I can confirm Miami is working hard on transfers right now..

Advertisement
OK, thank you. I definitely don't know enough abt the game to fully understand that, so surely can't refute that. Just seems strange (to me) to give up one of the best players we have had recently, and still great, but that's ok.

(and especially OK if it means AtlAtty is correct that our NIL coffers are just hunky dory.)
Let me be clear that the NIL deal for my nephew is very strong, and frankly better than Nova, Cal and Northwestern. And i don’t believe this is unique to my nephew. SoI’m extrapolating from my nephew’s experience that UM has a strong NIL program. But i think my assessment is fair.

Should be a good day today in Coral Gables.
Happy Little Girl GIF by Demic

Advertisement
Let me be clear that the NIL deal for my nephew is very strong, and frankly better than Nova, Cal and Northwestern. And i don’t believe this is unique to my nephew. SoI’m extrapolating from my nephew’s experience that UM has a strong NIL program. But i think my assessment is fair.
Congrats! I hope your nephew has a great experience in CG, he's playing for a legend and should be part of a solid team this season.

Advertisement

Kid is an absolute bucket getter and one of the best pure scorers that will play for Miami in some years. Scored 43 points against Austin Peay last month and hit 8 3's in another game against Bellarmine. 2 point FG% could be a bit higher (43%) but went 38% from 3 and is a career 90% FT shooter.

Advertisement
Advertisement
"very" isn't a word I would use if we couldn't pony up enough to keep Omier. That's a huge loss, and the guy loves the team and coach and more, but loves money even more apparently. Sure, maybe someone offered him the kitchen sink, but c'mon, this loss aint abt playing time...

You’re missing it. They can pay but they’re not gonna overpay for one position because they want a roster of elite guys not just throw the whole bank at 2 or 3 players.

One positive I'll mention that hasn't been brought up, since most of the focus is on his scoring, is that he had a lower turnover rate last season than pretty much every other player on the roster (aside from AJ Casey, but he also had limited opportunities to turn the ball over).

Blackmon's turnover rate was 11.7% last season, and of the top 6 players on last season's roster, only Pack was below 15% (he was at 13.9%). Omier/Cleveland/Wooga were all around 16-16.5%, and Bensley/George were in the 21-22% range.

Advertisement
Back