I re-watched the film.

McCloud needs to find a nice spot on the left bench and never be seen on the field again. I think I’d rather have Robert Knowles on the field.

Advertisement
I know I'll get negged into Oblivion.
BENCH MCCLOUD PLEASE..... I re-watched the UVa game and I'm still seeing from him what I've been seeing ALL YEAR. He CAN NOT continue to play because of the hype or rating he came in with.

NOT tying to steal CanesVision thing. This is just the plays of McCloud.
I'll do stills just to show you how he just deflates our defense and why we need to either find a replacement or run a 4-2-5 defense.

"What about McClouds forced fumble?" McCloud had nothing to do with it. WR tries to tuck away the ball and he punches it out himself.

2nd & 13. We run a zone and McCloud is in position make a tackle. Misses the tackle and they pick up the first down on what should of been 3rd & 5.

2nd & 7. They throw to the flats. McCloud takes a poor angle and overruns it. What should of been a 3rd & 4 is a TD for UVa.

UVa runs a simple reverse and everyone but McCloud see the ball. McCloud wasn't even blocked. He actually bumped into the O-lineman running the wrong way when the runner took a good 4-5 steps going the other way.

Punt time. This ball is WELL KICKED before McCloud even sees the punter. Crashes into him and draws a flag.

2nd & 16. Ball not even completely caught yet and he already off balance. What should of been a 5 yard gain turns into a 13 yard gain.

Zach McCloud = Tyrone Cornelius. BENCH HIM. This isn't a one game thing either. He murders our defense.

Hey brother - good post. But WTF is this you're writing?

On their first TD, why dafuq do we run that wacky *** coverage? It was Cover-2, and we had 2 players covering the flats (Young & McClolud). I don't think it makes a difference who you put out there, that's a lotta grass for a defender to defend.

Right. Bench him for whom? As if we have this deep bench and MCCloud didn't have to start during his Tr. Fr. year last year. How about we get some more commits before we call to bench people.

Asking a linebacker to run sideline to sideline to cover wide outs in space is asking a lot. Mccloud could take better angles tho.

On the 1st td he had sideline help and still over pursued. He was supposed to trust his help and play the cut back lane. These are things that can be fixed. Diaz has to put him in better position to succeed too.

Advertisement
McCloud was so bad yesterday it was glaringly obvious even in real time, I was re-winding and watching during the game at the horrible over-runs of plays he was involved with and his terrible angles. He has become a problem that can only be fixed by finding a better player, if he wants to improve then perhaps that is him otherwise get someone in there that knows how to play LBer.

Posters in here are ridiculous.

Yes McCloud had a bad game. Last week, however, he won ACC LB of the Week. Why didn't OP go back and watch that film. And bench him for who? Perry is hurt and Wilder would not be better.

It's really on Diaz to use McCloud better. He excels playing downhill, not in space. We should be using more nickel and dime sets. But just not playing McCloud? Dumb, even for OP who gets pleasure out of bashing players

And? 1 week doesn't make you a good player. I can EASILY find more plays just like this in the other 10 games we played. Even I admitted McCloud played his best game as a Cane was against ND. It still doesn't make up for being terrible the other 10 games. He was awful even against Bethune.

Your right.. It is on Diaz to bench him because he isn't ready. He needs a whole lot of coaching. A LOT. Anyone with eyes can tell McCloud isn't good right now. He is constantly lost on defense and not because he doesn't know the plays or assignment it because he reads what going on extremely slow. Like I been saying all season... he is the last to move on the snap and the last to get to the play. Will he always be like this? who knows. If he ready to play now? **** NO. Bro just re-watch the UVa game on defense. Matter of fact, against Pitt pay a good amount of attention to McCloud. He not only takes poor angles but he overruns his terrible angles and if he doesn't do that then he misses the tackle or is easily juked because he is stiff as **** and struggles to turn his body. He is uncoordinated and clumsy. You would think it was his 1st year playing football the way he looks out there. He has Miami Caliber measurable (6'3, 230) but he has to have the worse awareness/football IQ I've seen since Tyrone Cornelius.

I've already proved my point but I could make a HurricanesVision type thread on some of the things I been seeing all year from McCloud. Bro I'll leave you with this, McCloud has started TEN GAMES this year and he only had 31 total tackles. 31. THIRTY ONE! Do you understand how abysmal that is for a LB on a 10-0 Miami team who has started every game? Shaq has 58 and Pick has 52. McCloud needs to be replacement and I honestly don't care by who because they can not be any worse then what I'm seeing from McCloud.

We don't have a quality backup to replace McCloud yet we have only 1 prospect on the LB board (Joyner); anyone else question this? Are we going all in the development of Wilder, Steed, Jennings combined with Owens and Smith returning? Not sure what we can expect from Gordinier and Perry next year.

Right. Bench him for whom? As if we have this deep bench and MCCloud didn't have to start during his Tr. Fr. year last year. How about we get some more commits before we call to bench people.

Bench him for your nickel package w Bandy. It's not rocket science.

