I have 100% confidence in our run D this season

Canezum5 must be a.k.a. cavalier, lol, yeah man, now how did i know Insanez1 was I-talian, hat makes it even more funnier, his comments told it all, like you said, he blaming the players, when it was obvious from game 1 the moron's didnt have it. Yeah, his "get out" big sister always coming to his aide once the heat started flying, than those clowns wanted to keep blocking my post as if they were the only ones with the internet, like you said, he probably smashed, LOL, good for him. I wasnt tampering down a damyum thing, they thought they were going to have it sweet and take shots on the sneak tip without nobody saying nothing. Yeah man, let the felka's know what's, you was one of the only ones who kept it 100 as well, LoL, always good to know when you aint got to look over in the fox hole and wonder who over their and see somebody else putting out strong content. They jacked it up, they kept going out on a limb with a saw, i take it that sight is done.

Advertisement
you guys got me pump OMG , here's a memory back in the day playing high school ball with Tony Chickillo's (old man) and his brother Mike back in the 70's my self went both ways and Tony only played DT Mike DE and Jamie Boone QB,corner ,safety geez everywhere UM alumni .
Before games on Thursdays last day in pads before games walking off practice field , I'd yell out HEY CHICK I AIN'T HEARD NO WHISTLE DID YOU ????.

F BOMBS START FLOWING OMG

The whole team would start yelling and whooping it up circling around us , I'd draw a line in the dirt and IT WAS ON TILL HELMETS COME OFF.coach Skeens would stop it so teeth would stay in our heads.

WE WERE READY......WE MADE EACH OTHER THE BEST LIKE NO OTHER.

LOVE FIGHTS AT PRACTICE ALWAYS A GOOD SIGN.........WE READY

GOCANES

Big player gooner, i think you should check your stats about the last 3 games my man we gave up an avg of 3.2yrds per rush in the last 3 games. And if you take away the sacks, it goes up a lil more, if you averaging 3 yrds or more a rush, you gone consistently move the chains!

Big player gooner, i think you should check your stats about the last 3 games my man we gave up an avg of 3.2yrds per rush in the last 3 games. And if you take away the sacks, it goes up a lil more, if you averaging 3 yrds or more a rush, you gone consistently move the chains!
It was 2.9, and no other teams take away sack yardage in their average, why would we? Because it helps you guys act like the Run D wasn't pretty **** good?

but, here you go, take a look College Football Stats - College FB Team Opponent Yards per Rush Attempt on TeamRankings.com

What you think about the passing #s we gave up, you like them???

Good god do some research. the number one Rushing d in the nation gave up 2.8 ypc. In the Top 20 the ypc ranges from 2.9 to 3.8 ypc. Geez, learn the game.

Advertisement
Ok, here is what i got total rushing yards against us for the last 3 games:
Pitt had 175yrds on 41attempts=4.2
Clemson 85yrds on 41attempts=2.0
Wisconsin 152yrds on 42attempts=3.7
412 total yrds rushed against us minus -15 sack yrds =397total yrds÷124attempts=3.2yrds against us the last 3 games.

While other teams dont negate their sack yardage, if you're a d-co you looking at damyum, if we not getting sacks, their run game, espedially taylor was avg 5yrds a run. That's not good run defense. Also as a d-co you gotta take away and not look at sacks yrds lost cause you need to see who was successful,case in point, Fsu, between cam akers and jaques patrick they totaled 212yrds rushing on 31 attempts=6.8yrd avg.
But if you throw in the noonie murray 3yrd run, and the minus -10 +10 attempts by blackman you'd be looking at 205yrds total ÷42attmpts=4.8yrd avg, still pathetic run defense.

You got to guage how the runningbacks are punishing your defense, this also explains why our pass defense suffered as well, i luv jaquan johnson and what he brings to the field, but if your safety is leading the team in tackles, that's a great sign that our run defense is not their yet and wasnt there under coach kool.

Ok, here is what i got total rushing yards against us for the last 3 games:
Pitt had 175yrds on 41attempts=4.2
Clemson 85yrds on 41attempts=2.0
Wisconsin 152yrds on 42attempts=3.7
412 total yrds rushed against us minus -15 sack yrds =397total yrds÷124attempts=3.2yrds against us the last 3 games.

While other teams dont negate their sack yardage, if you're a d-co you looking at damyum, if we not getting sacks, their run game, espedially taylor was avg 5yrds a run. That's not good run defense. Also as a d-co you gotta take away and not look at sacks yrds lost cause you need to see who was successful,case in point, Fsu, between cam akers and jaques patrick they totaled 212yrds rushing on 31 attempts=6.8yrd avg.
But if you throw in the noonie murray 3yrd run, and the minus -10 +10 attempts by blackman you'd be looking at 205yrds total ÷42attmpts=4.8yrd avg, still pathetic run defense.

You got to guage how the runningbacks are punishing your defense, this also explains why our pass defense suffered as well, i luv jaquan johnson and what he brings to the field, but if your safety is leading the team in tackles, that's a great sign that our run defense is not their yet and wasnt there under coach kool.
College Football Stats - College FB Team Opponent Yards per Rush Attempt on TeamRankings.com

That's TWICE now I've posted this, can you not read it?

Dont let the year end stats get in the way of the Truth, runningbacks were doing work against our defense for the most part, do not be deceived.

Advertisement
Run D was generally solid last year. Miami finished tied for 8th nationally with 3.5 yards per carry allowed.

Anybody says 3.5 ypc is bad run defense knows absolutely nothing about football. If your offense only averaged 3.5 yards per carry, you'd have one of the worst rushing offenses in college football.

