"I don't like Adidas"

Anybody saying they won't come here because we have Adidas, before they even see the uniform, obviously was never going to come here anyway. It's really simple, it does NOT matter which brand it is, if they have a well designed uniform.
****, even if Adidas has bad designs for us, just like Nike had those helmets for us last year, I still will think we had to take the deal. Adidas making us a top priority and giving us the 2nd highest apparel contract is a million times better than what Nike is offering.

Advertisement
the only nikes these young kids obsess over are basketball shoes specifically Jordan basketball shoes which they can still wear in their free time. having to wear an adidas cleat for an hour wont make a difference nobody is banning them from wearing nike forever. I'd imagine teddy bridgewater still had some jordans laying around that he wore while at louisville

Air max and shox are huge too.

Its not the uniforms but more the off field swag , sweat suits , sneakers , backpacks etc.

so is it in the contract that the players cant wear nikes off the field? i find that hard to believe

No but they get a lot of free nike swag .

Not every kid cares but there's plenty that do.

Apparently not enough free swag according to Pete. At least not to the level of other schools in the Nike stable. Which is reason enough to make the switch if you're be treated like a second class citizen

Adidas will be giving us more money in apparel alone, than Nike gave us total per year. Then they are also giving us like $4M in cash. It the **** they are getting for free looks good, they won't give a **** that it is Adidas. You buy the brands you do because you think it looks better. If you think it is better material, you are crazy, because they are both made at the same place. Adidas will be giving us the very best they have to offer, and will be paying us like 3x as much as Nike.

Ive never known any football player who likes wearing soccer gear.

Lol, Nike was a track shoe before.

And didn't become a brand until they signed Jordan and he started winning dunk contests.

Lol these young kids have so much to learn.

And Lamborghini was a tractor company, what's your point?

The point is change can begin anywhere. Adidas is making a concerted effort in football and they see Miami as the brand that can change the game for them. I'm just confused by the "Adidas sucks" talk. Even if that is the case are they destined to never get better? Are they always gonna suck?

Yes.

Advertisement
This deal is only going to help us. Nike hasnt cared about Miami for years. Adidas is paying way more money and is actually going to spend time promoting us.

I personally can't blame them for taking Adidas deal, I mean that's a lot more money.

Just saying .

I personally can't blame them for taking Adidas deal, I mean that's a lot more money.

Just saying .
Agree. We are losing with Nike might as well make a few million more if you're gonna lose.The extra money can help pay the buyout from this infinite "cloud" followed coaching staff.

For clarification, the kid mentioned numerous things he didnt like about where the program is right now. The second thing out of his mouth was, "I don't like Adidas." Had this team beat FSU and finished 9-4, I don't think this thread would exist.

Advertisement
I just heard that come out of a high profile recruit's mouth who's currently committed here.

I never fathomed leaving Nike would affect recruiting, but I guess these kids actually care about this stuff.

".... Unless they are free!"

You forgot the second part of what "the recruit" said so I FIFY.

If the rumors are true about Nike not delivering on new stuff to the team than they were never gonna match Adidas anyway, so good for the U for taking the money!
Fire Blake and Golden!!!
Had to get that in there

If you are winning the whole jersey thing doesnt really matter

The deal is a great deal but im in wait and see mode with how the jerseys are going to look

Lol at people now blaming Adidas for losing recruits. Sheesh, guys. Do you think it's prevented ND or ATM from fielding top recruiting classes?

Advertisement
Man stfu with the adidas bull****, Adidas is coming up in the college football world and its nice that we are their main priority and as far as recruits well yeah the biggest "AAU" football team in the 7on7 circuit is now sponsored by adidas and that's the south Florida express.

Here is what Adidas gives us, no **** excuse not to shell out for the best staff we can hire.

Advertisement
Ive never known any football player who likes wearing soccer gear.

And didn't become a brand until they signed Jordan and he started winning dunk contests.

The point is change can begin anywhere. Adidas is making a concerted effort in football and they see Miami as the brand that can change the game for them. I'm just confused by the "Adidas sucks" talk. Even if that is the case are they destined to never get better? Are they always gonna suck?

Sure they can change. Lamborghini did. I'm speaking in reference to the poster saying Nike was a track company to start out. Not sure what that had to do with anything.

I just hope that Adidas does something they've never done, and actually making some attractive merchandise. Don't have any faith based off of what I've seen in the past and the present. And now we're sponsored by them, which makes me sick.

They're second tier for a reason. As far as Nike not hooking us up, I don't think we'd have issues if we were balling out on the field like we are supposed to.

Sure they can change. Lamborghini did. I'm speaking in reference to the poster saying Nike was a track company to start out. Not sure what that had to do with anything.

I just hope that Adidas does something they've never done, and actually making some attractive merchandise. Don't have any faith based off of what I've seen in the past and the present. And now we're sponsored by them, which makes me sick.

They're second tier for a reason. As far as Nike not hooking us up, I don't think we'd have issues if we were balling out on the field like we are supposed to.

So Nike didn't give us new practice stuff when we got new uniforms like they did for FSU because we weren't playing well? Even more reason to leave. People want to be cuckolds then by all means do what you gotta do but that isn't me.

Tell that recruit to throw down about 40 Million in cash and another 40 Million in gear, then he can talk.

Adidas is known as a *** futbol, Eurotrash and S American panzy brand.

Just saying.

Young kids who grow up worshipping Nike are not gonna like panzy *** Adidas. Fact.

Nobody gets robbed and murdered for their Adidas fruit boots.

This will have an effect on recruiting.

I don't agree with this, but the kids do.

absolutley 500% fact

Advertisement
Back