I think we are going to be very good..

Advertisement
Here's my one note of caution. We'll really know if we've turned the corner if we can a) run consistently and b) stop the run. With so few running plays today and only 2 scholarship RBs getting carries it was impossible to tell if we've really made strides there. But we have some athletes on defense now we've coveted for a long time.
Ditto. I’m also a bit concerned about CB depth.

TRob already has our secondary playing better.

Canes homers would neg me for constantly ripping our Def staff in 2020.... but in CFB you get what you pay for in coaching staffs. Whatever TRob is making he’s 100% worth it. And I’m pumped to have coach Simpson back for multiple reasons.

I’m really trying to temper my expectations, but we can all tell that this is the most competent football team, including coaches, that Miami will field in a very long time

The hope is last year was our year to find ways to win. It wasn’t always pretty but it was a very clear big step forward from Manny’s first year.

The hope is this year is our year to find ways to a) compete with the likes of Clemson and Bama b) win the tough games vs ranked opponents aka UNC, Ok St.

If we beat Bama and/or Clemson then wow. But we need to at least bridge that gap and then clearly show we are a cut above those non-elite but still good/ranked opponents.

Advertisement
I’ll say this...our offense looked better than Bama’s today. The lack of pressure on defense concerns me though.
There was more pressure than it appeared.. remember couldn't touch the QBs. Rewatch the rape and there were several plays that would have been sacks the officials didn't immediately blow dead. Also with QBs knowing they can't get touched less throwaways/errant throws.

Ditto. I’m also a bit concerned about CB depth.

TRob already has our secondary playing better.

Canes homers would neg me for constantly ripping our Def staff in 2020.... but in CFB you get what you pay for in coaching staffs. Whatever TRob is making he’s 100% worth it. And I’m pumped to have coach Simpson back for multiple reasons.

I’m really trying to temper my expectations, but we can all tell that this is the most competent football team, including coaches, that Miami will field in a very long time
😩 every year they find a way to pull me back. I feel like Michael Corleone. I was so close to being a sane person on Saturdays and Manny once again pulls me back in 😂

Let us see what happens at the Alabama game. If we will then I'll get excited. For so many years this program had been suck in mediocrity and pre season expectations have been shattered during the season.
I feel you, but to judge this team against Alabama, the returning champions, and in week 1...is kinda unfair. I’d love for us to beat Bama, but as long as we hang in there with Bama and in a good game... then I’ll everything there is to know about Miami.

Advertisement
Advertisement
It’s spring so I’m not gonna go crazy but there was a lot to like in the spring game. We have quality depth at a lot of positions for the first time in over a decade. I’m pleased.

Guys... what do you think. Would you take Garcia as a day 1 starter over Van Dyke if King isn’t ready? Just want to know what y’all think about that?

correction*

Last edited:
Guys... what do you think. Would you take Garcia as a day 1 starter over King? Just want to know what y’all think about that?

If you’re asking versus a fully healthy King, you don’t have much football wisdom or perspective, and are sadly a prisoner of the moment.

Advertisement
People around the program are very confident, I’ve posted a lot of positivity for a reason. It was a really good spring and you saw the proof today.
First time since 2004 I think we are legitimately a Top 10 team coming into this fall. Now, let's see if our kids have learned how to take a punch in the spotlight early and get off the match. I would still like to see a portal linebacker who can challenge to start.

It’s spring so I’m not gonna go crazy but there was a lot to like in the spring game. We have quality depth at a lot of positions for the first time in over a decade. I’m pleased.
This is a 10 possibly 11 win ball club, no doubt in my mind.

I still don’t think Ivey or McCloud should be playing that much this season & IMO are below average players, but aside from that we’ll have a very good 2 deep that if they remain healthy can compete with the entire ACC, Clemson post Trevor Lawrence included.

If Miami doesn’t win the Coastal & have a good double digit win season it’s on Manny & no one else, the pieces are there.

Advertisement
Back