I-M-G 7 on 7 Recap Day 1

Tito Benach

Staff Writer
Premium
Canesinsight got the opportunity to cover the I-M-G 7 on 7 with teams playing such as South Florida Express, Florida Fire and Team Tampa.

Team Notes

- Team Fire is legit!, Currently 4-0 going into tomorrow with the first seed most likely. The offense is ridiculous lead by Quinton Flowers and hold receivers such as Jovon Durante and Shawn Burgess.

-The Express didn't get off to the start they wanted to as both their teams have a combined record of 3-5. The offense for both teams isn't producing much and it's forcing the defense to make all the stops. It will be interesting to see how the Express come out tomorrow during elimination rounds.

Top Players

Quinton Flowers- as usual the kid makes it look like a video game, he has to at least have over fifteen touchdowns in the first day. Without a question in my mind he is the best QB at the event.

D'Vante Phillips- showed a lot of his explosiveness today which in my opinion is the one skill many people fail to see. Many see him as a possession receiver but I think he has all the tools to be the best receiver in Dade County.

Ermon Lane- showing his great Talent as usual, speed, hands, route running. The best part about this is, I spoke with someone who has watched Lane since his freshman year and he says Lane doesn't go 100% at these events, but when he does go 100% its a nightmare.

Jovon Durante- Tremendous Athletic ability and he shows it on both sides of the field. He can go up and grab the ball away from a defender, or snatch it away from a receiver. Without a doubt a top prospect in 2015

Shawn Burgess Becker- showing tremendous skill as usual. Didn't have a ton of touchdowns but showed a new ability to get open and jump for fade route.

Duke Dawson- never saw the kid live before, but Miami should be on this kids doorstep everyday. His ability to break up the pass and get physical is ridiculous. He is currently committed to UF, but If I'm Al Golden I'm doing everything to get this kid.

Advertisement
What happened to Alin as the qb of Fire? & Winky is a beast, interested to see where he goes

Last edited by a moderator:
That boy duke Dawson is special. We need a DB like him in the worst way. Haven't had a player in the secondary like him in a min

Advertisement
Alin is focusing on gaining weight from when I asked him. He wants to get stronger and more muscle.

Advertisement
Duke Dawson is going to UF it would be a waste of AL's time. Florida has been all over him for a year he has been to UF over 10 times.

The battle for D'Vante Phillips over the next 2 years is going to be crazy another Florida Miami & Bama battle

Tito did you see Jacques Patrick out there? If so how did he look?

Also who do you think the best corner on SFE is Tito?

Last edited:
Advertisement
The battle for D'Vante Phillips over the next 2 years is going to be crazy another Florida Miami & Bama battle

Cue Michael Jordan laughing gif
121.jpg

Advertisement
Tito did you see Jacques Patrick out there? If so how did he look?

Yes sir, reincarnation of Brandon Jacobs, guys is absolutely huge

Hurlie is doing a good job with Patrick
He looks to be really interested in UM early on we just have to continue to work on him because this time next year he will be in demand

Patrick will visit out of state schools and in the end it will come down to the big 3 in Florida tOSU might have an outside shot because of Urban

Advertisement
Back