I saw you Zion

Advertisement
As great as Mannys defense was last year I know you and I both expressed concerns that it was as “elite” as it appeared.

Two years ago 3rd and 20 was about the same as 3rd and 2 it seemed because the delayed, ridiculous blitzes were coming, and if we didn’t get there in time there was a huge hole somewhere. Brutal.
We are missing a disruptive defensive tackle inside. Hopefully Nesta when he comes back gives us some of that, but we shall see.

As great as Mannys defense was last year I know you and I both expressed concerns that it was as “elite” as it appeared.

Two years ago 3rd and 20 was about the same as 3rd and 2 it seemed because the delayed, ridiculous blitzes were coming, and if we didn’t get there in time there was a huge hole somewhere. Brutal.

Ridiculous. And i lol when they say that wasnt a Manny Type defense. Sh8tting me...b4 the play i said hear comes the exotic *** delayed blitz. (they blitz freaking gilbert frierson) to where the qb had a clean pocket and pitch and catch...That was TEXTBOOK MANNY defensive call. He loves that delayed blitz that gets there...1 time every 3 games.

Ridiculous. And i lol when they say that wasnt a Manny Type defense. Sh8tting me...b4 the play i said hear comes the exotic *** delayed blitz. (they blitz freaking gilbert frierson) to where the qb had a clean pocket and pitch and catch...That was TEXTBOOK MANNY defensive call. He loves that delayed blitz that gets there...1 time every 3 games.
Yup. Textbook Manny is right. Most DCs would just blitz our LBs (who are actually pretty good blitzers) straight down the pipe and make Howell make a really quick decision but....

We are missing a disruptive defensive tackle inside. Hopefully Nesta when he comes back gives us some of that, but we shall see.
Oh for sure. Willis’ presence was going to be impossible to replace. Everyone gave the whole “disruptive by committee” excuse that it would all be fine.

Bull****. I’m a Nesta fan but to expect us to replace what Willis did last year was illogical given the personnel.

Advertisement
If I am not mistaken you were also warning about a defensive regression in the off season. Do you see that turning around as the season goes on?
It's not going to turn around unless (a) Ford or Miller morph into the 2019 version of Willis/McIntosh or (b) Nesta comes back and plays above his experience level as a true sophomore. The former is not going to happen. They not playing bad but they're not that type of player. The latter, even if he comes back soon, even if he's the real deal, he's got conditioning to deal with. He hasn't played in a while. He realistically won't be fully effective until the latter half of the season.

That's a lot of ifs and there are a lot of games before that happens. In the meantime, the defensive staff has to realize the reality of the situation and scheme around that.

Advertisement
Wish scaife was out at tackle game 1 man..
On the blocked field goal NAVAUGHN DONALDSON got DESTROYED. He’s way to big to get put on his back like that sheesh!

Donaldson gets knocked off balance by smaller players all the time. Surprising given his size and athleticism. Zuniga, a DE, put him on skates when he came around to pull. He's not the mauler we thought he'd be.

You , liberty , myself and a couple others did. I never got it , especially against UF. Scaife is and always was the best option at rt.

**** is crazy...

Advertisement
Donaldson gets knocked off balance by smaller players all the time. Surprising given his size and athleticism. Zuniga, a DE, put him on skates when he came around to pull. He's not the mauler we thought he'd be.
Donaldson never has his feet set so he can power thru so it just stumbles everywhere

Advertisement
hey, you said smaller players. One got pancaked and the other ran away from contact lol

I gave an example of a defensive end lol. I think he's got the advantage on DB's or else there's somethings seriously wrong

We just need to play a complete game...feels like it's been focking years since that's happened against someone who isnt FCS....

I know 1 sack from UNC that *technically* shouldn't be any of our linemen's fault was that weird *** playaction enos drew up where Donaldson was supposed to magically have 4.8 speed to sweep over to the right. Aside from that definitely looked better.

Exactly. It's amazing that someone that big and strong can be knocked around so easily. He appears to have some major balance issues. Needs to spend some extra time working on his core and doing balance exercises.

Advertisement
Back