I like this class

Not sure why everyone is complaining this much about the DL commitments when our DT's (Jenkins, Wynche, and Valentine) are all big time kids with big time offers and our DE's (Chad, D. Jackson, Trent Harris, and Mike Smith), despite potentially being OLB as well, are big time guys with big time offers as well.

Its a monster haul for DL.

Problem is we struck out the last few years. Then without the JUCOs/ready to play guys it doesn't have the perception that it is a great haul, when it really is. If 2012, 2013 had the same haul as this year, we would be doing backflips at this DL class.
Exactly. We're set up great 2 to 3 years from now. Without juco help to step in for Porter, Renfrow, and Robinson leaving we're in bad shape for next year. Unless we bring in more guys at the "waiver wire" again.

Advertisement
Where are the pretty big holes?

QB? Kaaya, Rosier
RB? Yearby, Powell, Gray
TE? Lockley, Herndon
WR? Berrios, Brady, Langham,
OL: Mcdermott, Linder, Gibbons, Darling
DL: Thomas, Harris, Jackson, Jenkins, Wyche, Valentine Moten
LB: Young, Owens, McCray, Smith
DB: Bethel, Mayes, Turner (more then likely gone, but yea)

I say DB still needs to be worked on, especially safety. But this fallacy all of a sudden the only reason the class is rated high is because of the number of players is bull****. It is balanced with ELITE kids all around. Nothing like Shannon.

Safety=Check

Golden says **** you.

QB? Kaaya, Rosier
RB? Yearby, Powell, Gray
TE? Lockley, Herndon

I say DB still needs to be worked on, especially safety. But this fallacy all of a sudden the only reason the class is rated high is because of the number of players is bull****. It is balanced with ELITE kids all around. Nothing like Shannon.

I'd say only 3-4 are truly elite, but a strong, balanced class.

Still hate that some blue-chippers might be getting away. Having said that...can't deny every position has been addressed. The only complaints anyone can make now are the lack of a "big" running back and the want for another Juco DT to compliment Wyche next season. The next 2 months for this staff can be spent swinging for the fences on Jackson, Cook, Michel, Lane, who the **** ever else.

With this class, the 2015 roster is shaping up nicely.

Advertisement
Much better with 2 safeties. Give me one juco lb and one more juco DT and I'm good. Keep everyone and add Cook for the cherry on top

Still hate that some blue-chippers might be getting away. Having said that...can't deny every position has been addressed. The only complaints anyone can make now are the lack of a "big" running back and the want for another Juco DT to compliment Wyche next season. The next 2 months for this staff can be spent swinging for the fences on Jackson, Cook, Michel, Lane, who the **** ever else.

With this class, the 2015 roster is shaping up nicely.

Full time durable RB, another JUCO DT, and one JUCO LB. Still this is the most balanced class Miami has seen, in I dont even know how many years. Still need to close on some of the remaining local kids, they are still necessities even though all bases are covered right now. This is a class that can take us to the promised land if we can close with JC and one of Cook/Michel.

Looking through the JUCOs, here's who I think is still on the board

Ed Boateng - 3/4 DE - not sure how serious this is but either he's already visited or is visiting, can't remember

Calvin Heurtelou - DT - I'm not sure if he's still in play, but OV over the summer

Lance McDowdell - DT - we were in his top 4 in October, haven't heard anything about him since (good or bad)

Taylor Timmons - DT - he's a bit of a reach, but I think we offered back in the spring - I'm not sure what is up with him but I don't think he committed anywhere

And of course there's Johnson if he doesn't need that class - Apparently Pelon is in some legal trouble or something stupid, doesn't sound like a good reason not to take him but whatever

Losing Stuckey hurts, but WTF do you do?

None of these guys are coming to UM.

Bump

“I like being the aggressor who hits you in the mouth first rather than watching and reacting,”

GUess he don't know about our scheme

Advertisement

Ed Boateng - 3/4 DE - not sure how serious this is but either he's already visited or is visiting, can't remember

Calvin Heurtelou - DT - I'm not sure if he's still in play, but OV over the summer

Lance McDowdell - DT - we were in his top 4 in October, haven't heard anything about him since (good or bad)

Taylor Timmons - DT - he's a bit of a reach, but I think we offered back in the spring - I'm not sure what is up with him but I don't think he committed anywhere

And of course there's Johnson if he doesn't need that class - Apparently Pelon is in some legal trouble or something stupid, doesn't sound like a good reason not to take him but whatever

586.gif

Bump

Lol many negs to tp800

Advertisement

Bump

Lol many negs to tp800

Did jeurtelou or whTever his name is commit to UM? You know for a fact he's going to qualify?

