I Must Say…

Advertisement
If this means what I think it means you are hilarious, and I agree.
Weekend At Bernies Hello GIF

It’s a bottom line business, just like any other business model that is or wants to be successful. The only thing that matters at the end of the day is wins and losses. The stadium has less and less people in it by the week. The fans can see with their own eyes that this is a huge mess, and the deep pockets that Mario has seen up to this point will abandon ship if he doesn’t start to win a bunch of games soon.

Also, try telling your boss that your work does little to help the business, or that you’re losing him/her money by not doing the things that it takes to make their business successful and see how long you’ll be employed.

$80,000,000 should get us way more 11-12 overall and 5-10 in the ACC.
Can’t argue with any of those points except CFB business is a lot different than the real world. If an executive takes over a company that’s been **** for 20 years, no one can expect a quick turnaround. However, they should expect to see progress towards profitability in a RESONABLE amount of time ALL things considered.

Is less than 2 years enough time to judge Mario’s success/failures? ALL things considered, I don’t believe so. Depending on one’s perspective, there are signs positive and negative and Mario’s reputation about certain things aren’t making any positive easy to see.

Mario’s next recruiting class and win/loss results next year will tell us a lot. If he doesn’t look in the mirror and make changes to his philosophy, he’ll continue to underperform to the “standard”.

Miami is still losing to teams they shouldn’t aka Ga Tech and Nc State. The first step is to put that bs to an end.
2 things are undeniable - we haven’t gotten blown out by the likes of MTSU and unlike last year, the guys don’t quit no matter the obstacles and there’s been quite a few either self-inflicted or otherwise.

Advertisement
Let’s look at this on the bright side, if Mario truly fails at least the OL will be in good shape for the next coach and that will be fuel to have instant success with a good offensive scheme.

Looking on the bright side, the last time that we had a coach this bad was during the 70’s, right before the Schnelly, J.J., and Erickson era. Really hoping that history repeats itself in this case, and that our next head coach is finally the dude that turns this program around.
This totally is true and totally sucks! I’m 64 and this started when I was 42. A lifetime of misery as a Cane. I’ll be 72 when Dumbbells contract is up. ****.

Advertisement
My guess is he steps down after year 4 if we keep going 5-7, 6-6 or 7-5. My gut tells me he will do the right thing instead of the Jimbo thing
We can only hope. We all prefer he does a 180 and brings us success but I’d take a resignation at End of Season 2025. That works for me.

Can’t argue with any of those points except CFB business is a lot different than the real world. If an executive takes over a company that’s been **** for 20 years, no one can expect a quick turnaround. However, they should expect to see progress towards profitability in a RESONABLE amount of time ALL things considered.

Is less than 2 years enough time to judge Mario’s success/failures? ALL things considered, I don’t believe so. Depending on one’s perspective, there are signs positive and negative and Mario’s reputation about certain things aren’t making any positive easy to see.

Mario’s next recruiting class and win/loss results next year will tell us a lot. If he doesn’t look in the mirror and make changes to his philosophy, he’ll continue to underperform to the “standard”.
Our class is about to implode. Kids are not dumb. They can see that this man is costing his team games and woefully underutilizing the talent that he has.

How is he gonna recruit to the level that he needs to even reach 9-10 wins if he can’t win games?

Wanted Lane but got on board and had high hopes for Mario. The Utah stuff was still pretty bothersome but believed flipping the roster from JAGs to legit talent would overcome game day corching concerns. Guess not.

Advertisement
Our class is about to implode. Kids are not dumb. They can see that this man is costing his team games and woefully underutilizing the talent that he has.

How is he gonna recruit to the level that he needs to even reach 9-10 wins if he can’t win games?
The sky’s not falling for me yet. On the flip side, they may see, as some have had enough perspective to see, an opportunity for playing time and help turn things around.

It’s all about what prism one chooses to see through.

This totally is true and totally sucks! I’m 64 and this started when I was 42. A lifetime of misery as a Cane. I’ll be 72 when Dumbbells contract is up. ****.
I’m not too far behind you age wise. I would like to at least see my favorite team of all-time in any sport or league be at least good again on a yearly basis.

Advertisement
…that after almost 2 seasons of me repeatedly saying that Mario is the corch of all corches, I’m glad to see so many of the other posters on CiS finally recognizing this.

I hate to have been right, because I really was rooting for him early on. But as I repeatedly said last season, unless he hires a modern and innovative OC and gets the fugg out the way, he will fail miserably here. As I suspected, he is a micro-manager of all things, and refuses to adapt, even after seeing how badly his system is failing.

Throwing players and coaches under the bus is a bad look, specially when he’s directly responsible for the roster and the game day corching. Still hoping that he does the right thing and hands in his resignation sooner rather than later.
I think his style can be successful at a conference championship level, but only with incredible talent. As I see it, the only way he's gonna get incredible talent is if he gets this locker room psychotic about winning football. Imo, that's why he's only 11-12. Unfortunately, physical football is won well before the season starts. Its starts in winter conditioning, off season workouts, summer, etc. and while we are better in this regard, our locker room is not sold on this idea yet. I think we saw this last week when the starting QB stood in front of the team and told them he was gonna be a better leader. I'm thinking, yeah Tyler that's what it takes to be a Power 5 QB. If these guys wanna win consistently, this mindset is not optional. You simply can not win at a high level, playing this brand of football, without unbelievable commitment in your locker room.

Once Mario gets his guys in here and changes the culture we'll be fine
That's gonna be tough. It seems like he's still fighting through that culture, rather than leading the young men there. You can, in some ways recruit culture, but the elite ones lead what they have to good culture.

You underestimate the unwavering belief of the Slurp illuminati

They did the same thing with Randy Shannon and Al Golden. Both guys lost their fanbase in year 4. Forget the pro fan base but the local media really backed both guys a lot. If you called up the local shows being negative you were hung up and called an idiot but in year 4 all of the local media guys knew those guys had to go.

Advertisement
Back