I can’t defend Manny

The main issue is, dyck suckers like yourself don't really UNDERSTAND how finance, accounting, & budgeting works, so it's easy for you to retrospectively say from your mother's basement or remote trailer park that the "logic was horribly flawed" when these coaches were hired or that "I knew on Day 1 these coaches would fail". The bottom line is..when these coaches were selected they were the BEST candidates that MIA could hire at the time given the circumstances, and budget constraints. Only a delusional clown would feel that the university hired the absolute worst options, without considering the financial pressure/stress the university continues to face. The university has sent a direct/clear message to this hoe *** fanbase, that they are prioritizing other things besides fielding a winning football team. Why is that so difficult for dummies like yourself to understand?? Ironically..the biggest homers in this dysfunctional fanbase are the individuals who continue to advance the misguided narrative that MIA is only 1 competent HC/AD away from miraculously recapturing the glory of it's heyday. GTFOH..with that hoe *** ****, and put the crack pipe down. In the 80's it was Ok to believe that, but even then in order to compete with blue blood programs the MIA athletic dept was routinely forced to walk the line between compliant & non-compliant, as was evidenced by numerous NCAA infractions/scandals. Those days are long gone. Not only is more $$ being thrown around now than at any time in the history of CFB, but MIA as a university is also not as open/willing to adopt a "win at all costs" mentality like it once was. When you take all this into consideration it's really not that difficult to understand that in this current CFB landscape it is pretty much impossible for a school like MIA to compete.
Can’t believe CiS banned Blake himself

Advertisement
Blake likes Manny, so do most. There's always going to be people who don't like our coach and the closest to beung universally liked was Richt. Manny is right behind him.

Fact though, to get the money to get him out of the Temple deal, it was already a done deal. Blake hasn't been the shot caller for either of the last two. The power lies above him and people can call for his head and if the real power players want to scapegoat someone, it'll be him. This really isn't that uncommon in collegiate sports. The more profitable a program though, the more power an AD can have for sure.
This is the difficult thing for the general fan/public to know really and people aren’t going to want to hear it because Manny isn’t looking like a good choice and Blake hired him. It’s very possible that the powers with the money told Blake or “suggested” to Blake who to hire. He isn’t in a position to tell those people “No”. If you think he is, you’re wrong. Not if he wants to stay employed. He doesn’t have that type of leverage.

I have no idea. On the surface, bad hires were made all around but who really called the “Hire Manny” shots here is not known. Just something to consider as I personally think the mess is all around.

Advertisement

Great post.

Give Miami that 2018 defense back; you know—the one that forced six turnovers at home against North Carolina, returning three for 21 points.

Pointless, inflammatory tweet by Barry Jackson to get likes and retweets by a triggered fanbase.

This isn't the NFL. College teams have a completely different look year to year. What the f**k does it matter what Miami beat North Carolina and Virginia Tech by last year—you know, again, with that defense led by Jaquan Johnson, Sheldrick Redwine, Michael Jackson, Gerald Willis and Joe Jackson.

What a shock; Canes' defense struggling when losing five of its best players to graduation—and not at a point where it can just "reload" like the old days; proven by a 99-73 record since the 2005 Peach Bowl loss to LSU and five head coaches over the past 14 years.

the Miami Hurricanes should be the gold standard of college football, not anyone else.

Based on what—what this private school miraculously did over three decades ago? Money talks. End of story.

Georgia just poured $200,000,000 into their football program—two years after hiring Kirby Smart and getting to the national title game—to give them that little something they're missing in their quest to take down Alabama.

They've also picked up 1,100+ new members in their "Magill Society" booster group; each member on the hook to donate AT LEAST $25,000 annually.

Miami can barely fill 2/3 of its stadium with transplant fans that have no ties to the program—rocking old, faded Nike gear because they don't like the adidas, bro.

Explain to me from any play of logic or reason how a private school like the University of Miami, nestled in a large, diverse, metropolitan city; one with four pro sports franchise—an "events" town, not a "sports" town—has any bust being the GOLD STANDARD of college football.

This delusional level of entitlement is as off-base as any athletic department or coaching issue this program has had the past 15 years.

Based on what—what this private school miraculously did over three decades ago? Money talks. End of story.

Georgia just poured $200,000,000 into their football program—two years after hiring Kirby Smart and getting to the national title game—to give them that little something they're missing in their quest to take down Alabama.

