I Can’t Get Over That Two Minute Drill

UMJer026

Junior
We’ve seen a lot of bad football here the last two decades. Underperforming units, questionable offensive and defensive philosophies, recruiting failures, etc. have become the norm. We’ve grown accustomed to losing games to teams with inferior talent, for a multitude of reasons. But what we saw last night, at the end of the game, might just be the worst of it all. After an atypical outburst (I mustve looked like a lunatic, admittedly), I looked around asking everyone if I was crazy. My wife hit me me with a “no comment.” I had to walk out, couldn’t stomach to watch the inevitable.

That was a total and complete coaching meltdown, the magnitude of ineptitude unconscionable. I don’t need to rehash the details, we all saw it. The offensive coaching put the kids in an impossible situation, with the result being they had no chance to overcome their coaches’ failures. Coaches displayed zero situational awareness, no clock management, no contingency planning—it was as if they’d never been in that situation before. There is no rational defense of what we saw. Indefensible. Inexcusable. Unforgivable, truly.

There are things you can correct, variables let’s say—better scheming and game planning masks some deficiencies, as of course does improving talent. But then there are things that are fixed, that won’t change. And as long as Richt is at the top, we are stuck with what we’ve got, which is plainly incapable. Absent the hiring of offensive coaches who are given complete control, we’ll continue to see this. The question is who will be around to watch. I don’t know how much more I can take.

Ok, rant over. Thanks for indulging me.

See y’all in 2020?

Advertisement
Miami had to run the football - which ultimately milked the clock. It was the only way they could move the football and even get into a position to win. A necessary evil, unfortunately. Miami had their chance...Cager is just no JJ Arcega-Whiteside and had to push off against a 5'10" corner in our one chance to bring it within a two-point conversion.

The two minute drill was terrible, but the team was in a position to tie it. They just...blew it.

Same. I also had to walk out of the stands last night in the fourth quarter. Went out to the concessions area and stood, pretty much alone listening to the radio broadcast that they play over the speakers underneath the stands.

I’m not even sick about it anymore. I’m just done.

Jer, I posted a few games back (I can't remember which game I was referring to) that Richt couldn't even get plays in at a normal speed let alone fast speed. I'll have to dig up the post. With that said while Jimbo Fisher is far from perfect, just catch a game of his when the camera focuses on him calling plays and contrast that with Richt. It's beyond alarming. I mean this guy really really struggles. No amount of repetitions, games or whatever is going to cure his problem. Some people can process things quickly in given situations and some can't. He clearly can't. To be honest, I'm not sure why he hasn't voluntarily stepped aside. Any normal human being when put in high pressure situations where they are extremely uncomfortable would say ***** this. Not good Ole preacher man though.

Same. I also had to walk out of the stands last night in the fourth quarter. Went out to the concessions area and stood, pretty much alone listening to the radio broadcast that they play over the speakers underneath the stands.

Sorry brother, but I feel your pain out here in Jersey.. just to think it's year 3 and it feels like we have this major rebuilding to do like at Runtgers.
smfh.

Advertisement
We were snapping the ball with about :10 on the play clock every time and no sense of urgency from the sideline.

There’s bad coaching, and then there’s that. We wasted about 3 minutes moving 30 yards because we couldn’t get the plays in/and or we had no sense of urgency. I was baffled by that.

It was a sickening display of incompetence by Richtirement.

Miami had to run the football - which ultimately milked the clock. It was the only way they could move the football and even get into a position to win. A necessary evil, unfortunately. Miami had their chance...Cager is just no JJ Arcega-Whiteside and had to push off against a 5'10" corner in our one chance to bring it within a two-point conversion.

The two minute drill was terrible, but the team was in a position to tie it. They just...blew it.
Cager actually pushes off all the time, he gets away with it a lot. He's extremely bad at using his size to his advantage.

Jer, I posted a few games back (I can't remember which game I was referring to) that Richt couldn't even get plays in at a normal speed let alone fast speed. I'll have to dig up the post. With that said while Jimbo Fisher is far from perfect, just catch a game of his when the camera focuses on him calling plays and contrast that with Richt. It's beyond alarming. I mean this guy really really struggles. No amount of repetitions, games or whatever is going to cure his problem. Some people can process things quickly in given situations and some can't. He clearly can't. To be honest, I'm not sure why he hasn't voluntarily stepped aside. Any normal human being when put in high pressure situations where they are extremely uncomfortable would say ***** this. Not good Ole preacher man though.

I think the man has some form of dementia, and I’m being dead serious. Seems to process information really slow

Preacher man has $4M reasons to not step aside. When have you even seen a preacher turn away the offering tray? No, they want every nickel, and Richt and his bow will be here till the bitter end

You know we are in trouble when losing is now accepted and expected. We are in a sad state.

Advertisement
Any hope I had for the program rebounding last night died after that shxtty 2 minute drill. Im done with this program.

That 2-minute "drill" was Goldenesque in its incompetence and failure. Mork has already shown he's an offensive doofus. The "drill" was the exclamation point.

What’s even more ridiculous is that cager is 6’5 220 going up against a 5’10 205 DB and still had to push off... I DONT BASH the kids but homie is straight up SOFT.

What do we expect? Toward the end of the first half, it took our staff about 12 real time seconds to realize it’d be a good idea to call a timeout after yet another 3rd down stop by the defense. We only wasted about 7-8 seconds off the time on the board, but it was horrifying to watch the slow processing calculation that it’d better to have 1:40 or so left without any timeouts than 1:00 or so left with 1 timeout. This is what happens when not enough people are working together as eyes on the field and in anticipation of sequences and scenarios. It may sound stupid and small, but it’s indicative of larger issues we now see consistently.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Trying to run a 2 minute offense in 6 minutes when you have 4 minutes in the game. I’m speechless.

Weekend at Richt's.

Guy is lifeless out there.

I was constantly amazed how he went to Perry in every high pressure situation and basically asked him to go perform a miracle for him.

I don't know that I could script a more screwed up game. He is absolutely terrible.

What do we expect? Toward the end of the first half, it took our staff about 12 real time seconds to realize it’d be a good idea to call a timeout after yet another 3rd down stop by the defense. We only wasted about 7-8 seconds off the time on the board, but it was horrifying to watch the slow processing calculation that it’d better to have 1:40 or so left without any timeouts than 1:00 or so left with 1 timeout. This is what happens when not enough people are working together as eyes on the field and in anticipation of sequences and scenarios. It may sound stupid and small, but it’s indicative of larger issues we now see consistently.
I can appreciate guys that don’t panic. Coaches and players that remain calm, cool, and collected.

For a while I thought Richt was that steadying type of force.

Turns out he just doesn’t know what the **** is going on.

**** me.

Advertisement
Back