I re-watched the film.

Lol OP acting like people haven't been calling for his benching since game 1. Don't go too far out on a limb bro.

Cheeseburger, Lineage 14.1

Advertisement
I agree he didn't play well yesterday, but who would you replace him with? Wilder shows promise, but he's young; Owens is okay, but it's evident that knee injury changed him as a player. I just don't see who we would use instead of him.

Actually, the one name who, in my opinion, we really miss right now is Jamie Gordinier. By all accounts, he was practicing well and ready to take the next step before the injuries derailed his last two seasons. I feel like, if healthy, he could have been the "Trent Harris" of the linebacking core — not incredibly athletic, but a reliable workhorse.

Replace him with Bandy or Carter if he's going to line up over the slot all the time.

I'm not saying he's beyond saving because he's not. He played pretty well against Notre Dame. But he's looked lost for a majority of the year and lacks awareness. Yesterday he was a complete liability. The roughing play was inexcusable

No player is beyond saving but you need one **** of a coach (ie: Coach Kool) to fix these types of problems and honestly Manny Diaz isn't on the level of coach Kool in terms of coaching up a position.

This is why we need to recruit fast, agile LBs who are excellent in space because our LBs are almost always in situations like this because of Manny's zone blitzing habit.

We are undefeated and heading for our 6th NC. Let's relax and enjoy the ride some rather than act like it is the last 15 years when we actually did not more about football than the coaching staffs. Each play or player is not perfect but the record is; lets not mess with perfect too much.

I understand this but that doesn't mean ignore problems and liabilities until it loses you a game.

I agree, but we are not losing one this year. The last decade and a half has been so painful, even last year was not pleasant, that I just want to cheer the perfection in the only place it counts. But I understand others seeing the flaws and pointing them out.

We are undefeated and heading for our 6th NC. Let's relax and enjoy the ride some rather than act like it is the last 15 years when we actually did not more about football than the coaching staffs. Each play or player is not perfect but the record is; lets not mess with perfect too much.

A lot of teams are "heading" towards a national champion. This is precisely the time where you tighten things up and find weak links that need fixing.

Get through Pittsburgh and it's Clemson—with two wins needed over the likes of an Alabama, Oklahoma, Wisconsin, Auburn, Georgia, et al. Not going to get away with what the Canes have gotten away with against mid-tier ACC foes when lining up against the nation's best.

True but when the Canes lined up against the # 3 team, the best team it has faced, it dismantled it. The UVa game was the one we were most likely to lose. Mark can put the tape the first 35 minutes on a loop to make sure the team understands for the Pitt game. Clemson is not a problem, it will get the ND treatment. The danger will come if we are ranked above our first playoff opponent. Giving a quality opponent many chances will be dangerous. After that, I am assuming it will be Bama for all the marbles and they are dead men walking.

To be perfectly honest, I did not think I would see Tyrone Cornelius referenced on here tonight.

Advertisement
He played well vs Notre Dame if i'm not mistaken.

Think the big problem is that we were even in a 43 going against 4-5 WR sets in the first place.

Zach shouldn't be out there on passing downs. He's like bambi on ice attempting to cover WRs/TEs/RBs.

Advertisement
I agree he didn't play well yesterday, but who would you replace him with? Wilder shows promise, but he's young; Owens is okay, but it's evident that knee injury changed him as a player. I just don't see who we would use instead of him.

Actually, the one name who, in my opinion, we really miss right now is Jamie Gordinier. By all accounts, he was practicing well and ready to take the next step before the injuries derailed his last two seasons. I feel like, if healthy, he could have been the "Trent Harris" of the linebacking core — not incredibly athletic, but a reliable workhorse.

McCloud is doing fine. Maybe it wasn't his best game but he has also had some big hits this year. Remember, he is only a true soph. I agree 100% that Jamie would have made a big difference on this team with his smarts and workhorse attitude. As this season goes on and the team keeps kicking a--, you see him on the sideline a lot right in the middle of the turnover chain celebrations, etc and you have to feel bad for the kid. Two knees for the U.

McCloud is doing fine. Maybe it wasn't his best game but he has also had some big hits this year. Remember, he is only a true soph. I agree 100% that Jamie would have made a big difference on this team with his smarts and workhorse attitude. As this season goes on and the team keeps kicking a--, you see him on the sideline a lot right in the middle of the turnover chain celebrations, etc and you have to feel bad for the kid. Two knees for the U.

Ya, it's great to see him so positive on the sideline. You can tell he loves being here, which makes it even sadder that he's suffered two egregious injuries. Hopefully, he can make an impact next year.

As much as I think you’re a horrible poster, tough to argue. I thought some of it was Diaz going with a 4-3 in light of them going 4-5 wide and not matching up with dbs.

I think this is pretty much exactly why he struggled on Saturday. He wasn't put in good position to succeed based on his skills. Manny should have gone 5 DBs a ton more instead of keeping 3 LBs on the field on Saturday.

Yes, Mccloud has been awful all year but i have faith in this coaching staff...I was definitely saying Mike Jack shouldnt ever see the field and now I look like an idiot. Several others have said harris, langham, dee should either be off the team, or never see the field and now they are making plays. I have even said several times to go nickel, take out mccloud and leave bandy at the slot but again, this couching staff knows way more than any one of us and I will put all my faith into them.

Advertisement
Seems like he's a lot more effective against a team like Notre Dame where he's only reading a couple of keys and can get into attack mode quickly. He certainly struggles covering anybody in space. I'm yet to watch a replay of the game but even watching from the crowd, his mistakes were noticeable

Ive said it all year dude looks lost I don't care how big fast strong you are. Eventually you have to perform and he isn't. Would love to see Carter be moved to the Same position of 1st and 2nd downs when they go 3 wide. Not saying totally bench him but give some of his minutes to somebody else.

Advertisement
Would love to see Carter be moved to the Same position of 1st and 2nd downs when they go 3 wide. Not saying totally bench him but give some of his minutes to somebody else.

And you'll get the same results with Carter, or anybody else for that matter.

Advertisement
Back