They've also picked up 1,100+ new members in their "Magill Society" booster group; each member on the hook to donate AT LEAST $25,000 annually.

Miami can barely fill 2/3 of its stadium with transplant fans that have no ties to the program—rocking old, faded Nike gear because they don't like the adidas, bro.

Explain to me from any play of logic or reason how a private school like the University of Miami, nestled in a large, diverse, metropolitan city; one with four pro sports franchise—an "events" town, not a "sports" town—has any bust being the GOLD STANDARD of college football.

This delusional level of entitlement is as off-base as any athletic department or coaching issue this program has had the past 15 years.
get lost

Advertisement
This is the difficult thing for the general fan/public to know really and people aren’t going to want to hear it because Manny isn’t looking like a good choice and Blake hired him. It’s very possible that the powers with the money told Blake or “suggested” to Blake who to hire. He isn’t in a position to tell those people “No”. If you think he is, you’re wrong. Not if he wants to stay employed. He doesn’t have that type of leverage.

I have no idea. On the surface, bad hires were made all around but who really called the “Hire Manny” shots here is not known. Just something to consider as I personally think the mess is all around.
So if he does what he thinks ‘ohers’ want and fails, he keeps his job, but if he doesn’t, then he gets fired even if the program suceeds?

That makes no sense.

he is an adult professional. He should do what is right, not what is popular.

So if he does what he thinks ‘ohers’ want and fails, he keeps his job, but if he doesn’t, then he gets fired even if the program suceeds?

That makes no sense.

he is an adult professional. He should do what is right, not what is popular.
It doesn’t work like that with many people. He’s indebted to the powers that put him in place. I had to leave a job once because I refused to do the wrong things and someone else’s bidding but that was me and I had other options. Where’s Blake gonna go and make close to what he’s making?

Advertisement
Dont look now, but Chris Petersen is taking a lot of heat in Seattle.

"Chris Petersen is living off a reputation he no longer deserves, and the only title Washington is going to win any time soon is as the nation’s most disappointing program."

Could he finally be open to leaving the PNW? Miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

It doesn’t work like that with many people. He’s indebted to the powers that put him in place. I had to leave a job once because I refused to do the wrong things and someone else’s bidding but that was me and I had other options. Where’s Blake gonna go and make close to what he’s making?
Hes going to get blamed for failure anyhow. Do what you think right or do something else. This whole ‘powers that be’ stuff here is an excuse.

I've seen people in positions of leadership not do the right thing for any number of reasons - no conscience, no nads, no wherewithal, financial situations, just to name a few. I have absolutely no inside info, but information offered in this forum leads me to believe that James is nothing more than a straw boss - figure head. It may suit him for any number of reasons, but doesn't diminish the fact that he apparently has a limited amount of authority to make independent decisions.

Advertisement
Lol...so what. Whether he is behind the decision or just a puppet, the hire sucks and the team is losing and looks much worse than last year. He's 'in charge' so he gets canned first. Let the next guy bring someone else in and live or die by the hire. Thsi is adult ****. No one cares about excuses or your resume. If you arent producing the results I want today, you are gone.

Hes going to get blamed for failure anyhow. Do what you think right or do something else. This whole ‘powers that be’ stuff here is an excuse.

I've seen people in positions of leadership not do the right thing for any number of reasons - no conscience, no nads, no wherewithal, financial situations, just to name a few. I have absolutely no inside info, but information offered in this forum leads me to believe that James is nothing more than a straw boss - figure head. It may suit him for any number of reasons, but doesn't diminish the fact that he apparently has a limited amount of authority to make independent decisions.
I get it, believe me. I’ve been the guy that’s refused to do the wrong thing and I paid a price for it and I’d do it again. Not everyone’s built that way. If he’s a weasel chances are eventually it’ll catch up with him.

You're starting to get it.

It is what it is for good or bad. Same people will buy us out at some point when they determine it's time or maybe he turns it around. Hope it's the latter rather than the former.

You're starting to get it.

It is what it is for good or bad. Same people will buy us out at some point when they determine it's time or maybe he turns it around. Hope it's the latter rather than the former.
Believe me I hope it was Blake not the money making the call but I don’t see him having that type of power. I’d rather see Manny get things right but I don’t think that’s gonna happen. I’m not happy about it. I had higher hopes.

Advertisement
Back