I hate Kayaa more each game

Y'all realize he is a TRUE SOPHMORE, right? I mean, this *** hole coach put the entire program and his coaching future on a 19 year old. Kid has held up well if you ask me. Are there 10 qbs in America that you would rather have? His completion percentage, yards and td/into ratio are all solid. And he is playing behind a fairly poor oline.

Is he superman, no. But he is **** good.

You're missing the point. His age and the coaching have little to do with his lack of heart. He is not willing to sacrifice anything to win. Dive for the **** ball. Oh, and work with a track coach in your spare time. 5.4 is pathetic.

You have no idea if/what he sacrifices on a daily basis.

Advertisement
Y'all realize he is a TRUE SOPHMORE, right? I mean, this *** hole coach put the entire program and his coaching future on a 19 year old. Kid has held up well if you ask me. Are there 10 qbs in America that you would rather have? His completion percentage, yards and td/into ratio are all solid. And he is playing behind a fairly poor oline.

Is he superman, no. But he is **** good.

You're missing the point. His age and the coaching have little to do with his lack of heart. He is not willing to sacrifice anything to win. Dive for the **** ball. Oh, and work with a track coach in your spare time. 5.4 is pathetic.

He looks shell shocked out there sometimes.

Last edited:
Kaaya doesn't throw the ball over the middle well? everyone needs to stop comparing everyone to Ken Dorsey, who played well, with many elite athlete around him. Ken didn't play to well though when his oline failed against OSU in the championship game.

Dorsey as much as I loved him didn't get touched once his junior or senior year and had #1 draft picks at every position. Just dumb comparison.

List the first round draft picks that started on offense in 01 and 02.

Andre Johnson
Bryant McKinnie
Jeremy Shockey
Kellen Winslow II
Willis McGahee
Vernon Carey

Dorsey's Junior Season

Andre Johnson
Bryant McKinnie - JR
Jeremy Shockey - SR

Dorsey's Senior Season
Andre Johnson - SR
Kellen Winslow II - SOPH
Willis McGahee - JR
Vernon Carey - RS SOPH

Point is he didn't have 1st round draft picks at every position. Heck in 2001 he only had 3 players from the state or Florida. Dorsey had 1 really good WR and 1 really good TE to throw too. Point is Brad Kaaya isn't better than Dorsey and Dorsey wen't in the 7th round, yet half this board talking as if he is going 1st round after his junior season. Kaaya may develop but at this point he isn't elite and based off his progression from year 1 to year 2 I don't see him developing into one.

why didn't you comment on the major difference between dorsey's oline compared to Kaaya's? and maybe not every receiving option dorsey had was a 1st rounder (like anyone has that) but they had talent and were much better coached. the comparison is ridiculous and is completely emotional reasoning. i believe players take on the personality of the coach. dorsey's team had butch's personality while our current guys have Folden's.

Of our issues, Brad Kayaa is very low on the list. He has been over sold as the SAVIOR, but he **** sure is the best qb we have had since Dorsey. Give Herman Kayaa and dude is ACC player of the yr.

Btw, he may have only been sacked 10 times, but check the hurries.

Advertisement
Of our issues, Brad Kayaa is very low on the list. He has been over sold as the SAVIOR, but he **** sure is the best qb we have had since Dorsey. Give Herman Kayaa and dude is ACC player of the yr.

Yeah, maybe Herman would get him a track coach so he could run a sub-5.0 40.

Who give a flying funk about his ability to run. He throws the ball really well. Last I checked he played qb. No need to turn your AL hatred on the players. We got out coached today. Has anyone noticed how many yard the defense is still giving up? Teams are out flanking us cause that idiot DC is still on the staff getting punked.

This isn't on kayaa, yearby or any player. This is all about fedora pushing in no d's ****

As a pocket passer, he should have more pocket awareness. That sac and fumble was all on him IMO. He took too long to get rid of the ball and kept looking in one direction until he was hit. Maybe he needs a better QB coach? Dorsey would do wonders with him.
His total lack of mobility is also a problem when the pocket collapses.

Last edited:
Kaaya lacks the IT factor that it takes to be a real winner on this level. And he comes off as soft every game.

