"I don't like Adidas"

Bull**** thread by OP. This ain't college basketball.

The kid said it to me. Jesus, I didn't know the thread would turn into a referendum on sneakers in the inner city. I'm not saying his name out of respect for the kid. When he's ready to decommit, I'll let you know the kid. But he mentioned one of the things he didnt like was the new Adidas deal.
So you know of a decommit but won't let us know and let the kid keep trolling us ? **** you

Advertisement
Ive never known any football player who likes wearing soccer gear.

Lol, Nike was a track shoe before.

And didn't become a brand until they signed Jordan and he started winning dunk contests.

Lol these young kids have so much to learn.

And Lamborghini was a tractor company, what's your point?

The point is change can begin anywhere. Adidas is making a concerted effort in football and they see Miami as the brand that can change the game for them. I'm just confused by the "Adidas sucks" talk. Even if that is the case are they destined to never get better? Are they always gonna suck?

No problem here giving them a chance, but they better step it up from recent UCLA type **** I have seen. I think the incentive is strong.

More concerned about what the short sighted powers that be at UM will do to waste the opportunity and dollars...

UM

Another CiS bull**** thread. Post the name of the kid or its BS. So much trash being spewed on the forum.

Lol, Nike was a track shoe before.

And didn't become a brand until they signed Jordan and he started winning dunk contests.

Lol these young kids have so much to learn.

And Lamborghini was a tractor company, what's your point?

The point is change can begin anywhere. Adidas is making a concerted effort in football and they see Miami as the brand that can change the game for them. I'm just confused by the "Adidas sucks" talk. Even if that is the case are they destined to never get better? Are they always gonna suck?

No problem here giving them a chance, but they better step it up from recent UCLA type **** I have seen. I think the incentive is strong.

More concerned about what the short sighted powers that be at UM will do to waste the opportunity and dollars...

UM

This is definitely a high risk-high reward situation.

Advertisement
I love nike gear, always have and always will. I think it's the best around right now. However, I do have some Adidas stuff I really like too. I don't like their sneakers (I buy nike 90% of the time) but they have some cool sweatshirts and athletic pants. If they are committed to growing their brand in football, they definitely have the means to do so. All this gear is the same fabric/plastic, it's just making sure the quality and fit compares to nike and they market the **** out of it.

Advertisement
Me personally I don't like Adidas Cleats..(AdiZero very lite but extremely thin skins and not very durable) I do like the uniforms. Our high school wears Adidas.. the kids where very upset.. they wanted Nike... an hour later they were over it and on-line buying Adidas gear. I agree with the other poster when he says if a kid is leaving because of he makes the uniform... they were looking for any reason to go else where. And the economic position of the deal makes it a no brainer. Adidas it is..

Me personally I don't like Adidas Cleats..(AdiZero very lite but extremely thin skins and not very durable) I do like the uniforms. Our high school wears Adidas.. the kids where very upset.. they wanted Nike... an hour later they were over it and on-line buying Adidas gear. I agree with the other poster when he says if a kid is leaving because of he makes the uniform... they were looking for any reason to go else where. And the economic position of the deal makes it a no brainer. Adidas it is..

But remember, durability does not matter. They can get new Cleats every week if they want. We are getting more money in apparel than we did at all from Nike. It doesn't matter if they go through a pair of cleats in 2 months.

Basically IMO, as long as they don't **** up the helmets, I'm happy with the change. The money would be too important to turn down. I mean, I think the worst the jersey/pants combo can end up is what Nike gave us with the stupid eyebrow thing. And the worst they can do to the helmets is what Nike gave us this year. The new jerseys/pants we had this year were nice, but they ****ed up the helmets. So overall Nike hasn't had anything good for us in a decade.

But remember, durability does not matter. They can get new Cleats every week if they want. We are getting more money in apparel than we did at all from Nike. It doesn't matter if they go through a pair of cleats in 2 months.

Basically IMO, as long as they don't **** up the helmets, I'm happy with the change. The money would be too important to turn down. I mean, I think the worst the jersey/pants combo can end up is what Nike gave us with the stupid eyebrow thing. And the worst they can do to the helmets is what Nike gave us this year. The new jerseys/pants we had this year were nice, but they ****ed up the helmets. So overall Nike hasn't had anything good for us in a decade.
Only helmets I'll be fine with other than the traditional lids is an all black look with black helmets

Only helmets I'll be fine with other than the traditional lids is an all black look with black helmets

But my point was, Nike ****ed up the most important part of the uniform for us this year. So even if Adidas ****ed up the helmet JUST LIKE NIKE, at least they are paying us 3x as much to do it. Even if I don't really like the uniform they design that much, I still would have taken this deal, it's just too good to pass up.

But I think Adidas will not **** with the helmet too much, maybe have like 3 games a year where they do something different with the helmet. I'm also of the opinion that as long as the base uniform is nice, they can do whatever crazy **** they want for 2-3 games per year. If you spend the kind of money they just did, I can let them have a lot of wiggle room in their "crazier" ideas that they will surely have as special game unis

Advertisement
I don't know how many on here played high school football or beyond, but kids love nikes. Mostly b/c 80% of the top athletes sport Nikes. It is what it is. Other programs know this. You don't think Adidas haven't come at other schools w/ crazy loot? It's not just on the field, it's the off the field gear they get as well. I know it may not matter to you, and for those who are not young anymore don't get it, but kids go to schools based upon apparel. They are different.

That's me. I'm not young anymore. I could give a **** about Addidas or Nike. ***** 'em all. What happened to majors, and small classes, and value of degrees? Or who can get you into the league?

Adidas is known as a *** futbol, Eurotrash and S American panzy brand.

Just saying.

Young kids who grow up worshipping Nike are not gonna like panzy *** Adidas. Fact.

Nobody gets robbed and murdered for their Adidas fruit boots.

This will have an effect on recruiting.

I don't agree with this, but the kids do.

I know, I know. Jimbo told them they will have to wear these:

http://www.manties.net

Advertisement
Back