"I don't like Adidas"

Advertisement
Ive never known any football player who likes wearing soccer gear.

Lol, Nike was a track shoe before.

And didn't become a brand until they signed Jordan and he started winning dunk contests.

Lol these young kids have so much to learn.

And Lamborghini was a tractor company, what's your point?

The point is change can begin anywhere. Adidas is making a concerted effort in football and they see Miami as the brand that can change the game for them. I'm just confused by the "Adidas sucks" talk. Even if that is the case are they destined to never get better? Are they always gonna suck?

I don't know how many on here played high school football or beyond, but kids love nikes. Mostly b/c 80% of the top athletes sport Nikes. It is what it is. Other programs know this. You don't think Adidas haven't come at other schools w/ crazy loot? It's not just on the field, it's the off the field gear they get as well. I know it may not matter to you, and for those who are not young anymore don't get it, but kids go to schools based upon apparel. They are different.

kids dont go to school based on apparel they go for winning programs that can put them in the pros or a well established coach. currently miami is a loser with a horrible coach but they are still putting kids in the league, i'd guess wearing a swoosh or under armour sign is way down the list

Ive never known any football player who likes wearing soccer gear.

Lol, Nike was a track shoe before.

And didn't become a brand until they signed Jordan and he started winning dunk contests.

Lol these young kids have so much to learn.

And Lamborghini was a tractor company, what's your point?

The point is change can begin anywhere. Adidas is making a concerted effort in football and they see Miami as the brand that can change the game for them. I'm just confused by the "Adidas sucks" talk. Even if that is the case are they destined to never get better? Are they always gonna suck?

Yes.

I don't know how many on here played high school football or beyond, but kids love nikes. Mostly b/c 80% of the top athletes sport Nikes. It is what it is. Other programs know this. You don't think Adidas haven't come at other schools w/ crazy loot? It's not just on the field, it's the off the field gear they get as well. I know it may not matter to you, and for those who are not young anymore don't get it, but kids go to schools based upon apparel. They are different.

kids dont go to school based on apparel they go for winning programs that can put them in the pros or a well established coach. currently miami is a loser with a horrible coach but they are still putting kids in the league, i'd guess wearing a swoosh or under armour sign is way down the list

They don't base their decision on the swoosh but it plays a part for a lot of kids

Last edited:
Advertisement

They don't bade their decision on the swoosh but it plays a part for a lot of kids

for basketball yeah

Adidas or Nike? Who gives a crap! Put on the uniform and the helmet and hit some Criminoles!

Let's go CANES!

They don't bade their decision on the swoosh but it plays a part for a lot of kids

for basketball yeah

Football too, these kids rock this stuff at school

I know it's hard for some of you to believe but it plays a part.

Last edited:
Advertisement
the only nikes these young kids obsess over are basketball shoes specifically Jordan basketball shoes which they can still wear in their free time. having to wear an adidas cleat for an hour wont make a difference nobody is banning them from wearing nike forever. I'd imagine teddy bridgewater still had some jordans laying around that he wore while at louisville

the only nikes these young kids obsess over are basketball shoes specifically Jordan basketball shoes which they can still wear in their free time. having to wear an adidas cleat for an hour wont make a difference nobody is banning them from wearing nike forever. I'd imagine teddy bridgewater still had some jordans laying around that he wore while at louisville

Air max and shox are huge too.

Its not the uniforms but more the off field swag , sweat suits , sneakers , backpacks etc.

Its not the uniforms but more the off field swag , sweat suits , sneakers , backpacks etc.

so is it in the contract that the players cant wear nikes off the field? i find that hard to believe

True you can throw in foamposites and roshe runs as well. But just because we have an adidas apparel contract doesn't mean our student athletes can't wear whatever they want to...

Advertisement
about a week ago

tumblr_nbywgujZgw1s2bdp3o1_400.gif

so is it in the contract that the players cant wear nikes off the field? i find that hard to believe
Na not the players....Although I believe the higher ups have to stick with adidas if I'm not mistaken

Advertisement

No but they get a lot of free nike swag .

Not every kid cares but there's plenty that do.

smh still with this ****. The only brand kids care about when they are getting free gear is the name of the school written across that ****. If Miami was dominating again to where it wasn't an embarrassment to be seen in orange and green, that **** could be made by Puma and kids would rock that it bec they would be reppin a WINNER and that's all the swag that matters. I see plenty of HS and college age kids buying adidas stuff just to have in their wardrobe along with their Nike stuff if it's raw looking enough. Besides I know a ton of kids who actually prefer to wear the adizero's over the vapors because of how light they are.

i get it i used to obsess over airmax and jordans until i had real responsibility after college and i still have nephews and little cousins in jr high and highschool where its a status symbol so i understand it. but i feel like as long as the kids can wear their jordans or airmax like you mentioned off the field they'll be straight, most of the people i grew up around would rock all sorts of athletic brands when it comes to hoodies, t shirts, backpacks etc its the shoes where they are most discriminate and prefer nike/jordans. just my opinion

Last edited:

Apparently not enough free swag according to Pete. At least not to the level of other schools in the Nike stable. Which is reason enough to make the switch if you're being treated like a second class citizen

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back