I can confirm Miami is working hard on transfers right now..

Moved on in the sense of building next year’s roster based upon who has committed to be here and not assuming that someone who hasn’t committed will return. I’d be somewhat surprised if Wooga portaled… Jim was his biggest fan and supporter (remember Wooga was not in the universe of NBA prospects when he arrived on campus). Neither were happy with this season but I believe they have a good relationship.

A lot of people see Cleveland at the 3 and there may not be room for Wooga at the 2 after a couple transfers… I think it’s too early to say what will happen if he totally washes out of the draft process but his heart is set on being a pro (and was all this year too).

Wooga needs to go to class.

Period.

Advertisement
I’m going to take @Da Jumbo Mutombo advice and provide the following info.
@Pentagon Cane hit the nail on the head.

UM does not expect Wooga back. He’s either playing pro ball next year (NBA/G-League or Europe) or college ball somewhere other than UM
UM expects Cleveland to return
Omier’s decision seems to have the least certainty.

Getting confused, is Omier’s hiring of an agent not final? He can still return?

George still has not hired an agent?

Advertisement
Omier needs to move on with his life already. Really don't like the way he's handling the process and same goes for Wooga and George. Just make a declaration. Cleveland I'm assuming will just be returning since he hasn't said anything

Omier needs to move on with his life already. Really don't like the way he's handling the process and same goes for Wooga and George. Just make a declaration. Cleveland I'm assuming will just be returning since he hasn't said anything
Agree.

Unrelated, but do you have any personal, life-altering deliberations you’re making? It might be helpful for each of us to give feedback on how long you’re taking.

Agree.

Unrelated, but do you have any personal, life-altering deliberations you’re making? It might be helpful for each of us to give feedback on how long you’re taking.
It's not the decision, it's the hedging. He did this last year too.

Advertisement

There are complexities involved. Omier LOVES Miami and LOVES Coach L and would love to come back but obviously the nba is his dream and even if he isn’t a lock to be drafted his market value is strong internationally and he doesn’t want to leave money on the table… and although we are doing pretty well with NIL they also can’t afford to overpay one position… so try to give the young man some grace because he is a GREAT Hurricane.

There are complexities involved. Omier LOVES Miami and LOVES Coach L and would love to come back but obviously the nba is his dream and even if he isn’t a lock to be drafted his market value is strong internationally and he doesn’t want to leave money on the table… and although we are doing pretty well with NIL they also can’t afford to overpay one position… so try to give the young man some grace because he is a GREAT Hurricane.
And I am certain it is mutual. Jim will do everything he can to help Norchad get to the next level. A spot will be there for him if he decides to reurn. A front court of Omier, Johnson and Kidd would be quite formidable.

Players do this, were you up in arms when Wong went through the process multiple times, but returned? Just because you don't know anything, doesn't mean that Omier isn't talking to L and the staff as he moves through the process. Fans need to realize that just because people aren't spilling their guts online, doesn't mean they aren't talking to the people around them that actually care. Norchad respects the **** out of Coach L, when the official decision is made, L will be the first to know.

A few updates about my nephew.

1. He is down to Miami and Northwestern
2. Miami is definitely not NIL poor. NIL will not be a reason he goes to NU over UM
3. Miami is making every effort and sending a coach to meet with my nephew today at Stetson
4. I am still staying out of this unless I am asked for an opinion as I am clearly biased and he’s family, so don’t kill me if this does not work out for UM.

Advertisement

2. Miami is definitely not NIL poor. NIL will not be a reason he goes to NU over UM
3. Miami is making every effort and sending a coach to meet with my nephew today at Stetson
4. I am still staying out of this unless I am asked for an opinion as I am clearly biased and he’s family, so don’t kill me if this does not work out for UM.
Sounds like he's leaning Northwestern based on this update

Unless Norchad thinks he can make 7 figures playing pro ball, he's probably better off taking high 6 figures for on more year of college basketball. Hearing what some portal guys are raking in, I wouldn't be surprised if Norchad gets $800k+

Apologies if it was mentioned and I did not see it, or hasn't for privacy reasons, but which recruit is he?

Advertisement

Does he have a timeline to make a decision?

With the recent confirmed departures, we really need at least a couple more talented players. So the opportunity is there.

Don't know what Northwestern's attrition has been but -- a great academic school, with a hoops program on the come.

Well with Wooga officially in the portal this has to help, a lot.

Advertisement
Back