good..

Advertisement
Covid wiped out practice time for the defenses they played against also, not just them. Some of those guys have been at it for a while, I saw some regression in at least one of them last season, and others not much improvement. But we'll see.
This is true but the OL more than any other position group requires cohesion, chemistry and experience more so than any other group especially when there is a brand new scheme and a new position coach.

I understand everything you are saying and Im not arguing with you. I'm just giving the new OC and his position coaches the benefit of the doubt. A big reason for that was the undeniable improvement made by the offense overall in their 1st year under less than ideal circumstances.

Having said that, I expect to see significant improvement from the OL this year. I also expect to see a bigger playbook and better game plans unlike some of the vanilla garbage that we kept going back to again and again. We have a veteran QB who is on the Heisman watch list coming back for his 2nd year in this system. Assuming that he returns 100% together with the fact that this WR corps is/should be much improved and an experienced OL that boasts 186 starts under their collective belt, one of the best TEs in the nation and a RB stable that is the envy of every single squad in the ACC and beyond, yeah we **** well better see fireworks on offense. There is absolutely no excuse not to have a top 20 offense and zero reason to be held to 17 points by anyone including Alabama, Clemson and whoever else we draw in the post season. I'm not saying we have to go undefeated or score 40+ every game but a scenario in which we get beat down by Alabama in the opener with our offense on the side of a milk carton somewhere is completely unacceptable. We have a very good roster. Not NC caliber quite yet. it a very good roster nonetheless. We have the best coaching staff we have had here in decades. I'm not necessarily expecting a playoff berth although I do believe it is possible. I do however expect this team to win the Coastal outright and compete for the ACC title. I expect this team to be prepared and to compete for 4 quarters all season. I expect to be fun to watch and I expect us to look and play like what we expect the Miami Hurricanes to look and play like.

This is true but the OL more than any other position group requires cohesion, chemistry and experience more so than any other group especially when there is a brand new scheme and a new position coach.

I understand everything you are saying and Im not arguing with you. I'm just giving the new OC and his position coaches the benefit of the doubt. A big reason for that was the undeniable improvement made by the offense overall in their 1st year under less than ideal circumstances.

Having said that, I expect to see significant improvement from the OL this year. I also expect to see a bigger playbook and better game plans unlike some of the vanilla garbage that we kept going back to again and again. We have a veteran QB who is on the Heisman watch list coming back for his 2nd year in this system. Assuming that he returns 100% together with the fact that this WR corps is/should be much improved and an experienced OL that boasts 186 starts under their collective belt, one of the best TEs in the nation and a RB stable that is the envy of every single squad in the ACC and beyond, yeah we **** well better see fireworks on offense. There is absolutely no excuse not to have a top 20 offense and zero reason to be held to 17 points by anyone including Alabama, Clemson and whoever else we draw in the post season. I'm not saying we have to go undefeated or score 40+ every game but a scenario in which we get beat down by Alabama in the opener with our offense on the side of a milk carton somewhere is completely unacceptable. We have a very good roster. Not NC caliber quite yet. it a very good roster nonetheless. We have the best coaching staff we have had here in decades. I'm not necessarily expecting a playoff berth although I do believe it is possible. I do however expect this team to win the Coastal outright and compete for the ACC title. I expect this team to be prepared and to compete for 4 quarters all season. I expect to be fun to watch and I expect us to look and play like what we expect the Miami Hurricanes to look and play like.
Understood, and let me say I've pulled for, and watched for development with this OL for 3 years. Waiting for it to mature, yet we still are considering moving guys around - seldom ends well. One thing your post and a couple of other OL threads made me do, was look up sacks.

We were 107 out of 130 teams in giving up QB sacks. That's with probably one of the Top 5 escape QBs in the nation. Everybody on here made fun of FSU's OL last season and they joined us in the bottom 18% of that list only 7 spaces below us. Embarrassing for two once great programs. Over the past 15 years Canes have had their stretches of dominate rooms: DL, DE, LB, C, S, TE, WR, RB. Nothing changes until they get the OL room recruited, developed and a cohesive, dependable group on the field.

I don't mean to be redundant, but for me, this is like gawking a car wreck. Can't help it; I played on great OLs.

Remember when the NFL had the epiphany and started paying LTs that WR Money? Because they figured out the LT was involved in perhaps 60 plays a game and the Star WR maybe 6-8.

I like everything I’m hearing about this team being transformed , I just need a total surrender from the past year and further.to whom want to be a physical relentless team through and through.

I LIKE IT VERY MUCH .

You win your games when no one is watching tough hard nose back breaking training.

If this holds true, no one will want us on there schedule JUST like the old days 🙌

GOCANES

Advertisement
Back