I don't think Manny understands the gravity of the situation he's in

Advertisement
I get the Manny hate and I’m on board with firing him if by some miracle that happens, but let’s not rewrite history and pretend he was a loser DC that nobody wanted. He did a **** of a job at La Tech, Miss St, and Miami after his failed tenure at Texas so he revamped his career enough into getting the HC position at Temple. UM has proven to be too much for him.
Too early to tell.

Bottom line, Manny flopped harder than almost any first year coach similarly situated. Look at our last 3 classes and tell me this is a 6-6 team that should lose to Duke, GT and of course FIU.

Other than the tradition of giving bums multiple years to fail, there is no reason he should be retained. He can’t coach or run a program.

thats the bottom line. People think getting rid of enos will fix things. What OC worth his salt will want to coach for a disaster for a lame duck coach? Answer - none

If your words are gospel. Then Miami is headed for another 6-6 type of season. Because with the exception of FCS Towson St., Miami will play some TOUGH squads in Temple, UAB and Michigan St. Yes Michigan St., only because Dantonio is the GREATER head coach. Witness FIU's surprising win Saturn evening past. Oh. Michigan St. is CRAPPY ala Miami this season and Dantonio may not be back next season.

By the way, Temple finishes 8-4 with a lot of starters returning. The same goes for UAB, which finished 9-3. Yikes.

Of those non-conference games. Only tiny Towson St. is a GUARANTEE win. Ouch.

Then there's the usual ACC teams and Miami finished 4-4 this season and will probably hold par or shoot one OVER PAR next season. hUh.

Advertisement
thats the bottom line. People think getting rid of enos will fix things. What OC worth his salt will want to coach for a disaster for a lame duck coach? Answer - none
I think Briles is available

Manny deff knows the gravity but idk if he will make changes to try and fix it. You can tell by his body language he can feel the fans want him gone already

It's more than the fans. Former players and big money boosters whom have a say in the program and all that. As for the AD, he's a Diaz slurper! So he doesn't matter, because he probably will keep Diaz around for TWO more seasons. OUCH.

Advertisement
I think Briles is available
I was a huge Briles advocate prior to this season but he failed with arguably the same amount of talent at FSU as he would be walking in to at Miami. Don’t get me wrong—I’d take Briles over En_s but I’d take a chicken calling plays by pooping on a huge play sheet over En_s.

True. You are paying Enos $1.5 million. Add another $1 million and you can bring in a proven coordinator. You could probably get Charlie Strong for $2 million and bring in some quality position coaches. Save your 2020 season at least to start and save on the 2020 buyout for Diaz. Season ticket drop off alone would justify spending money on coordinators.

True. You are paying Enos $1.5 million. Add another $1 million and you can bring in a proven coordinator. You could probably get Charlie Strong for $2 million and bring in some quality position coaches. Save your 2020 season at least to start and save on the 2020 buyout for Diaz. Season ticket drop off alone would justify spending money on coordinators.

yep. Has any first year coach at a P5 school ever turned over his own staff like that after year 1?

wonder how desperate for change manny really is. I fear very little change is coming,shaping up for a similarly disappointing 2020 and yet another year wasted. And btw, we have a very solid team coming back

yep. Has any first year coach at a P5 school ever turned over his own staff like that after year 1?

wonder how desperate for change manny really is. I fear very little change is coming,shaping up for a similarly disappointing 2020 and yet another year wasted. And btw, we have a very solid team coming back

Well, they coached a 10-win team to 6 wins. A competent head coach with competent coordinators could walk through that schedule next year even with the current roster and what is projected to sign in 2 weeks.

As I've stated, we are one competent head coach away from being good again. But they have to fire James first. Your two revenue sports are at the bottom.

Advertisement
Easy to fire people you didn’t hire and are not a reflection of his **** judgment. Firing Enos and the rest of the offensive staff after one year is him admitting failure in his number most important decisions.
Exactly. And that’s what people don’t get. Firing those guys was the easy move. Everyone wanted a new offense, and that’s what Manure promised. Then he hires the 2011 CMU staff to install and run a 1980s George Perles offense.

I get the Manny hate and I’m on board with firing him if by some miracle that happens, but let’s not rewrite history and pretend he was a loser DC that nobody wanted. He did a **** of a job at La Tech, Miss St, and Miami after his failed tenure at Texas so he revamped his career enough into getting the HC position at Temple. UM has proven to be too much for him.
We should have wished him well at temple. His defenses are and always have been boom or bust. Very few defensive coaches can do what saban has done and maintain a standard of excellence defensively for over a decade. Saban has 2 Ls this year and people act like he forgot how to coach. That’s called setting a standard. His worst year is better than our best.

Anyway, Manny’s defensive never approached that level. Manny himself never earned a job like miami. The best HCs generally worked their way to those jobs grinding and building programs as they climbed the ladder (See Urban, Saban, and B Kelly).

Lincoln Riley is one of the top offensive minds in the game and he’s struggling putting together a perfect season because he’s a relative novice on CEOing a a Juggernaut program to a title.

We expect 10 plus win seasons but manny has the chops for 8 wins max. While super elite guys like Riley can learn on the job and win 11, manny has no shot of achieving this now or in the foreseeable future (If ever).

Manure set the bar so low this year that I’m sure he’s thinking “we can execute our way to 9 wins next season and a top 60 offense. Then the UM mongoloid fans will give me credit for improving from the rock bottom low that I set the previous year. I’ll be the new hero for trending up!”

Advertisement
Manure set the bar so low this year that I’m sure he’s thinking “we can execute our way to 9 wins next season and a top 60 offense. Then the UM mongoloid fans will give me credit for improving from the rock bottom low that I set the previous year. I’ll be the new hero for trending up!”
This is exactly what will happen and he will scream progress.

Trending up is the bread and butter play in the Al Golden CoRches binder.

We should have wished him well at temple. His defenses are and always have been boom or bust. Very few defensive coaches can do what saban has done and maintain a standard of excellence defensively for over a decade. Saban has 2 Ls this year and people act like he forgot how to coach. That’s called setting a standard. His worst year is better than our best.

Anyway, Manny’s defensive never approached that level. Manny himself never earned a job like miami. The best HCs generally worked their way to those jobs grinding and building programs as they climbed the ladder (See Urban, Saban, and B Kelly).

Lincoln Riley is one of the top offensive minds in the game and he’s struggling putting together a perfect season because he’s a relative novice on CEOing a a Juggernaut program to a title.

We expect 10 plus win seasons but manny has the chops for 8 wins max. While super elite guys like Riley can learn on the job and win 11, manny has no shot of achieving this now or in the foreseeable future (If ever).
Here's the thing. If we didn't hire him after last season, we would have hired him in a couple years when the most recent scrub failed. We'd STILL have hired Manny, even if he was going 6-6 at Temple. It was inevitable. At least this way the failed experiment will be over by the end of 2020, instead of starting then. Silver lining..... I guess..

Bottom line, Manny flopped harder than almost any first year coach similarly situated. Look at our last 3 classes and tell me this is a 6-6 team that should lose to Duke, GT and of course FIU.

Other than the tradition of giving bums multiple years to fail, there is no reason he should be retained. He can’t coach or run a program.
I look forward to your takes on coaching deficiencies, We. When’s the last time you’ve seen a football coach flop this badly in HS or college?

This is exactly what will happen and he will scream progress.

Trending up is the bread and butter play in the Al Golden CoRches binder.
And the mentally defective UM fans and administrators will jump right in on that. He’ll buy himself a 3rd year by being the worst coach in history this year.

Advertisement
Back