I don't think Manny understands the gravity of the situation he's in

I look forward to your takes on coaching deficiencies, We. When’s the last time you’ve seen a football coach flop this badly in HS or college?
Jennings B. Whitworth, Bama 1955 went winless and benched Bart Starr. He coached so poorly that black folks realized white supremecy was a fraud and began refusing to give up their seats on local buses.

Rosa Parks reputedly said, “no way I’m giving up my seat to anyone why shares a genetic heritage with that Neanderthal Whitworth.”

Advertisement
Concur. Oregeron has a pedigree. Hired by Jimmy and then stayed on with Dennis. Then coached with Pasqualoni who won the Big East 3 years in a row. Coached for Carroll who won a national title. Then hired by Les Miles, who did win a national title at LSU.

Honestly, what has Diaz accomplished as a position coach or DC? Never won a conference.

I would like to know the thought process and conversations that took place leading to the decision to hire Diaz as the HC.....Athletic program at a major university with an illustrious legacy hiring people like a Mom and Pop pizza joint....typical Miami banana republic cronyism (I suspect).

If your words are gospel. Then Miami is headed for another 6-6 type of season. Because with the exception of FCS Towson St., Miami will play some TOUGH squads in Temple, UAB and Michigan St. Yes Michigan St., only because Dantonio is the GREATER head coach. Witness FIU's surprising win Saturn evening past. Oh. Michigan St. is CRAPPY ala Miami this season and Dantonio may not be back next season.

By the way, Temple finishes 8-4 with a lot of starters returning. The same goes for UAB, which finished 9-3. Yikes.

Of those non-conference games. Only tiny Towson St. is a GUARANTEE win. Ouch.

Then there's the usual ACC teams and Miami finished 4-4 this season and will probably hold par or shoot one OVER PAR next season. hUh.
I really hate to make up scenarios or look ahead to next season already BUT imagine if Miami starts next season with a loss to Temple? Yikes.

Exactly. And that’s what people don’t get. Firing those guys was the easy move. Everyone wanted a new offense, and that’s what Manure promised. Then he hires the 2011 CMU staff to install and run a 1980s George Perles offense.
Same reason BJ is not firing Mandy this offseason.

“Sorry boss about spending that extra $3m on Manny instead of considering Mike Norvell for $1m. I’ll get around to doing a coach search next time.”

I would like to know the thought process and conversations that took place leading to the decision to hire Diaz as the HC.....Athletic program at a major university with an illustrious legacy hiring people like a Mom and Pop pizza joint....typical Miami banana republic cronyism (I suspect).
Here it is, not a word missing:

James: ’…[hmmm, I wonder how many M&Ms were in that container at the checkout counter? mmmmm, M&Ms ... yummmmmy. Oh, hey, look at that guy, great abs. Handsome, too. Oh, hahahahaha that’s a mirror, and he’s the guy behind me ... (blushes) … Ouch! Be tender. … Hmmm ... Manny is such a manly name. Like, MAN-Eee. Mannnnnnn. Yeah, that’s the guy. Manny. cool. Yeah.]

Advertisement
I really hate to make up scenarios or look ahead to next season already BUT imagine if Miami starts next season with a loss to Temple? Yikes.

well, every imaginable humiliating loss short of losing to FAMU or Bethune cookman has occurred so why not having the Temple Owls pull our collective shorts down on national Tv?

True. You are paying Enos $1.5 million. Add another $1 million and you can bring in a proven coordinator. You could probably get Charlie Strong for $2 million and bring in some quality position coaches. Save your 2020 season at least to start and save on the 2020 buyout for Diaz. Season ticket drop off alone would justify spending money on coordinators.

The problem with bringing someone like strong is that when Diaz get fired flake will hire strong and the dog and pony show will continue

after the bowl game , it’s about to get real

Attachments

• AD1589BB-A9DF-4C14-BD51-98A186592209.jpeg
    AD1589BB-A9DF-4C14-BD51-98A186592209.jpeg
    743.7 KB · Views: 0
Advertisement
HuH! The only team in 21st Century " major football " to be a solid DOUBLE-DIGIT favorite in FOUR games and lose THREE of those games! And may I remind you that those games were all in the comfy confines of HRS and Miami's old stomping grounds. And dig this too. Miami NARROWLY and may I say, LUCKILY defeated Central Michigan. A CM squad starting a 2nd string QB, who happen to be a CONVERTED running back! duh.