Advertisement
This is on Diaz who keeps calling Base D against 3 wide or more. It's stupid. He tried it early in the season and Toledo ate it up. Match personnel, it's as simple as that. The next thing, when we play a ton of base D, he plays alot of zone coverage. The players are not used to that. It's not complicated or rocket science. Let him play down hill. You see what he can do on blitzes etc. It was the same crap we chastised no D for doing.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Why would you get negged for adding pictures to the few plays that even some of his biggest supporters (myself included) have already highlighted and discussed at length? He should be on the sideline instead of being asked to play in space. We are all on the same page. He still offers short and long-term value against certain sets and teams.

If one of his backups were in as much, you'd also be able to highlight some of the same issues. For that SLB position in Coach Diaz's defense, if we're facing a spread set and insist on keeping a LB there, he better be a hybrid guy like Jermaine Grace. A coverage area of about 1000 square feet is out of a lot of guys' range. Play more Nickel.

Wilder got more snaps on defense after McClouds running into the kicker penalty. I’d take the youth at this point bc McCloud simply can’t play that position. His eyes are terrible and his drops are equally as bad. Dude really covers empty space on the field vs eyeing the first to threaten your zone then matching up. It drives me crazy to watch bc the offense knows this as well. He played better in the second half but they were picking him apart in the passing game.

Advertisement
I've already proved my point but I could make a HurricanesVision type thread on some of the things I been seeing all year from McCloud. Bro I'll leave you with this, McCloud has started TEN GAMES this year and he only had 31 total tackles. 31. THIRTY ONE! Do you understand how abysmal that is for a LB on a 10-0 Miami team who has started every game? Shaq has 58 and Pick has 52. McCloud needs to be replacement and I honestly don't care by who because they can not be any worse then what I'm seeing from McCloud.
You seem passionate about this topic and football in general, so at base it is all appreciated. That said, it'd be good to add context. Mccloud has had a poor season playing in space. We are all very aware.

But, using total tackles as a measure is about as bad as Zach is at getting to spots in coverage. He is on the field for less plays, as he comes off when we've played Nickel (which has been a lot in some games). He probably wouldn't be in the 50s, we have to consider what his job as a SLB actually is, and he has surely missed a bunch of tackles, but the disparity between the other two LBs' total tackles needs context.

Posters in here are ridiculous.

Yes McCloud had a bad game. Last week, however, he won ACC LB of the Week. Why didn't OP go back and watch that film. And bench him for who? Perry is hurt and Wilder would not be better.

It's really on Diaz to use McCloud better. He excels playing downhill, not in space. We should be using more nickel and dime sets. But just not playing McCloud? Dumb, even for OP who gets pleasure out of bashing players

And? 1 week doesn't make you a good player. I can EASILY find more plays just like this in the other 10 games we played. Even I admitted McCloud played his best game as a Cane was against ND. It still doesn't make up for being terrible the other 10 games. He was awful even against Bethune.

Your right.. It is on Diaz to bench him because he isn't ready. He needs a whole lot of coaching. A LOT. Anyone with eyes can tell McCloud isn't good right now. He is constantly lost on defense and not because he doesn't know the plays or assignment it because he reads what going on extremely slow. Like I been saying all season... he is the last to move on the snap and the last to get to the play. Will he always be like this? who knows. If he ready to play now? **** NO. Bro just re-watch the UVa game on defense. Matter of fact, against Pitt pay a good amount of attention to McCloud. He not only takes poor angles but he overruns his terrible angles and if he doesn't do that then he misses the tackle or is easily juked because he is stiff as **** and struggles to turn his body. He is uncoordinated and clumsy. You would think it was his 1st year playing football the way he looks out there. He has Miami Caliber measurable (6'3, 230) but he has to have the worse awareness/football IQ I've seen since Tyrone Cornelius.

I’d be willing to bet he probably leads us in missed tackles. Even when he is in position he whiffs in open space or fails to wrap up consistently. I’ve seen him take our own players out on numerous occasions.

The play you show where the wr caught the ball and he had Malek to the outside and he converges and over runs the play is just horrible. He had Malek there pushing him inside, how does he get too far inside?
I mentioned it in my review. He did it another time (which OP also screenshot'd). He legitimately cannot contain his momentum right now in space and overruns plays. I still think he has good potential and will do some good things for us in the future. He's just not a guy comfortable in coverage/space - especially right now. We shall see.

Advertisement
The play you show where the wr caught the ball and he had Malek to the outside and he converges and over runs the play is just horrible. He had Malek there pushing him inside, how does he get too far inside?
I mentioned it in my review. He did it another time (which OP also screenshot'd). He legitimately cannot contain his momentum right now in space and overruns plays. I still think he has good potential and will do some good things for us in the future. He's just not a guy comfortable in coverage/space - especially right now. We shall see.

Where can I find your review? I missed it.

Where can I find your review? I missed it.

https://www.canesinsight.com/thread/post-game-stadium-view/126711

Just some general notes from what I had remembered seeing while at stadium. I've now re-watched most of the game at least once. So some things (like coverages) are clearer.

Advertisement
Back