i miss lashlees offense

Lashlee’s running offense was terrible.

Gattis’ passing offense is terrible, plus he is so conservative. Our offense is already limited in terms of playmakers, plus Restrepo was ruled out early. You’d expect a play-caller to have some trickeration up their sleeves to force splash plays. All Gattis had was one flea cleaner.

Advertisement
Only problem I had with the offense was the one series inside the ten where we ran three str8. Other than that it’s lack of execution or ability. ATM has some talent and we couldn’t consistently beat man coverage most of the night, had bad drops, or TVD missed on some throws.
I wish Gattis would employ some of the plays that got Mallory 1v1 in the flat while in the red zone. Eventually we have to let some of the skill we have make plays in space inside the 20.

Ok, so you have Rambo. Cool. What is the OC doing to get the offense going? No motion, no misdirection. Nothing.

He relies on the players to outperform the others. It’s not going to work out unless you’re Alabama or Georgia
Motion was actually decent but it seems like it was used only in on run plays. It’s there. There is no one to take the top safety off as a legit threat. No one to come behind the backers after that. We missed X big time tonight. I want to know the injury story on that one.

As I have said elsewhere, it’s not an exciting offense but it would have gotten the job done tonight had we not had the dropsees. That is not saying much mind you. Not happy with the overall look of it but we played like crap (and put up 400 yards in the process). Statistically we won but didn’t execute when it mattered.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Lashlee's Pass Offense (ever heard of an RPO Gattis?) + Gattis run offense = winning formula

Not that complicated. But Gattis is either too stubborn or stupid to see that. Just copy the passing concepts that worked for TVD all last year.

Yes losing Rambo hurts but you have an entire roster of 4 star WR's. No excuse there

Advertisement
Motion was actually decent but it seems like it was used only in on run plays. It’s there. There is no one to take the top safety off as a legit threat. No one to come behind the backers after that. We missed X big time tonight. I want to know the infirm story in that one.

As I have said elsewhere, it’s not an exciting offense but it would have gotten the job done tonight had we not used the dropsees. That is not saying much mind you. Not happy with the overall look of it but we played like crap (and put up 400 yards mind you). Statistically we won but didn’t execute when it mattered.
I agree with everything you said. But, I honestly feel like A&M isn’t very good. If we played a really good opponent, it would’ve been ugly

Defense played well though, honestly

Advertisement
Really? Is it the coaches that dropped balls or couldn't hit open receivers? Or missed kicks? Or muffed punts? I can't even fathom how many yards we left on the field tonight.

If we don't muff punts and we make field goals we win
You didn’t like the TVD designed qb draw plays in the red zone? Lmfaooo

Gattis is lost in the red zone to the point I would swear we wanted to settle for FGs. So many plays never had any intention of getting the yards needed. He is a run game genius and a pass game Down syndrome child.

The worst thing is we look like it’s a monumental effort to gain a yard through the air. Not a thing is easy with those play calls. The route trees are doomed before we play. Awful awful awful. If we brought in a pass game coordinator we might kick ***. Until then get used to this bs

Advertisement
There were 40+ yard plays where the ball was either dropped or TVD just missed the guy. Bottom line is all that matters, but it's too simplistic to just hang it on the OC.
Gattis and Mario made bad mistakes. But if the guys made plays early those mistakes don’t happen. Gattis was solid up until the red zone. But he makes him money scoring TDs. Gotta fix the red zone offense.

Btw, Lashlee’s offense couldn’t run worth a **** and had a soft OL

Oh the selective memory
Couldn't run worth a **** but still managed to put up points with a worse OL. What's your point?
The guy literally almost lost today because he couldn’t convert a 4th and 1.

Do none of you mental midgets remember e v e r y single game we played against legit defenses with Lashlee?
Oh wow he ALMOST lost. I'd take an almost L over a soul crushing actual L.

Advertisement
Back