"I Need Ya' Supervisor!!!"

Advertisement
He's really lucky that he's still breathing. If I was getting attacked by a dude that big who could cause serious bodily harm to me, I wouldnt hesitate to exercise my 2nd amendment right

Well this may not be the dumbest guy in the NFL it appears some special team player for the jaquars was arrested in a car chase.im sure he will see a supervisor/judge soon also.

That was just a ****ty situation for all involved. Both sides showed restraint until the situation was escalated and ultimately, it doesn't look good for either party.

It was a simple roadside stop. Those should never get to the point it just did and its a breakdown by all involved, including the current culture (police culture, too) we are in.

Malik McDowell being told he was going to be shot by a white police officer, who at any time, could have justified shooting him with lethal intent...yeah, I am not sure many of you in the same situation wouldn't have tried to fight for your life. I'll agree in part with @Tetragrammaton Cane that one of the main issues is that an officer is the "boss" or has the mentality of one in that situation. How difficult was it to simply have a conversation with the man. It starts as a very confrontational situation and an officer expects people to remain cool and compliant with the constant worry or an officer escalating the situation. If you're Malik McDowell...a 6-foot-6 black man...why wouldn't you walk in the store? You know the store has cameras. Many other cops wouldn't have had their body cam or dash cam on - conveniently - in a situation like that.

idk guys...just a ****ty situation for both guys that likely could have been handled by both, in a different manner.

Roadside stops...should be as simple as...here is your citation, if you have an issue, see you in court. No signature needed. Hand it to the guy and be gone. Would wager that curbs a lot of roadside police issues.
Did you even watch the ******* video? If He wasn’t under the influence of drugs or alcohol, he would not of acted that way and completely disrespected an officer of the peace who was simply asking him for his drivers license. He would’ve most likely just gotten a ticket and it would’ve been over with. He acted like a ******* idiot and got what he ******* deserved. Could’ve gotten more. He’s lucky that when he ran at the cop he didn’t get his *** shot.

This is not about race,

somebody queue up the Baker Mayfield runaway video

This is about stupid... he’s lucky he did not get his face bashed in like Baker

Advertisement
I am the first person to crap on a cop for discrimination or overuse of force when it's warranted, and it often is, but that little cop in the OP deserves high praise. He showed a lot of restraint, put his body on the line against a guy that was out of his mind and twice his size, and stood tall and did a great job of doing as little bodily harm to an obviously unwell perp as possible. Called it in, did everything right. We need more cops like him on the job. Protect and serve.

Did you even watch the ******* video? If He wasn’t under the influence of drugs or alcohol, he would not of acted that way and completely disrespected an officer of the peace who was simply asking him for his drivers license. He would’ve most likely just gotten a ticket and it would’ve been over with. He acted like a ******* idiot and got what he ******* deserved. Could’ve gotten more. He’s lucky that when he ran at the cop he didn’t get his *** shot.
This is why y'all in the USA get a bad rap, someone does something kinda silly and you say shoot the guy!? Shoot him!! And you think the guy getting shot is lucky... That's absolutely crazy... The guy shooting sont fearing for his life or notify.

I get it your name is SouthernCane, and you ain't speaking for everyone, heck you may not even be black, I'm not, but I understand the dynamics.
The dude ain't lucky NOT to be shot. The officer should or called back up cause he saw an individual that he physically couldn't handle.

Block me, neg me, ban me whatever but that real truth, were all humans let's act it, dam, life is precious.

So talked to my boy. Apparently he ****ed up the responding officer pretty bad and they don’t think it’s was because he was high. He suffered a brain injury from an ATV crash before ever playing for Seattle. That probably ****ed him up.

Advertisement
The same way they issue a citation for running a red light with a camera at the traffic stop...by the plate information. Not the owner of the car?...just like in the aforementioned scenario...the owner of the automobile is responsible for the driver...he can pay it himself or submit the drivers information to the city the name and contact information so they can forward that citation to him.

There doesn't need to be an interaction or conflict. The police officer doesn't need to know who is in the car specifically. Here is your citation by plate number. Bye.
Sooo just so I understand your position… if someone is driving erratically and a cop suspects that he/she may be a drunk driver, the cop should just get the tag number, and forward the citation on to the drivers address, just to avoid an interaction or conflict? Just let the driver, try to make it on home? Is that your position? Or did I misunderstand what you posted (God, I hope I did.)? And If that’s your position… then, WTF?!
1642561701272.gif

That skit is funny as ****, but it’s not always accurate. A lot of times, even when complying 100%, we still end up in a bad situation. Cause personally, I’ve tasted the hood paint of more than a couple of police cruisers in my day, and wasn’t guilty of ****….. well maybe that one time…. but most of the time, I hadn’t done jack. 😉

Advertisement
Is this the same dude just got arrest in Deerfield walking around naked in the parking lot of a kids learning center?

Advertisement
The cop must have been thinking you gotta be ****ting me when the female officer was the first back-up through the door. That could've gone very different for both of them if he would have really resisted and tried to hurt that cop. Glad nobody died there.

That was just a ****ty situation for all involved. Both sides showed restraint until the situation was escalated and ultimately, it doesn't look good for either party.

It was a simple roadside stop. Those should never get to the point it just did and its a breakdown by all involved, including the current culture (police culture, too) we are in.

Malik McDowell being told he was going to be shot by a white police officer, who at any time, could have justified shooting him with lethal intent...yeah, I am not sure many of you in the same situation wouldn't have tried to fight for your life. I'll agree in part with @Tetragrammaton Cane that one of the main issues is that an officer is the "boss" or has the mentality of one in that situation. How difficult was it to simply have a conversation with the man. It starts as a very confrontational situation and an officer expects people to remain cool and compliant with the constant worry or an officer escalating the situation. If you're Malik McDowell...a 6-foot-6 black man...why wouldn't you walk in the store? You know the store has cameras. Many other cops wouldn't have had their body cam or dash cam on - conveniently - in a situation like that.

idk guys...just a ****ty situation for both guys that likely could have been handled by both, in a different manner.

Roadside stops...should be as simple as...here is your citation, if you have an issue, see you in court. No signature needed. Hand it to the guy and be gone. Would wager that curbs a lot of roadside police issues.
All involved except Malik. He put all those around him in a potentially tragic situation. Thankfully everyone else involved were able to make good decisions since he was clearly not capable thereof.

This is why y'all in the USA get a bad rap, someone does something kinda silly and you say shoot the guy!? Shoot him!! And you think the guy getting shot is lucky... That's absolutely crazy... The guy shooting sont fearing for his life or notify.

I get it your name is SouthernCane, and you ain't speaking for everyone, heck you may not even be black, I'm not, but I understand the dynamics.
The dude ain't lucky NOT to be shot. The officer should or called back up cause he saw an individual that he physically couldn't handle.

Block me, neg me, ban me whatever but that real truth, were all humans let's act it, dam, life is precious.
Then...

1) Don't break the law

2) Comply with instructions from law enforcement

See, act like humans, life is precious.

Advertisement
Back