I Can’t Get Over That Two Minute Drill

I think the man has some form of dementia, and I’m being dead serious. Seems to process information really slow

Preacher man has $4M reasons to not step aside. When have you even seen a preacher turn away the offering tray? No, they want every nickel, and Richt and his bow will be here till the bitter end

Been saying richt operates on a 10 second tape delay.

Advertisement
I swear I was having flashbacks to Randy Shannon calling timeout on an incomplete pass during a two minute drill against Cal in a bowl game.

You know we are in trouble when losing is now accepted and expected. We are in a sad state.

...you say this like it's not the norm—well before Richt showed up. 60-47 from Coker's final year until Fat Albert was fired. Losing has been Miami's way for well over a decade now.

What do we expect? Toward the end of the first half, it took our staff about 12 real time seconds to realize it’d be a good idea to call a timeout after yet another 3rd down stop by the defense. We only wasted about 7-8 seconds off the time on the board, but it was horrifying to watch the slow processing calculation that it’d better to have 1:40 or so left without any timeouts than 1:00 or so left with 1 timeout. This is what happens when not enough people are working together as eyes on the field and in anticipation of sequences and scenarios. It may sound stupid and small, but it’s indicative of larger issues we now see consistently.

Man, it’s just so difficult for me to understand. This is their job, and yet, the mistakes seem so clear, so obvious, and so easily avoided. It’s truly elementary stuff, a clear case of coaching gross negligence.

I hadn’t walked out of a game since the Golden FSU fiasco. This was worse. Against Duke. Duke. FML.

This man forgot what down it was lol. Think of everything that goes into a game plan and play calling. Every playcall is conceived based on down and distance like a chess match. Richt forgets he has another down left! Richtirement people.

Advertisement
So, OP just motivated me to watch the rewind of the last drive. Thankfully I had another engagement last night so I missed it. But, because I'm a ***aloon, I decided to watch the last drive. Holy crap, what a sh1tshow.

I don't even know where to begin - Perry's lack of awareness of a pocket and taking sacks, coaches calling running plays over and over, up for grabs balls to Cager b/c that's all we got, etc. But, the absolute worst of them all - and it's a full indictment on coaches and perry - was the great first down run by Homer where he got out of bounds with ~30 secs left. The team must have been preparing for a quick lineup/spike for like 10 secs. They seemingly NO IDEA what to do in that situation. I don't know how it went down but the coaches finally got a play in, making perry, et al realize that they didn't have to spike it.

ZERO situational awareness. Do we even practice 2/4 min drills? Those drills in practice used to be a staple of prctice. Our team was completely unprepared for it.

So, OP just motivated me to watch the rewind of the last drive. Thankfully I had another engagement last night so I missed it. But, because I'm a ***aloon, I decided to watch the last drive. Holy crap, what a sh1tshow.

I don't even know where to begin - Perry's lack of awareness of a pocket and taking sacks, coaches calling running plays over and over, up for grabs balls to Cager b/c that's all we got, etc. But, the absolute worst of them all - and it's a full indictment on coaches and perry - was the great first down run by Homer where he got out of bounds with ~30 secs left. The team must have been preparing for a quick lineup/spike for like 10 secs. They seemingly NO IDEA what to do in that situation. I don't know how it went down but the coaches finally got a play in, making perry, et al realize that they didn't have to spike it.

ZERO situational awareness. Do we even practice 2/4 min drills? Those drills in practice used to be a staple of prctice. Our team was completely unprepared for it.

Actually I think Homer, inexplicably, didn't go out of bounds. Maybe it was a different play, he picked up the first down, but tried to pick up another 2-3 yards and got tackled instead of stopping clock. Clock was way more important in that situation (which he might not have been aware of given how Rick was managing the series).

I still haven't gotten over the fact he Onside kicked it vs UVA.

That sh*t left me shellshocked bruh... I'm not even joking or trying to be funny, that was the loudest WTF I ever yelled out in my life. It was literally the Deathblow of the season imo.

What do we expect? Toward the end of the first half, it took our staff about 12 real time seconds to realize it’d be a good idea to call a timeout after yet another 3rd down stop by the defense. We only wasted about 7-8 seconds off the time on the board, but it was horrifying to watch the slow processing calculation that it’d better to have 1:40 or so left without any timeouts than 1:00 or so left with 1 timeout. This is what happens when not enough people are working together as eyes on the field and in anticipation of sequences and scenarios. It may sound stupid and small, but it’s indicative of larger issues we now see consistently.