You know better than this, Z. An offense averaging 3.5 ypc isn't guaranteed 3.5 yards every time they run the ball. If that was the case, you could average 2.5 ypc, go for it on every 4th down and be unstoppable on offense.
Dont try to explain that to the folks who dont even know what the top rated Defense in the nations numbers looked like. They clearly do not know the game.

You keep reposting wrong math than, how did they come up with 2.9yrds, go and look at the individual game stats yourself, and you do the math, alot of these websites people reference are trash. Runningbacks is what i go by, those stats you keep posting reminds me of how the last moron regime tried to justify that garbage defense they ran here, trying to use year end stats but we playing Georgia tech, they are around our 3yrd line and he has the linebackers and safeties lined up about 3 to 4 yards off the line of scrimmage. I know you smarter than them man.

You keep reposting wrong math than, how did they come up with 2.9yrds, go and look at the individual game stats yourself, and you do the math, alot of these websites people reference are trash. Runningbacks is what i go by, those stats you keep posting reminds me of how the last moron regime tried to justify that garbage defense they ran here, trying to use year end stats but we playing Georgia tech, they are around our 3yrd line and he has the linebackers and safeties lined up about 3 to 4 yards off the line of scrimmage. I know you smarter than them man.
My main man CALVIN...….READ THIS SLOWLY PLEASE:

ALL COLLEGE FB TEAMS ARE JUDGED OFF THE SAME DATA, THAT'S WHY THAT LINK IS CORRECT AND YOURS IS WRONG

It's not just RB DATA, IT IS ALL RUSHING DATA, and they are ALL based off the same, so it's RELATIVE to one another

we good here now man??????

You know...it was a legit question that I thought maybe you had some insight into the teaching of coach Simpson but since you want to go this route.....you don't know what techniques he's teaching from the 1-2 minute videos or anything You are stupid as fck. You had the nerve to write that BS like you are actually on the staff. LOLOLOLOLOL

You think our coaches would release info that our rivals could use? LOLOLOLOLOL

FOH
You really made yourself look like a fool. I went to camps with my kids and you learn alot about coaches technique coaching at these camps and the videos of the camps. Really a bad look fella.

Advertisement

Simpson
---------------------

Kul

As you can see, Coach Kul has a huge emphasis on techniques that avoid engaging lineman. He dedicates most of his drills to rip moves and swim moves. The drills are reinforced with repetition using the TECHNIQUES said coach believes in. The fact that you think i cant learn this from these videos is laughable at best.

Coach Simpson shows more of a dedication to engagement/and awareness without reckless penetration. I think his techniques fit Diaz defense better.

Im not replying to you after this, dude. Ive officially destroyed your entire argument. Keep typing and get beat tf up when we meat tf up, hoe.
This is one of the best slams ever. Guy is a tool. Well done.

I take it you havent looked aat the individual game stats and done the math yourself. Or looked at the runningback stats against us. My responses have been in reference to the title of this thread. But i understand where you coming from, you have complete confidence in the run defense by looking wrong year end stats. And I know now, if i was building a coaching, you'd be on the offensive side of the ball. If you need year end stats to know whether you got a good run defense or not but dont trust you own eyes, i understand!

But i tell you what, you will notice a difference in our run defense this year under coach simpson. He to me is a better overall d-line coach than coach kool. Shouts out to coach richt for having clout and hiring somebody he wanted, instead of going with the consensus candidates, coach richt hired coach simpson real UM syle.

We got so called 3 star d-ends doing work, got one the way up in rosseau, Jahfari coming 3 starring it, like manny said, we dont recruit stars we recruit who they evaluated, that's real recruiting.

Advertisement
So before your theory - loosely applied word, has any validity, it does not, analyze other teams. We will be waiting.
1. I do not require your validation

2. I don't need to analyze other teams. The purpose of my post was to analyze our team, so that I might better understand our results. This is the problem with cherry picking stats to suit a narrative. Allowing 3.5 yards per rush might be fine for some teams. Being 24th in the nation, just inside the top quintile, isn't too shabby by itself. It's only when you pair it with allowing 147 rush yards per game--79th in the nation, averaging only 3 yards to gain on defensive 3rd downs, and subsequently, ranking 74th in the nation in 3rd down defensive 3rd down efficiency.

I don't really care where we ranked in any one stat in relation to any other team. Put it all together, and we were a defense that opposing offenses ran on with a moderate to good enough consistency that they maintained short yardage 3rd downs, and thus kept the chains moving and sustained long drives.

I mean, does it really make a **** if you're 24th in yards per carry if teams still feel confident enough to run the ball enough that you are 79th in rushing yards per game?

Great last post, they seem to have been snake bitten by the last moron regime, using year end stats and using strategic language to buy more time saying things like "we're trending up" in came julio who basically said, get rid of these clowns. And coach richt being the goon that he is wanted hatdly nobody that was tainted by that regime on staff, coach richt Free-breezed the coaching staff.

One things for sure about coach richt, he's a straight shooter, so if he says the o-line is coming along, you can best believe we bout one year out. We got guys like herbert and dykstra working their way up, with donaldson already making his mark, gaynor on the come up, deleone, reed, campbell, itll only be a matter of time, but the development has begun!

You are becoming the leading candidate for our new graduate assistant OC position if you keep trying to justify that title of this thread with those year end closing sale stats.

It's like trying to say the malls were busy all year when you average out how much traffic came thru the malls in November and December.

Advertisement
Back