I-M-G 7 on 7 Recap Day 1

Advertisement
Not surprised this is going on.

These things are full of coaches who can't coach worth a lick, slimey douchebags, hood cats, recruiters and questionable characters.

I hate the fact that I even have a few kids playing on these teams and being exposed to these characters but I don't wanna hold my kids back from getting extra work against top athletes.

These 7-on-7 teams have become a joke. They're nothing more than recruiting tools for street agents and high school coaches. These guys aren't in this to help the kids. (that's a huge misconception)

Hence the reasons we don't allow our kids to participate

These things are full of coaches who can't coach worth a lick, slimey douchebags, hood cats, recruiters and questionable characters.

I hate the fact that I even have a few kids playing on these teams and being exposed to these characters but I don't wanna hold my kids back from getting extra work against top athletes.

These 7-on-7 teams have become a joke. They're nothing more than recruiting tools for street agents and high school coaches. These guys aren't in this to help the kids. (that's a huge misconception)

So you get it up there too?

SMH

Yea but not as bad. But we don't let our kids participate. Tons of other schools do the same (sta, plant, bolles, etc).

Advertisement

So you get it up there too?

SMH

The coaches complain about it. Our kids don't say a word. They are too busy anyways between track, workouts, 4th quarter drill and visits.

Yea but not as bad. But we don't let our kids participate. Tons of other schools do the same (sta, plant, bolles, etc).

I think we might consider doing this next year. I'm not sure if it's helped my kids in any way, other than competing against/with top flight talent. The benefits definitely haven't outweighed the negatives. They're not learning anything that they don't already learn with us. They're not receiving college offers from it, regardless of what the "coaches" involved will try to make you believe. (they sell themselves on getting kids exposure) And the biggest negative of all, people who are affiliated with other programs are attempting to pull them every chance they get, negative recruiting our program.

Advertisement
Back