I saw you Zion

Our line was good yesterday. In fact, I think we should have run the ball more often than we did. We were pushing their shi t in. It would have made the passing game more effective.

Advertisement
He started the season at guard for a reason, he's at tackle now only out of need
Dang I didn't know you was on the coaching staff and had a say on what position he was going to play. You sound slow, how bout you actually watch some games, he moves just fine at the tackle position and is athletic enough.

Dang I didn't know you was on the coaching staff and had a say on what position he was going to play. You sound slow, how bout you actually watch some games, he moves just fine at the tackle position and is athletic enough.
I sound slow you, may want to re-read your post.

Advertisement
I do think there’s deeper issues.. to my eye with personnel ..Garvin not used properly .. no one with the size or skill set to edge like a chad . Physical development of DL and not using there strengths .. dudes playing out of position.
Could you elaborate? Out of position? Garvin not used properly?Would like to know more? Thanks.

You're right. Butwe need a portal transfe

Yes, he did okay. My bad. But just okay.

And, we need a portal transfer from Buffalo for productivity.
I'm guessing he was always better than Buffalo quality. Don't know why he ended up there.

Noticeable improvement from the OL.

From the second quarter on we outscored them 22-3 and our offense was doing whatever it wanted.
Exactly. For some reason the defense forgot that the game started in the first quarter, not the second quarter. Then, other than the inexplicably bad last defensive series, they played well too.

Noticeable improvement from the OL.

From the second quarter on we outscored them 22-3 and our offense was doing whatever it wanted.

Biggest move was putting Scaife at RT and Clark at RG. Nelson played a lot better as well which allowed the offense to actually function well.

Advertisement
On the blocked field goal NAVAUGHN DONALDSON got DESTROYED. He’s way to big to get put on his back like that sheesh!
Exactly. As soon as the ball was snapped he was bent backwards and on one knee as the defender blew by him. He got embarrassed on that play.

Way to work, young man. Offense generally takes longer to click than the D. That UNC gameplan would've beat UF.

That being said. Our defensive strategy/personnel on 3rd and 4th down needs to change in a hurry. Get your pass rushers in the **** game on long distances.

Could you elaborate? Out of position? Garvin not used properly?Would like to know more? Thanks.

I’m No expert.

I just believe Garvin freshman year was a lot more explosive and was used specifically as a pass rusher and was clearly effective . This season I see him sluggish, not explosive, better fitted against the run.. I believe due to lack of depth and misses in recruiting we time and time again ask our players to do things that’s not ideal with their skill set or body frames .. bandy/bethel/Garvin off top of my head. Specifically with the dline all of our DEs currently were on the small side coming in .. Patchan Came In as an explosive/light speed rusher ,Garvin same , Rosseau came in as a WR **** near size wise, hill at VT was a pass rusher .. problem with that is not all DEs can be just pass rushers .. you need some ox that can set the edge vs the run .. hold up in the trenches ..

Bethel was a DE in high school .. now we’be asked him to hold down the nose .. at 285/290 .. I don’t think talent of our dline is an issue .. but the roles they have to play,utilization, and depth is.

Advertisement
Line had some moments where they actually were very strong. The end of the game they definitely had worn down UNC. That was good to see.

I couldn’t really keep up with the rotation and which linemen were where. I’m one of those “only notice when they **** up” when it comes to the line

Zion, Vaughn, Gaynor, Clark, Scafie played all 77 offensive snaps.
There was no rotation.

Zion, Vaughn, Gaynor, Clark, Scafie played all 77 offensive snaps.
There was no rotation.
Thanks. I half expected a rotation because of the question marks but it seemed like we were seeing the same guys out there.

I’m a big believer in consistency and that was one of the more frustrating parts of Searle’s time here

I’ll be forever haunted by that. But it was typical Miami, and I felt like they would convert even though there’s probably a 5% conversion rate on 4th and 17.
As great as Mannys defense was last year I know you and I both expressed concerns that it was as “elite” as it appeared.

Two years ago 3rd and 20 was about the same as 3rd and 2 it seemed because the delayed, ridiculous blitzes were coming, and if we didn’t get there in time there was a huge hole somewhere. Brutal.

Advertisement
I tried to warn people the offense would start fairly slowly then get better and better. New QB, new OC, new OL. It looked markedly better yesterday, and Zion and Clark held their own. Jarren can deal when he gets a little time.

I’m in **** mode because of the same old **** feeling when it comes to losing to a garbage conference opponent. But there were several bright spots on offense. Unfortunately, in true Miami fashion, there was 4th and 17 and a gigantic overall defensive regression.

let's hope that if enos is the real deal.. come mid season it won't matter how bad the defense is. If this offense keeps improving from one game to the next like they did from uf to unc, the opponents offense will have to score every single time.

we didn't get in the end zone as much as we needed to, but this offense was becoming **** near unstoppable if you guys didn't notice.

I expect us to get the God awful thing you all hate to the bone going in the next few games, and that is the power I run game.

You don't know what you are talking, Scaife can move an he is athletic

Exactly , I’m amazed at the bs I read on this site. If you don’t know jack about football don’t try and talk like you do.

Advertisement
Back