It tells you the offensive staff is in complete disarray. No urgency, nobody checking Richt, or at least that is what it seems. It's really hard to watch.

Advertisement
That 2 minute drill was just marginally better than Randy's 2 minute drill against Cal, where he waited until the clock was stopped to call his last timeout. That was the most pitiful thing I have ever seen. What Richt is throwing out there for 2 minute drills is darn near as hard to watch.

Been this way all year. Miami is so terribly coached on offense and special teams and that is solely on Richt and his staff. Also has to be how he dictates how his coaches coach in practice. He left Manny out on an island to only coach the D and look at that side of the ball compared to the others that Richt has his fingers in. Its awful. So awful my mind is crying but my body is numb to this **** anymore.

Al golden is a better coach than mork rick. Let that sink in

Program is done until changes are made within the administration

I still haven't gotten over the fact he Onside kicked it vs UVA.

That sh*t left me shellshocked bruh... I'm not even joking or trying to be funny, that was the loudest WTF I ever yelled out in my life. It was literally the Deathblow of the season imo.

I let out a louder WTF when he brought Evan Sheireffs in last year.

Advertisement

UGA did warn us about Richt's poor time management.

We were snapping the ball with about :10 on the play clock every time and no sense of urgency from the sideline.

There’s bad coaching, and then there’s that. We wasted about 3 minutes moving 30 yards because we couldn’t get the plays in/and or we had no sense of urgency. I was baffled by that.

It was a sickening display of incompetence by Richtirement.

We just aren’t capable of doing things like this it doesn’t register in there mindset you call any play any play even a shank don’t matter and say HIKE and ball is hiked then do it again that’s the O now .

Advertisement
We’ve seen a lot of bad football here the last two decades. Underperforming units, questionable offensive and defensive philosophies, recruiting failures, etc. have become the norm. We’ve grown accustomed to losing games to teams with inferior talent, for a multitude of reasons. But what we saw last night, at the end of the game, might just be the worst of it all. After an atypical outburst (I mustve looked like a lunatic, admittedly), I looked around asking everyone if I was crazy. My wife hit me me with a “no comment.” I had to walk out, couldn’t stomach to watch the inevitable.

That was a total and complete coaching meltdown, the magnitude of ineptitude unconscionable. I don’t need to rehash the details, we all saw it. The offensive coaching put the kids in an impossible situation, with the result being they had no chance to overcome their coaches’ failures. Coaches displayed zero situational awareness, no clock management, no contingency planning—it was as if they’d never been in that situation before. There is no rational defense of what we saw. Indefensible. Inexcusable. Unforgivable, truly.

There are things you can correct, variables let’s say—better scheming and game planning masks some deficiencies, as of course does improving talent. But then there are things that are fixed, that won’t change. And as long as Richt is at the top, we are stuck with what we’ve got, which is plainly incapable. Absent the hiring of offensive coaches who are given complete control, we’ll continue to see this. The question is who will be around to watch. I don’t know how much more I can take.

Ok, rant over. Thanks for indulging me.

See y’all in 2020?

Our 2 minute drill only works if there’s 6 minutes on e clock..

I’m almost relieved that they called that PI, because if they would’ve run Choc on a FB dive on the 2 point attempt, I may have clubbed a baby seal to death.

Miami had to run the football - which ultimately milked the clock. It was the only way they could move the football and even get into a position to win. A necessary evil, unfortunately. Miami had their chance...Cager is just no JJ Arcega-Whiteside and had to push off against a 5'10" corner in our one chance to bring it within a two-point conversion.

The two minute drill was terrible, but the team was in a position to tie it. They just...blew it.

In a position to tie and blew it? Oh for the love of God!!

UGA did warn us about Richt's poor time management.
With no sarcasm at all, I can say I've taken so much of this better than I normally would because of their warnings. I've merely been cautiously optimistic from jump and continuously talked about the offense - even during Kaaya's end of season run during year 1 - in large part because I watched a lot of Richt's games at FSU, early UGA and listened to their fans.

If we're going to be surprised, I guess it should be at the degree of rigidity and overall reactionary nature we've seen. After spending all season saying fans know nothing and how external commentators are ignorant, we come out yesterday and sprinkle in an almost weird amount of forced jet sweeps. Everything is late. The degree of this current state is nearly unbelievable.

Advertisement
Back