CFB I don't want to hear 5 year rebuild ever again..

I believe if Mario had a hot tub time machine, he'd purge that roster going into the 2022 season...
Absolutely. There would be a few things he'd go back and tell himself.

Mario has usually had good assistants...numerous OC/DC hires go on to become head coaches...last year was a rare swing and a miss for him with assistants...but he might be back in his BAG again. Maybe we got his next Scott Satterfield and Andy Avalos. The vibe was good, I felt. Team didn't play tight at all. Just got to get all 11 to start executing a little better on each side of the ball, at least more consistently. Cut down on the self-inflicted wounds. Start to really come together as a whole team. We might be cooking a meal.

Florida State went from 5-7 to 10-3 last year really with just improved offensive line play (that elevated the play of the QB and run game) and the emergence of a tall go-to WR. We have those things. Why not us?

Advertisement
You don’t get it. Prime was in an Allstate commercial with Nick Saban today.

Saban had to become the Goat. Prime hasn’t won anything and he’s standing next to him on national tv.

That star power is 1 in a million for coaches. You’ll never have that kind of draw for a new coach again

I’m sure how long he can keep that up. However, you are right if he continues to play both ways

There are going to be a lot of games where he doesn't have to play that much. But this one...Colorado wanted and needed this one. Game 1, all eyes on'em during the NOON slot...he needed to die to come off the field. Big time players...you know how it is.

Suck My Dick GIF

Advertisement
They'll win more then 5 games bro. The whole conference have no defense. They'll be in a shoot out Just about every week. I'll give them 6 maybe 7. 8 at the most
They may not play D, but there's no way they will be worse than TCU. TCU may be one of the worst defenses in the country, I'm talking about firmly in the bottom 15% nationally. Never mind the fact that CU is lacking depth and as the season goes on, you will see attrition take a toll. You really think that daddy ball to Hunter will be a viable game plan 6 weeks from now, with him taking 90+ snaps per game? Good luck.

This was a solid first win for Deion, but let's stop pretending that this changes everything. A lot of the issues most people saw are still there, it's a very unbalanced roster, and honestly, you can't count on a team leaving 10+ points on the field every single week in order for you to win. TCU merely walks away with FGs on the two egregious picks, they win the game. . I'm not even including the missed FG.

Advertisement
They may not play D, but there's no way they will be worse than TCU. TCU may be one of the worst defenses in the country, I'm talking about firmly in the bottom 15% nationally. Never mind the fact that CU is lacking depth and as the season goes on, you will see attrition take a toll. You really think that daddy ball to Hunter will be a viable game plan 6 weeks from now, with him taking 90+ snaps per game? Good luck.

This was a solid first win for Deion, but let's stop pretending that this changes everything. A lot of the issues most people saw are still there, it's a very unbalanced roster, and honestly, you can't count on a team leaving 10+ points on the field every single week in order for you to win. TCU merely walks away with FGs on the two egregious picks, they win the game. . I'm not even including the missed FG.
I think they will be bowl eligible that's about it. U say 5. I'll give them six. They'll get another 5. 1 more next week against a sorry Nebraska team that can't stop nobody. You did bring up some good points

Advertisement
5 year rebuild on that defense though :oops:
Nah man. Word is Deion's recruiting strategy is to let the recruits take the bag at other schools, then flip them on signing day....

Bold strategy, but it could work...

Great game for Colorado. No one gave them any respect or chance. Terrible team last year and Deion is a polarizing figure. I‘m not sure why anyone things what Sanders did with his roster is a gimmick. He wants to recruit and may end up excelling at it, but he knew he wasn’t going to win anything with last year’s returning players and his first recruiting class. Instead he used the system and his ’presence’ to mine the transfer portal. Give him credit.

Colorado still may only be a .500 team once good teams get game tape. We’ll see.

TCU’s defense is trash, Big 12 quality. Many players returning, but not their all-star QB. Morrison cost TCU 14 points with a pair of endzone interceptions. At the same time Colorado missed 14 points on two missed deep passes to Hunter.

I want to see Colorado play Oregon, USC, UCLA, and Utah.

FYI this ain’t the same TCU team from last year. They’re No. 118 out of 133 FBS teams in returning production. Lost almost everyone. Let’s see how this season goes first

Advertisement
To me, looking at this offseason compared to Mario's first here, he definitely 'adjusted'. This years team has a completely different makeup from last years.

I don't think Sanders' approach works long-term.

That TCU defense looked like the Middle Tennessee State game. Talk about falling off from last year. Embarrassing. No tackling or tackling your man forward quite a skill set

Their QB also sucked. That is not a good TcU team. Good win for deion but ppl are acting like TCu is some world beater. I don’t give a **** what they did last year this team doesn’t have the players it had last year. This is a ****** tcu team that got beat by a little less ****** Colorado team. Congrats to deion and those kids.

Yes it also shows you can flip your roster quickly which Mario is working to do. The amount of deion **** sucking I’m seeing all over the internet for beating a 7 win type TcU team is nauseating. Then we have to deal with 10000000000 million Aflac deion commercials as well. **** is annoying as ****

Advertisement
Back