So we got the 2 safeties OP asked for, pretty ******* good ones too, and are pretty close to landing the JUCO DT and possibly another DT. So why is OP still crying in the other thread about this class having holes? Is it because OP is a giant *****?

I don’t think this class is great for 2014. I looked at this class coming in as filling a few holes to get us over the edge in 2014. So far, we haven’t done that and my biggest issues are on defense.

I've been saying for some time that we need 3 JuCo DL: 2 JuCo DTs and a JuCo DE if we're **** bent on playing this 3-4. We have Wyche (for now) and that's it. What will we have behind him next season? Pierre (decent, but regressed) and Earl Moore (unproven). It would have helped immensly to have a guy like Cory Johnson, or Clinkscales or Heurtelou to go with Wyche and Pierre at DT. Valentine should not be relied upon as a true freshman DT no matter how talented he is. That’s a grown man position.

At LB, Kirby wasn't able to supplant Gaines which is worrisome, Perryman is most likely leaving and we're left with Figs, Thurston and what'll be an undersized Grace in a 3-4. Blue hasn't done anything yet and we'll be relying on a couple true freshman LBs to make impacts for us next season. Hopefully we close on a JuCo LB to help with our LB depth issues.

Also at safety, we only have 3 on scholarship right now. We need to bring one in. We can move Burns to safety if need-be, but I'd prefer to let him grow into a more athletic Antrel Rolle.

Also, if we want to win next year (and beat ******* Duke) we need impact guys like a Dixon or Cook or JC Jackson who can impact a game as a true freshman but aren't relied upon. You accent your talent with true freshmen, you don’t lean on them week in and week out.

I liked the way we used AQM this year, but it looks like we’ll be relying heavily on Young and Owens and we’ll have an extremely thin and questionable rotation at DT (right now). Safety looks good with our starting two, but Carter didn’t do anything there this year and there isn’t anything behind them. This class won’t help us take the next step in 2014 which is my biggest issue. It’s loaded for the future, but what about next year?
Get Calvin Heurtolololo and I'll STFU about DTs.

Get another LB like JuCo Dericott and I'll STFU about LBs.

I'll currently STFU about safeties.

Not gonna ***** about Dixon (still a fail). Please get me Cook and Jackson.

Advertisement

QB? Kaaya, Rosier
RB? Yearby, Powell, Gray
TE? Lockley, Herndon

Safety=Check

Golden says **** you.

Reported

Yo Dan, you seem somewhat knowledgable..What other DTs are we looking at from what you know? Seems like the cupboard is getting bare here. And depending on MWyche to be the starting NT next year is a no go in my eyes..
I don't know ****, and I'm not the slightest bit knowledgeable. I just don't think this class is the greatest thing ever like some people do.

Well, I've been following recruiting closely since about '85, and this is shaping up as one of the best classes ever. If we can pull Dalvin Cook and maybe one of the remaining great WRs (Lane or Rudolph) it will be a class for the ages. Of course, this depends on a lot of things, such as keeping a kid like Valentine and not much other attrition.

You never know about classes, who will disappoint, who will surprise. This class might be one of the best, if not the best, I've ever seen at UM.

We did get a second JUCO DT--perhaps not the highest on our board, but not a bad recruit at all. Strong as an ox (545 BP), versatile plays all the DL techniques, but mostly a 3,--and we got two safeties we wanted. Maybe neither is an Ed Reed or Sean Taylor, but I think we've upgraded over the safeties we've had for the last three years (except for Bush).

I think the staff is close to filling the class, they're in the territory where they're just plucking off guys that are extraordinary, even if not on our list of needs, e.g., maybe a Cook, one of the WRs. Almost everything from here on out is just about reeling in some of those special gems.

So we got the 2 safeties OP asked for, pretty ******* good ones too, and are pretty close to landing the JUCO DT and possibly another DT. So why is OP still crying in the other thread about this class having holes? Is it because OP is a giant *****?

you are ******* retarded. Try reading. I'll point you in the right direction- read post 86

Advertisement
Back