I can’t defend Manny

Advertisement
Not me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I even stated my myopic-minded opinion on the passe Miami Herald Hurricane blog. Then came the unexpected road lost to a " 2-10 " Turtle team ( By the way, the Turtles only other win came against FCS Towson St. ) and the unthinkable 6-6 regular season. In other words, that 2011 Miami team was " built " to win AT LEAST 8 regular season games. If not nine regular season games with a little luck.

Somebody sometime this summer pulled up the thread after Golden beat UF and the entire fanbase was crowning him as the savior and wanted UM to lock him in for a 20 year contract extension before PSU came and scooped him up. So if you were the lone person in that thread to say you still weren't sold and want us to believe that........then fine. LOL.

Advertisement
It's one thing to rely on donations and need approval before going forward with a decision, it's another thing entirely for the donors to be picking and choosing HCs -- effectively removing Blake entirely from the equation.

Blake likes Manny, so do most. There's always going to be people who don't like our coach and the closest to beung universally liked was Richt. Manny is right behind him.

Fact though, to get the money to get him out of the Temple deal, it was already a done deal. Blake hasn't been the shot caller for either of the last two. The power lies above him and people can call for his head and if the real power players want to scapegoat someone, it'll be him. This really isn't that uncommon in collegiate sports. The more profitable a program though, the more power an AD can have for sure.

I can defend him.

While I hate his preparedness and our team's current level of competitiveness, I think Manny will make the necessary adjustments and we will be in the mix within 2-3 years....not willing to throw him to the wolves yet.

Advertisement
This is the first time in 5 years I will follow the NFL more. This team is going to give me a heart condition. This is just the kind of team we will be. Can't recruit with the best of them. We are a middle of the pack team. Once you accept it, you will be happier I promise

We are Top 3 in the world in terms of NFL players. Why can’t we win the Coastal?
It's the culture man, our guys like to showboat but curl up when hit back. I can't stand the props, the turnover chain and the rings need to go. All the first down gestures and happy about scoring while down 28-0 needs to go. They are used to losing and only focused on themselves. That's why we won't win the coastal

Advertisement
🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡

DB656CB9-6A6F-4C68-B276-9950F40AB911.jpeg

Advertisement
I gotta respectfully disagree with you. I think this is an incredibly easy problem to peg. It’s only hard for those who are unwilling to look objectively and critically at what we’ve done.

Since Coker we hired two guys with zero head coaching experience who were coordinators on failed staffs. We hired them because *delusional narcissism.*

We hired one guy who had been fired from his prior job, hadnt succeeded with all the resources at UGA, wasnt sure he wanted to coach anymore, wasnt an innovative football mind, and wanted to do the one thing (coordinator) that (a) he stunk at and (b) undermined the entire ‘ceo coach’ theory (which theory sucked, in any case), and hired his unqualified son for a critical staff role. We hired him because *delusional narcissism.*

We hired another guy who had one prior HC job, where he had a losing record 3 of 4 years and overall, and looked like he was progressing because his team dropped to a low D1 conference. This guy was a terrible fit for UM philosophically, culturally, schematically. He was not an innovatove mind on O or D. His D didn’t fit our recruiting base, either. And he didn’t value the job. We hired him as a convulsive reaction because he seemed like the *anti-Radio.*

Why is this all so hard to peg? We have not hired a single qualified candidate in 20 years. If Miami fans were’t so emotionally invested in people with Miami ties, this would be obvious.

Mark, Manny and Al rode with friends/loved ones over the team. They were compromised from the start and would've been better off with objective hires, because the other respective sides of the ball weren't such a mess.

Last edited:
you can't hold anyone accountable if you compromise the team for a friend; especially when you did last season's offensive staff that way... That's why the players don't respect it.

I can care less about the AD... Manny coaching over Blake's shoulder is a mistake, and it underscores the problem within the team.

Blake should be dismissed, to learn the same lesson Manny did years ago, because 'principal in the classroom' is a bad look and it's going to further the deterioration of whatever level of respect Manny has within the program.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back