I Can’t Stand Little Nicky, But…

Yes, that was after repeatedly saying that he needs better players, and that they need to buy in and work harder. If that’s not throwing your players under the bus, then I don’t know what is.

Alex Ruiz also stated on Twitter after Saturday’s game the “Mario will be purging the team”, which tells me that Mario thinks he himself isn’t the main problem, since the Ruiz’s are so closely connected to Mario and the program.
It's not throwing players under the bus...........it's just **** truth.
truth GIF

Advertisement
I'm sure if you search hard enough, you can find something about Mario getting on the players, but I think I've seen enough comments this season where he's taken the blame too. We can criticize Mario for plenty of things but him taking accountability or not is towards the bottom the totem pole.

Also, those press conferences have to be super uncomfortable if you're Mario and trying to explain the unexplainable week after week. Like, folks were getting on him here for saying at halftime of FSU game we have to establish the run. What else did you want him to say? That we don't have a bleeping chance of getting back in the game? Anyways, enough time on the mic and something is going to come out that will not be some super polished statement.

I'm sure if you search hard enough, you can find something about Mario getting on the players, but I think I've seen enough comments this season where he's taken the blame too. We can criticize Mario for plenty of things but him taking accountability or not is towards the bottom the totem pole.

Also, those press conferences have to be super uncomfortable if you're Mario and trying to explain the unexplainable week after week. Like, folks were getting on him here for saying at halftime of FSU game we have to establish the run. What else did you want him to say? That we don't have a bleeping chance of getting back in the game? Anyways, enough time on the mic and something is going to come out that will not be some super polished statement.
Imagine trying to explain anything to Susan Miller or Manny Navarro...it'd be like explaining theoretical physics to a toddler.

Advertisement
God **** do some of you really spend time in your day looking for quotes you agree and disagree with from coaches? And even worse, do some of you think the quotes have any significance or value?
I am really beginning to wonder how many people on CIS ever played a sport, much less a team sport.

…I admire the way that he’s handling the backlash from fans and media after Baga’s second loss this season.

“Look, I can’t blame the players.” Saban said. “I’m responsible for all of this stuff. So if we didn’t do it right, that’s on me.”

That’s how a leader should lead. Taking the blame for failures, while enjoying all of the glory for success.

I wish Mario would have learned this from Saban, but apparently he didn’t. Blaming players is a bad excuse when the team looks this putrid. Take ownership, and fix it.

Neg away.

I'd say he missed another lesson or two from Saban.

Advertisement
Back