I love d$ but I hope he’s off the arch love fest after this…

The NFL values Arch way more than the fans.

Does that mean they are right? Of course not. That story is still being written, and they get things wrong like everyone else.

But you always talk about real football experience and seem to ignore that the “football people” are much more in line with my thinking on this.
Your fallback is always "NFL" like that is somehow a justification for your position that they don't stink in college.

Arch does less with more than possibly any player in the history of college football.
 
Oh My God Omg GIF by ideekreativ
 
Beck was a 72% passer last year. That was through 16 games. He was very consistent outside of Ville game. His problem was the deep ball with an elbow that was still healing. His consistency got him drafted in 3rd round. You can bet Texas would trade for Beck right now if they could. Conversely, Manning was a 61% passer last year and 63% this year. Comparing their accuracy is foolish.
Which is why I said he got better and improved. I'm going back to his UGA' days with inconsistency.
 
It still might work out for him to be a first rounder, in DMoney defense.

GM’s care whole lot more about the name and “how it looks” than actual performance.

Anything can happen, famous last name or not. Remember how high the Dolphins took Ryan Tannehill?
 
Your fallback is always "NFL" like that is somehow a justification for your position that they don't stink in college.
I like NFL data because it is objective and removed from message board emotion.

It also removes the player from his college environment.
 
I keep hearing the “GMs will value his last name” line.

When does that actually happen? The last time I heard this was with Eli Manning, who ended up winning two Super Bowls and throwing for a million yards.

If anything, these legacy first rounders actually overperform relative to the average first round pick (McAffrey, Watt, Matthews x2, Horn, Surtain).

I’ve got a better example for you based on Texas history in the Mack Brown era.

His name was Chris Simms.
 
Why can’t you say something to the effect of:

“Despite Arch failing to come near his lofty expectations out of high school, his lack of development by Texas, his poor mechanics and his continued mistakes when lights shine brightest, Arch will likely be taken in the first round by some team NFL team because of his traits (and pedigree).”

That statement is tough to argue with. The parenthetical is optional. I included it because I believe that to be the case. The rest is factual. Instead, you keep pumping sunshine on this guy. Hence the strong pushback.
I don't necessarily agree with all of your points but in total, it is a well written and fair take. golf clap.
 
Back
Top