I have been more impressed watching some of the throws that Jacory and Stephen have made during their time over Kaaya so far.

Last edited:
Advertisement
This is laughable Dorsey had an all American LT and RT had Portis, had moss, had an assortment of other studs all around him and he had a great defense that gave him the ball.

Biggest problem or not - when your leader is not delivering on the field you have a problem. When your quarterback is not consistently producing at an elite level, but at the same time appears to be in no danger of competition, you have a really big problem.

Terrible first half - 3 turnovers, 3 missed opportunities for TDs with open receivers. Knocked on his *** two weeks after coming back from concussion and down 30+ and the backup that lead you to a road win over Duke sees no light of day. Problem.

Who give a flying funk about his ability to run. He throws the ball really well. Last I checked he played qb. No need to turn your AL hatred on the players. We got out coached today. Has anyone noticed how many yard the defense is still giving up? Teams are out flanking us cause that idiot DC is still on the staff getting punked.

This isn't on kayaa, yearby or any player. This is all about fedora pushing in no d's ****

You too are missing the point. The fact of the matter is that Kaaya would be a BETTER QB if he was capable of avoiding a pass rush (a necessity when you're lining up behind a group of pudgy pansies) and if he was capable of picking up a first down with his feet every once in awhile. But he clearly doesn't even work on that part of his game--his 40 time is inexplicable. He is like a golfer who can hit the ball a mile, but refuses to work on his putting game. Like his refusal to dive for that loose ball in the first quarter, his lack of dedication to improving areas of weakness says something about his character and ability to lead the team.

Advertisement
The worse coRching staff in Miami football history, one of the worse OLs in Miami football history and you guys are killing another player....lmao at all of you.

Dorsey as much as I loved him didn't get touched once his junior or senior year and had #1 draft picks at every position. Just dumb comparison.

List the first round draft picks that started on offense in 01 and 02.

Andre Johnson
Bryant McKinnie
Jeremy Shockey
Kellen Winslow II
Willis McGahee
Vernon Carey

Dorsey's Junior Season

Andre Johnson
Bryant McKinnie - JR
Jeremy Shockey - SR

Dorsey's Senior Season
Andre Johnson - SR
Kellen Winslow II - SOPH
Willis McGahee - JR
Vernon Carey - RS SOPH

Point is he didn't have 1st round draft picks at every position. Heck in 2001 he only had 3 players from the state or Florida. Dorsey had 1 really good WR and 1 really good TE to throw too. Point is Brad Kaaya isn't better than Dorsey and Dorsey wen't in the 7th round, yet half this board talking as if he is going 1st round after his junior season. Kaaya may develop but at this point he isn't elite and based off his progression from year 1 to year 2 I don't see him developing into one.

why didn't you comment on the major difference between dorsey's oline compared to Kaaya's? and maybe not every receiving option dorsey had was a 1st rounder (like anyone has that) but they had talent and were much better coached. the comparison is ridiculous and is completely emotional reasoning. i believe players take on the personality of the coach. dorsey's team had butch's personality while our current guys have Folden's.

Come on Andrew don't be an idiot. Dorsey was barely ever touched behind our OL.

Advertisement
If our O Line wasn't this bad I doubt we would be seeing these ridiculous comments. I understand the anger and frustration, but to point the finger at Kayaa is going overboard. Same goes for the ones calling out Yearby. SMH!

Kaaya had a great O line and a great running game last year and still managed to find a way to under perform in the big games when the chips are on the line.

That is really how QB's should be judged. Not on how well you played against Bethune Cookman or Po Diddly St. But how do you perform in the second half against the top teams on your schedule and in that regard the kid has been horrible.

I don't blame him specifically but he just doesn't have the tools necessary to be one of the GREATS.

I know it rustles some of your panties but the truth is the truth. The kid has never passed the eye test when the chips are down.

His utter lack of mobility and lack of composure when plays break down are my biggest concerns. For every nice play he makes he manages to bonehead just as many wide open receivers.

The fans built him up now they're the ones ripping him apart. I said last year to stop comparing him to KD and other Cane greats. He's not that yet, let him actually prove he's great.

He's not great or really good, but he doesn't suck either. I consider him a nice piece to start a new coach off with.

Advertisement
Back