I Can’t Stand Little Nicky, But…

Yes, that was after repeatedly saying that he needs better players, and that they need to buy in and work harder. If that’s not throwing your players under the bus, then I don’t know what is.

Alex Ruiz also stated on Twitter after Saturday’s game the “Mario will be purging the team”, which tells me that Mario thinks he himself isn’t the main problem, since the Ruiz’s are so closely connected to Mario and the program.

Is he wrong? Don't care how he said it. Is he wrong? Do the current set of players, which 90 percent where recruited by Manny, have a tendency to fold like wet paper towel soon they punch in the mouth?

Mario needs own his faults, especially how the staff was assemble. But show one dog on this team? One? Name one player that's brings it every play? One?

TVD? He looks like he on cruise control.

Mallory? He need join bull fighting as much he whiff on blocks.

Knighton? You swear TVD was handing him a greased pig they way he fumbles

Thad? He don't even care enough lose weight with a free nutritionist on site.

Ivey? Heust wearing weight cleats I don't I have seen jump for a ball.

Taylor? Until recently, he final realized I probably should work on my craft if I want her better.

Show me the dog on this team? Where is the Reed, Rolle , or Burns in the secondary?

Where the Vilma, Perryman, or Quarterman on the LB?

Where's the Phillips or Rousseau on the line?

Where's the Feliciano Or Linder on this OL?

Where's the Berrios or Hankerson in the WR?

Where's the Dallas or Duke at RB?

Advertisement
Is he wrong? Don't care how he said it. Is he wrong? Do the current set of players, which 90 percent where recruited by Manny, have a tendency to fold like wet paper towel soon they punch in the mouth?

Mario needs own his faults, especially how the staff was assemble. But show one dog on this team? One? Name one player that's brings it every play? One?

TVD? He looks like he on cruise control.

Mallory? He need join bull fighting as much he whiff on blocks.

Knighton? You swear TVD was handing him a greased pig they way he fumbles

Thad? He don't even care enough lose weight with a free nutritionist on site.

Ivey? Heust wearing weight cleats I don't I have seen jump for a ball.

Taylor? Until recently, he final realized I probably should work on my craft if I want her better.

Show me the dog on this team? Where is the Reed, Rolle , or Burns in the secondary?

Where the Vilma, Perryman, or Quarterman on the LB?

Where's the Phillips or Rousseau on the line?

Where's the Feliciano Or Linder on this OL?

Where's the Berrios or Hankerson in the WR?

Where's the Dallas or Duke at RB?
Restrepo.

Qdp5lFd.gif

Advertisement
Mario recruited a lot of the players on this Miami squad while he was at Oregon, which means that he thought they were talented.
He may very well have recruited some of the current players on the Miami roster BUT they came to the **** show in Miami. How is that relevant? Sabag recruited his entire roster.

He may very well have recruited some of the current players on the Miami roster BUT they came to the **** show in Miami. How is that relevant? Sabag recruited his entire roster.
It’s relevant because Mario has a great eye for talent. You can’t have it both ways. If they were talented enough for him to recruit them, it destroys the narrative that the players suck.

I’ve said it many times, the players are not blameless, but they were put behind the 8-ball by this coaching staff from the jump.

It’s relevant because Mario has a great eye for talent. You can’t have it both ways. If they were talented enough for him to recruit them, it destroys the narrative that the players suck.

I’ve said it many times, the players are not blameless, but they were put behind the 8-ball by this coaching staff from the jump.
The crux of your thread was that Sabag was taking full responsibility for his teams 2 losses whereas Mario seems to be deflecting some of the blame to his players. My point was that Sabag’s roster is full of his recruits whereas Mario’s roster isn’t other than the transfers. Whether or not Mario recruited some of the current Miami players out of HS when he was at Oregon is irrelevant to the topic at hand.

The crux of your thread was that Sabag was taking full responsibility for his teams 2 losses whereas Mario seems to be deflecting some of the blame to his players. My point was that Sabag’s roster is full of his recruits whereas Mario’s roster isn’t other than the transfers. Whether or not Mario recruited some of the current Miami players out of HS when he was at Oregon is irrelevant to the topic at hand.
Not irrelevant at all. Agree to disagree.

Advertisement
First sign fans hate a coach is when they start dissecting coach speak. All these guys say the same things, win or lose, successful or not successful. If the coach is winning everything he says is gold. If a coach is losing those exact same words are used against him. It’s Super comical to see coach speak analyzed as if that qualifies how good a coach is.

Look like he tried to give it a go for big game against Texas AM and coaches didnt even play him at his position.. We essentially didnt need him from looks of it.. look like he got word to shut it down because we moved on and avoid injury.. He didnt quit

He most certainly quit if all the rumblings are accurate.

He quit on this team.

He quit on this program.

He quit on the coaches.

He quit playing college football.

All while presumably able to play some this season.

I don't care if it's to look towards the draft, it's still quitting. There is zero question what it is no matter how its dressed up.

Keep telling yourself that when we still suck in the next few years.

Mario is stubborn as a mule, and will either drastically change his philosophies or sink with the ship.

How can you ask for guys to work harder when they see that your schemes and systems are pure *****?

He’s not a National Championship winning head coach that can come in here and demand a certain standard when he has zero credibility to back that up. His teams consistently underachieved at Oregon, and now with him gone they are playing lights out. All of this with a first time head coach, new QB that was a bust elsewhere, and a RB that was also a bust elsewhere.
Coker was a national championship coach. What you call stubborn Mario calls focus

Not to derail the thread by getting back to Saban, but…

That loss to LSU was totally on him. He made the unexplainable decision to chase points and go for two late in the game. They didn’t convert. Kick a PAT there and you’re kicking a game-winning field goal at the end of regulation instead of sending it to OT.

Advertisement
Mario recruited a lot of the players on this Miami squad while he was at Oregon, which means that he thought they were talented.
It’s not just recruiting them, it’s developing and mentoring them. There is so much to this that most have zero clue about. Therefore, he can’t claim this team yet.

Golden owned the phrase “it’s on me” and I wouldn’t dare to think he’s a good leader or in the stratosphere of Mario.

Miami will be an entirely different team next year. In 2 years, we are going to be loaded and producing NFL talent everywhere. Just by that alone, we wlll be massively improved.

Question becomes, can we run an effective Offensive and Defensive scheme that can help us compete with the Georgia’s of the world.

Advertisement
Yes, that was after repeatedly saying that he needs better players, and that they need to buy in and work harder. If that’s not throwing your players under the bus, then I don’t know what is.

Alex Ruiz also stated on Twitter after Saturday’s game the “Mario will be purging the team”, which tells me that Mario thinks he himself isn’t the main problem, since the Ruiz’s are so closely connected to Mario and the program.

Do you have a link to a quote of Mario blaming the players?

Can't blame the players when you recruited them all

Yes. This.

Should Mario be here for the long haul, I would hope that in his 17th season—in 2039—that he would own all the blame and not put it on the kids that are part of his reload-not-rebuild program.

Advertisement
Back