By the way, here's an example of a very good HC and a legitimate Top 12 program and how they BOUNCED BACK after an unthinkable lost. Wisconsin was also a double-digit favorite and were beaten by Illinois. ILLINOIS! Yet, Coach Cryst bounced back, along with the team, and now their playing in another Big 10 championship game.

So yes, it's embarrassing for Miami to lose to both FIU, for the first time in school history, and to lose to Duke two seasons in a row. The first time that's happened since joining the ACC.

Now get the FUNK outta' my face!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mack, those losses to Gatech and FIU should literally happen about once every other decade(especially if you're the home team) -- the fact it happened three times in a season is astounding(and not in a good way)

Randy Shannon had a nine win season on his resume and the best he could do after getting fired from Miami was a LB gig at Arkansas (eventually made it back to the DC level but took him several years). Al Golden won 9 games too one year and is now a positional assistant in the NFL.

Manny is staring 7-6, at best, square in the face as well likely termination in year 2 if he doesn't right the ship NOW (Blake is worthless but the folks with $$$ will ensure this occurs). Unlike his predecessors, he won't have 4 or 5 years of experience as a major CFB head coach on his resume. Unlike his predecessors, he also wasn't an accomplished coordinator (like Shannon) or an 'up-and-coming' or 'hot' HC candidate' (like Golden) when he got the Miami job. He was a failed DC at Texas and a lazy, panicked hire by an incompetent AD coming off of 1 truly elite season as a DC in Coral Gables.

My point is that Manny will be lucky to land a position coaches gig at the P5 level if/when he meets his demise and he sure as **** will never be a HC at this level again (Group of 5 if he's lucky). Perhaps there isn't any internal pressure from the AD to make changes now, but history shows us that Blake has absolutely no say when it comes to coaching terminations (see Golden).

I still believe that Manny has a chance to succeed if he surrounds himself with the right people, similarly to what Orgeron has done at LSU. I said that about Golden as well and he was loyal to the end about getting rid of D'Onofrio. I said the same thing about Richt as well when he refused to fire his son. Neither coach is doing anything of relevance at the moment and likely never will again. Hopefully Diaz is smart enough to realize this or he will suffer a similar, if not worse fate.

Manny can’t compare to coach O.

Coach O is a great motivator and recruiting all he’s missing is X’s and O’s.

Manny is not that. He needs to rethink everything he thought he knew.

Randy Shannon had a nine win season on his resume and the best he could do after getting fired from Miami was a LB gig at Arkansas (eventually made it back to the DC level but took him several years). Al Golden won 9 games too one year and is now a positional assistant in the NFL.

Manny is staring 7-6, at best, square in the face as well likely termination in year 2 if he doesn't right the ship NOW (Blake is worthless but the folks with $$$ will ensure this occurs). Unlike his predecessors, he won't have 4 or 5 years of experience as a major CFB head coach on his resume. Unlike his predecessors, he also wasn't an accomplished coordinator (like Shannon) or an 'up-and-coming' or 'hot' HC candidate' (like Golden) when he got the Miami job. He was a failed DC at Texas and a lazy, panicked hire by an incompetent AD coming off of 1 truly elite season as a DC in Coral Gables.

My point is that Manny will be lucky to land a position coaches gig at the P5 level if/when he meets his demise and he sure as **** will never be a HC at this level again (Group of 5 if he's lucky). Perhaps there isn't any internal pressure from the AD to make changes now, but history shows us that Blake has absolutely no say when it comes to coaching terminations (see Golden).

I still believe that Manny has a chance to succeed if he surrounds himself with the right people, similarly to what Orgeron has done at LSU. I said that about Golden as well and he was loyal to the end about getting rid of D'Onofrio. I said the same thing about Richt as well when he refused to fire his son. Neither coach is doing anything of relevance at the moment and likely never will again. Hopefully Diaz is smart enough to realize this or he will suffer a similar, if not worse fate.
The problem is it’s too late to surround with right people. Those people know he’s sunk and have no desire to drown too.

Head of the BOT is a "diversity / inclusion" expert. He's done the calculus just fine & sees no reason / pressure to try harder or be held to account.

Advertisement
The problem is it’s too late to surround with right people. Those people know he’s sunk and have no desire to drown too.
People talk about money is undefeated and reference Kendall Briles going to FSU. Kendall Briles went to FSU because he was desperate and they were the only major program equally desperate enough to ignore the taint of his last name.

Advertisement
Back