I present the billboard

this is kind of where I’m at. Hard to take this seriously after 3 weeks of amazing news. But it at least let’s many people know the fans are done ******* around.

Understandable. But we had 3 weeks of amazing news last season and look what happened. At the end of the day until the new season starts, we're still exactly where we were before imo. With a first time HC at the University of Miami who's only proved he's a good coordinator and a great PR guy. That's it. Now he could take the next season by the reigns, close with 10 wins and a great class etc, and I would love that. But I'm done sitting around hoping for the best when this administration has been borderline criminal for 16 years. If the Manny experiment fails BJ has to go with him.

Advertisement
Can you PLEASE change "have" to "has"?

PLEASE?

It's literally what I had before prior to a bunch of people jumping down my throat to change it to "have". There's like pages of threads on it. I'm not an english major or grammar **** and most people aren't either. Bottom line this is getting traction on social media already, and the message is out there. Conjugation nit picking isn't going to sink it.

Advertisement
This is actually much more impactful than a billboard. Having it drive around campus and wherever you want, it will get way more attention and pics on social media than some random billboard in the middle of nowhere.

I'm planning to grab and post pics with a variety of spots in the background.

The people you are trying to convince to fire Blake James aren't the cavemen you're talking about. Some people, obviously not in your circle, are turned off by poor grammar. The message suffers.

"**** Epstein, the fans are getting really sick of Blake James even after all this good news and now they're calling us out too! Maybe we should in fact start considering... wait they didn't conjugate that line right? Oh never mind, they're not serious. Let's sign Blake James to an extension"

The timing is not ideal but people were going to be ****ed regardless of what I did. Wait, give up, doesn't matter. At least it's out there and attacks the big picture problem and Blake directly, not manny or the team.
I feel that but at that point if everyone’s gonna be ****ed no matter what then that means there are more options. Unfortunate timing but I appreciate your efforts either way

Advertisement
C'mon man. What you doing?
I think what he was trying to do is point out that sometimes actions have unintended consequences. Just as the impeachment has driven voters to the POTUS, so too may the rolling billboard dirve support to those already in the athletlic department. We shall see. I hope Manny moots this by having a great season!

It's literally what I had before prior to a bunch of people jumping down my throat to change it to "have". There's like pages of threads on it. I'm not an english major or grammar **** and most people aren't either. Bottom line this is getting traction on social media already, and the message is out there. Conjugation nit picking isn't going to sink it.

1. I don't care what you "had before", if anyone "jumped down your throat" to change it to "have", they were wrong. Maybe they were pranking you. Not my fault, I'm just asking for correct grammar, not for you to justify why you chose incorrect grammar.

2. You don't need to be an "english major" or "grammar ****" to get things right. You could literally type the phrase into Word and then do a grammar check.

3. This is not "conjugation nit picking". It's subject-verb agreement.

4. It's a DIGITAL billboard, you could easily have this fixed. In 2 minutes.

5. Why are you mad at me? I don't give a crap if there is "traction", I am trying to help YOU avoid looking like a buffoon. Just change "have" to "has". It is, quite literally, the correct thing to do.

The driver looks a lot like DBC! Anyway, Billboard approval ratings now up to 49% (would probably be higher if not for the grammar error.)

Advertisement
"**** Epstein, the fans are getting really sick of Blake James even after all this good news and now they're calling us out too! Maybe we should in fact start considering... wait they didn't conjugate that line right? Oh never mind, they're not serious. Let's sign Blake James to an extension"

Not the point, genius.

But, hey, feel free to exaggerate. Sure, bad grammar will lead the BOT to offer Blake an extension.

We are trying to help you. We are trying to save you from ridicule if/when this goes viral.

Open your ears and listen, rather than getting all ****y and defensive.

Seeing someone drowning:
Half of CIS: Throws life preserver.
Other half of CIS: That life preserver is too small. Will they be able to hold on to it? You should've thrown an inflatable boat. So and so was drowning and they got a life preserver in half the time.

Advertisement
Where are all the Hecht moles and sjw's?

I imagine they're hunkered together in some conference room trying to figure out how to stop this rolling juggernaut of free speach.

Perhaps the ole banana in the tailpipe trick might work.

LOL

Fire Blake James!

The same could be said about this moving billboard. The poor guy is going to drive around for two weeks, and at the end of that two weeks nothing will change.
Poor guy? He just bamboozled $8k out of these dudes for two weeks of running personal errands. My ***** reduction surgeon doesn’t even make that kind of scratch on an hourly basis.

Advertisement
Back