I re-watched the film.

I don’t have an issue with what you’ve said. He performed ok at best. He truly only flashed last year. And he’s struggled to even do that this year. Maybe he doesn’t know the defense as well as he should? Or maybe he’s not a good fit for this position in the defense? Maybe switch him and Pinckney that cat will find a way to make plays anywhere! Or just move to a nickel look and put Amari Carter there. He’s strong enough to help in run support but obviously would be much bettter in coverage.

Advertisement
Why would you get negged? Most fans agree with you. I like Zach but his play has been atrocious lately. Charles Perry was outplaying him before he got injured, IMO.

That 2nd and 7, after the catch, he just jogged after the receiver. 0 effort. That's as bad as the missed assignments.

McCloud just played his best game last week vs Notre Dame.

He played a bad one, but we don't have anyone better behind him.

McCloud isn't good in space, but he is pretty good at blitzing and run support downhill. It is what it is, hopefully he improves.

This. It's why I'm more frustrated with Manny for asking McCloud to do something he completely sucks at.

Get Amari on the field and spend more time in nickel. At the very least get McCloud off the field on 3rd downs. In the first half our 3rd down package was pathetic.

Advertisement
The play you show where the wr caught the ball and he had Malek to the outside and he converges and over runs the play is just horrible. He had Malek there pushing him inside, how does he get too far inside?

The play you show where the wr caught the ball and he had Malek to the outside and he converges and over runs the play is just horrible. He had Malek there pushing him inside, how does he get too far inside?

Lack of football IQ/awareness.

Plus we know Manny teaches leveraging the football. No excuse for McCloud there.

Advertisement
McCloud isn't good in space, but he is pretty good at blitzing and run support downhill. It is what it is, hopefully he improves.

its like that old saying in boxing,'styles make fights' and I guess that can pertain to players in terms of what system they go up against. Against ND I thought he played a very strong game. Id venture to guess that if Miami should play Oklahoma(knock on wood) you wouldn't see him out there nearly as much

Would it be insane to want to see DJ Dallas on both sides of the ball? He's a playmaker. Love seeing him in the game. Great football instincts.

I've been seeing Wilder popping up more and more lately. He was in quite a bit yesterday , looked good.

A guy who should of redshirted, sat behind an experienced guy, learned, been a special team and spot duty this year and see time his red shirt spot year..

You hope next year and his senior season we reap some type of reward with this growing pains.

Also I will add, goin base defense against 3-4 wide isn't really putting him in position to win..

Advertisement
Posters in here are ridiculous.

Yes McCloud had a bad game. Last week, however, he won ACC LB of the Week. Why didn't OP go back and watch that film. And bench him for who? Perry is hurt and Wilder would not be better.

It's really on Diaz to use McCloud better. He excels playing downhill, not in space. We should be using more nickel and dime sets. But just not playing McCloud? Dumb, even for OP who gets pleasure out of bashing players

Advertisement
he reminds me of matthew thomas. full of athleticism but cant read jack sht. the only thing i give him that MT gives up on too many play Mccloud doesnt seem to have that problem

Advertisement
Back